AFCAT 2 2019 Notification and Dates
AFCAT 2019 Notification: Indian Air Force has invited online application for AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) 2 2019, for recruitment to the post of Commissioned Officers in flying and ground duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. Applicants can apply online through the official website of India Air Force via careerindianairforce.cdac.in or afcat.cdac.in. The Applicants who will qualify the AFCAT 2 2019, shall be inducted to courses commencing in July 2020 for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) / Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branches. Check out the complete details like exam date, application form, vacancy, eligibility criteria, the application process, exam pattern, exam fees, admit card, selection procedure, etc for AFCAT 2019 (II). The online application AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) 2019 will commence from July 2020.
AFCAT 2019 Exam Date
- Start Date to Apply Online: 01st June 2019
- Last Date to Apply Online: 30th June 2019
- Courses Commencing in July 2020
- AFCAT Exam Date: July 2019 (Tentative)
Check out AFCAT 2019 Application Form
AFCAT Vacancy Details
- Advertisement No: 02/2019/NCC SPECIAL ENTRY
- AFCAT (Flying)
- AFCAT Entry (Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical))
- NCC Special Entry (Flying)
Name of the Branch:
- Flying (208/20F/SSC/M&W) = SSC – 60 Posts
- Ground Duty (Technical) [207/20T/PC/M = AE (L) – PC – 28 SCC – 42 Posts
- Ground Duty (Technical) [207/20T/SSC/M&W] = AE (M) – PC – 12, SCC – 24 Posts
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical) [207/20G/PC/ M] – Admin: PC – 16, SSC – 24 Posts
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical) [207/20G/PC/ M] – Education: PC – 06, SSC – 10 Posts
- NCC Special (Entry) Flying PC for Men & SSC for Men & Women [208/20 F/PC/M & 208/20F/SSC/M & W] – 10% seats out of CDSE vacancies for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for SSC
- Meteorology Entry – Meteorology 207/20G/PC/M207/20G/SSC/M & W: Met: PC – 10, SSC – 14
- There is no intake conducted for Meteorology and Education branches for AFCAT 02/2019 for course commencing in July 2020
Type of Commission
Permanent Commission PC for Men: Applicants joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation as per their branch and rank.
SSC for Men & Women: The Engagement period for SSC Flying Branch is 14 years from the date of Commissioning (Not extendable).
Initial tenure for SSC officers in Ground Duty (Tech) and Ground Duty (Non-Tech) Branches would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, suitability, service requirements and availability of vacancies.
Also See: AFCAT Syllabus
AFCAT 2019 Application Form
Air Force Common Admission Test: Applicants have to register on or before the last date of submission of the application form. The application forms will only be released online, at afcat.cdac.in. The first step for filling the form is registration and for doing online registration Adhar card will be mandatory. Once, the registration is done successfully, the applicant’s login will be created. Only after accessing the login, details in the application form can be submitted. Complete AFCAT Application Form
The information to be submitted in the form will be related to:
- Personal Details
- Educational Details
- Communication Details
- Other Details
AFCAT Eligibility 2019
Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
AFCAT Age Limit
Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC Special Entry: 20 to 24 years as on 01st July 2020 i.e. born between 02nd July 1996 to 01st July 2000 (both dates inclusive). Upper age limit for Applicants holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born between 02nd July 1994 to 01st July 2000 (both dates inclusive).
Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch: 20 to 26 years as on 01st July 2020 i.e. born between 02nd July 1994 to 01st July 2000 (both dates inclusive).
Note: Applicants below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course. Widows/Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are also not eligible.
AFCAT 2019 Educational Qualifications
Flying Branch: Applicants should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and (a) Graduation with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or;
BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or;
Applicants who have cleared Section A & B Exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
Ground Duty (Technical) Branch
Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) (AE (L))
Applicants with a minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/ Technology from recognised University OR Cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines: (aa) Communication Engineering (ab) Computer Engineering/Technology (ac) Computer Engineering & Application (ad) Computer Science and Engineering/Technology (ae) Electrical and Computer Engineering (af) Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ag) Electrical Engineering (ah) Electronics Engineering/Technology (aj) Electronics Science and Engineering (ak) Electronics (al) Electronics and Communication Engineering (am) Electronics and Computer Science (an) Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering (ao) Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave) (ap) Electronics and Computer Engineering (aq) Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering (ar) Electronics Instrument & Control (as) Electronics Instrument & Control Engineering (at) Instrumentation & Control Engineering (au) Instrument & Control Engineering (av) Information Technology.
Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) (AE (M))
Applicants with a minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/Technology from recognised University OR cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines: (aa) Aerospace Engineering (ab) Aeronautical Engineering (ac) Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (ad) Mechanical Engineering (ae) Mechanical Engineering and Automation (af) Mechanical Engineering (Production) (ag) Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance) (ah) Mechatronics (aj) Industrial Engineering.
Graduate Degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
Graduate Degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
B.Com degree (Minimum three years degree course) from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
MBA/MCA or MA/M.Sc. degree in English/Physics/Mathematics/Chemistry / Statistics /International relations/International Studies /Defence Studies/ Psychology / Computer Science/IT/Mgt. / Mass Communication /Journalism / Public Relation with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate all papers put together in Post-Graduation (Minimum two years program) and 60% marks in graduation (both recognised by UGC/Competent Accreditation Authority).
NCC Special Entry (Flying Branch)
NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after 01 Jan 17 is mandatory. Applicants should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2. Graduates with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR
Applicants who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Geography/Computer Applications/ Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/Meteorology/Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology & Environment /Geophysics/Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each.
AFCAT 2019 Selection Procedure
All applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called for AFCAT and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).
The AFCAT will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude.
Sample question papers and syllabus of AFCAT/EKT is available on IAF career website careerairforce.nic.in
EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT. It is mandatory for the Applicants opting for ground duty (technical) branch to pass both AFCAT & EKT.
Applicants who are short-listed on the basis of AFCAT/EKT will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, Varanasi or Kanchrapara. Applicants who opt for flying branch can opt for Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi only. The testing would consist of three stages as given below:
- Officer Intelligence Rating Test along with Picture Perception and discussion test will be conducted on the first day. Stage-I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All Stage-I qualified Applicants would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for. Applicants who either do not qualify in Stage-I or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
- Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview would commence after document check for the next five days.
For Flying Branch
Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) would be administered to recommended Applicants only. This is once in a lifetime test. Applicants who have failed the CPSS/PABT in an earlier attempt or a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible to apply
Physical Fitness Test:
Applicants will be required to complete 1.6km run in stipulated time frame of 9 Min, 100 Meter run in 16 sec, furthermore 20 Pushup and Sit-ups in 1 minute, should be able to do 3 chin-ups and should be able to swim 25 meter.
AFCAT 2019 Centres
- Agartala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Alwar, Aligarh, Allahabad, Ambala, Amritsar, Bareilly, Behrampur (Odisha), belagavi, Bengaluru, Bhagalpur, Bhilai, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bhuj, Bikaner, Bihar Sharif, Chandigarh, Chhapra, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi and NCR, Dhanbad, Diu, Durgapur, Faridabad, Ganganagar, Gaya, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Greater Noida, Guntur, Gurugram, Guwahati, Gwalior, Haldwani, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, jalpaiguri, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Jorhat, Kakinada, Kannur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kohima, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kota, Kurukshetra, Leh, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Meerut, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Nasik, Nizamabad, Noida, Pathankot, Patna, Port Blair, Puducherry, Pune, Rajkot, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar, Solapur, Sonipat, Srinagar, Thane, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tinsukia, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Udaipur, Ujjain, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vellore, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal.
AFCAT 2019 Apply Online
Online applications will be accepted through the official recruitment websites of Indian Air force ‘https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in or https://afcat.cdac.in’. The last date of application is 30th June 2019.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, please click on “APPLICANT LOGIN” in the career website of IAF https://careerindiaairforce.cdac.in or careerairforce.nic.in and follow the instructions and https://afact.cdac.in.
Applicants are advised to read the notification for AFCAT (II) 2019 and the detailed guidelines for filling up the online application as given in the website careerairforce.nic.in prior to the commencement of filling up online applications.
While filling an online application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available, as details are to be filled as per matriculation and other educational certificates. Please save your recent color passport size photograph (size 10 to 50 KB) in the computer for uploading it with your online application form.
Please note that utmost care needs to be taken while filling up the online application.
Details of AFCAT 2019 centers are appended and would be allocated as per availability of seats at AFCAT center. The centers are allocated on first cum first basis and Applicant might get another center beyond his/her choice on delayed submission of application. No change of center will be entertained.
Please note that information filled up by the Applicants in the online application form will be considered final and no amendments will be allowed subsequently.
AFCAT 2019 Examination Fee
- Examination Fee for AFCAT Entry
- Applicants registering for AFCAT entry will have to pay the examination fee of Rs.250/- (not applicable for NCC special entry and Meteorology) to be paid online through the ‘Make Payment’ step on the main menu of the online application.
- No cash or cheque or demand draft (DD) will be accepted towards payment of examination fee. The examination fee can be paid using credit/ debit cards/ net banking through the payment gateway.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019
For the preparation of the examination, the applicant should go through the exam pattern first. By going through the AFCAT exam pattern Applicant will get an estimate about the marking criteria.
- Time Duration: 02 hours
- Number of Questions: 100
- Marking Criteria: +3 for each correct answer
- Negative Marking: -1 for each incorrect answer
- Number of Sections: 4 (Verbal ability, Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Reasoning and Military aptitude)
- Mode of Examination: Online
AFCAT Admit Card 2019
The AFCAT Admit Card 2019 will contain details of the Applicant and exam, like- name, date, timing, an address of the exam center, a name of the exam etc. The applicant needs to bring the one valid ID proof (Pan Card, Adhar Card, Voter ID Card, Passport etc) and a hard copy of Admit Card on the day of the examination. If the Applicant found the details mentioned on the Admit Card is incorrect, then-Applicant can contact the AFCAT-C-DAC Query Cell immediately at: E-Mail: [email protected].