AIHMCT Admission 2019 – Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
AIHMCT WAT 2019: Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (AIHMCT) Bangalore has invited applications from the eligible applicants for admission to Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management (BHM) 4-year full-time program commencing in the academic session 2019-20. Check out the complete details like exam date, application form, exam pattern, eligibility, admit card, result and more details about AIHMCT Admission Test 2019. AIHMCT is the entrance exam referred to as Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology. The institute is affiliated to Bangalore North University.
AIHMCT Course of Study – 20th BHM Course
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management (BHM) is a four-year full-time degree program. The BHM Course is structured to provide a high level of professional training to meet the latest standards and trends in the Global Hospitality Industry.
- Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (Affiliated to Bangalore North University & Approved by AICTE) NAAC Accredited.
AIHMCT WAT 2019 Important Dates (24th BHM Course)
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application Form (without Late Fee): March 30th, 2019
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application Form (with Late Fee Rs.200/-): April 25th, 2019
- Date of Written Admission Test (WAT): May 19th, 2019 (Sunday, 09.30 hrs to12.30 hrs)
- Date of WAT Result for Admission will be displayed on Website: May 30th, 2019
- Last Date with a Draft of Rs.15000/- as Confirmation for Admission: June 18th, 2019
- Date of Counselling cum Admission: June 27th, 2019
- Commencement of Course (Academic Session 2019-20): July 01st, 2019
Check out NCHMCT JEE 2019
Eligibility Criteria for AIHMCT WAT 2019
- Admission to this Institute is for children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel and war widows of the Army only. The children of the following categories of Army personnel are eligible and are required to submit the relevant certificates (as given against the category) as proof of their eligibility for admission to AWES Professional Colleges along with the Application Form:
Certificate Number 1 is applicable for the following:
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years of continuous service in the Army
- Children of Ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board
- Children of Ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service
Certificate Number 2 is applicable for the following:
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible
Certificate Number 3 is applicable for the Special Cases:
- Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force (IN/IAF)
- Children of APS personnel classified as Ex-servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence
- The applicant should have passed 10+ 2 examination or its equivalent in any academic stream with English as a compulsory subject. Applicants can also apply provisionally, subject to the condition that they produce the proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
- National Open Schooling Students (regular) should produce 11th Std. certificate from school (Admission is subject to the approval of Affiliated University). All provisional admissions will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination 10 + 2, or its equivalent is not submitted as required by due date.
- The applicant should not be more than 22 years of age as on 01st July 2019; the date of birth recorded in the matriculation or equivalent exam certificate will be considered as proof
- Applicant should have good general health with satisfactory limits of chest expansion and contraction, normal vision and hearing. In case of defective vision, it must be corrected to 6/9 in both eyes or 6/6 in the better eye.
- There should be no abnormality in heart and lungs and no history of mental disease or epileptic seizures.
AIHMCT WAT 2019 Selection Procedure
- Merit List – The admission will be strictly on merit ranking based on the aggregate marks obtained in the Written Admission Test (WAT).
- Relative Merit in case of equal marks. In the case of applicants securing equal marks, their relative merit will be reassessed inter-se on the basis of securing higher aggregate marks in the qualifying exam, i.e. 10+2 or its equivalent which will be given first preference
- The decision of the Managing Committee in the selection of the applicants will be final
- English is the medium of instruction for the program at the Institute.
AIHM – Written Admission Test (WAT)
- The competitive Written Admission Test for AIHMCT admission 2019 will comprise of four parts containing objective questions to test the following:
AIHMCT WAT 2019 Exam Centres
- Examination Centres: Eligible applicants, as per the eligibility criteria will appear at any one of the following centres (as opted by them) for the Written Admission Test (WAT) on 19th May 2019.
- Pathankot, Jalandhar Cantt, Ambala, Delhi, Kota, Jodhpur, Dehradun, Lucknow, Bhopal, Pune, Secunderbad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Guwahati and Danapur.
- Applicants to report at 09:00 hrs. The duration of the WAT will be from 0930 hrs to 1230 hrs on 19th May 2019.
AIHMCT WAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- All the applicants of AIHM & CT shall mandatorily appear for the written test on the prescribed dates. The questions will be objective in type. The competitive exam shall be of 3 hours duration. Applicants usually get questions segregated in 5 sections
- Section A – English Language
- Section B – General Knowledge
- Section C – Hospitality and Tourism
- Section D – Reasoning and Logical Deduction
- Section E – Scientific Aptitude and Numerical Ability.
AIHMCT WAT 2019 Application Form
- Prospectus cum Application form can be obtained by paying Rs.500/- which includes postal charges by demand draft in favour of the “Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (AIHM & CT)”, payable at Bangalore.
- The Prospectus-cum-Applications Form can also be downloaded from the College Website aihmctbangalore.com or by hand from the College/Command HQs (AWES)/Army HQ (AWES) through Demand Draft only.
- Application Form duly filled in by the applicants should be submitted to the Principal, AIHM & CT, Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangalore-560077
- The last date for receipt of completed application form is March 30th, 2019 and with a late fee of Rs.200/- is April 25th, 2019. Applicant should ensure their eligibility for the course before filling in their application forms.
- Application form for admission will be rejected if:
- Improperly filled in and not signed by the applicant seeking admission.
- Not accompanied by attested copies of the requisite certificates in support of claims made in the application.
- Not received in the Institute office on or before the last date specified. Delays/lapses due to postal or courier services will not be accepted.
Mode of Payment
- Applicants willing to join the BHM Program shall be required to appear for an entrance exam called AIHMCT WAT 2019. However, first of all, they will have to apply for the same. The applications of AIHM & CT WAT 2019 will be made available in online mode at aihmctbanglore.com
- There can be both online and offline modes of downloading the forms but the only offline mode of submitting the form. The forms should be sent to the officials.
AIHMCT 2019 Admit Card
- The Admit Card for the Written Admission Test will be posted to the applicants by Registered Post to the address given by him/her on the application form. If an applicant fails to receive the Admit Card by 10th May 2019, he/she should enquire over the telephone (080) 64546807/64543207 or email [email protected]
- Applicants are requested to write their postal address clearly and affix stamps of the requisite value (Rs.50/-) for speed post ensuring its quick delivery. You may also provide mail id and mobile number for quick communication.
AIHM & CT WAT 2019 Result
- The AIHMCT will announce the result of the WAT directly on its official website at aihmctbanglore.com Bases on the performance of the applicants, shortlisting for admissions is done. Last year, around 217 applicants were shortlisted. These applicants were required to send acceptance of admission along with DD of Rs.15000/-.
- After their confirmation, the counselling process was held in chronological order.
AIHMCT WAT 2019 Merit list
- The Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (AIHM & CT) will display the merit list reflecting the status of the applicants who get provisionally selected. The merit list will be uploaded online on the official website at www.aihmctbanglore.com.
- Last year, the merit list was prepared based on the receipt of confirmation along with registration fees. The list contained the Serial number, Merit Number, Application Number, the name of the applicant. A total of 60 applicants were selected and the highest rank was awarded to Anushka Sinha.
- There were 10 applicants whose name were included in the waiting list. Applicants in waiting list get admission if vacancy arise.