PhD Admission 2019 at AIIMS New Delhi | AIIMS Entrance Exam
AIIMS New Delhi Phd Admission 2019: All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi has invited applications for admission to PhD Program for January 2019 sessions through Entrance Examination. Check out the complete details like exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, seats and more details for AIIMS Phd 2019 Entrance Exam.
PhD Program 2019 with Seats Available
Number of seats available in each department is given below:
Anatomy [02 Seats], Biochemistry [04 Seats], Centre for Community Medicine [01 Seat], CTC (Stem Cell) [01 Seat], Dental Surgery (CDER) [01 Seat], Emergency Medicine (JPNATC) [01 Seat], Gastroenterology & HNU [01 Seat], Geriatric Medicine [02 Seats], Lab. Medicine [01 Seat], Lab. Oncology, Dr. BRAIRCH [05 Seats], Medical Technology (JPNATC) [01 Seat], Medicine [01 Seat], Neurology [04 Seats], Neuro-Surgery [01 Seat], Neuro-Surgery (Trauma Centre) [01 Seat], NMR [02 Seats], Ocular Pharmacology, Dr. R.P.C. [01 Seat], Ophthalmology, Dr. R.P.C. [02 Seats], Pathology [04 Seats], Pediatric Surgery [02 Seats], Pediatrics (Genetics/Basic Sciences) [04 Seats], Pharmacology [02 Seats], Physiology [03 Seats], Pulmonary Medicine & Sleep Disorders [01 Seat], Rheumatology [01 Seat] and Transplant Immunology & Immunogenetics [01 Seat].
Total numbers of 52 Seats are Available for PhD for the new Academic year.
Also See: Phd Admission 2019
AIIMS PhD Admission Date 2019
- Date for Online Registration of Applications Opens: To be announced
- Date for Online Registration of Applications Closes: To be announced
- Date of AIIMS PhD Exam: January 05th, 2019
- Date of Declaration of result: January 10th, 2019
- Final Result: January 28th, 2019
AIIMS PhD Admission Form 2019
- Important Instruction Applicable to all Exams: Applicant should fill in the online Application Form taking utmost care and following the instruction and help manual as given in the APPENDIX-III of the Prospectus, Systematically.
- Online Registration & Submission of Application Form: Applicant seeking admission to the Entrance Exam is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.aiimsexams.org.
- The Cost of Application Form includes the fee for the entrance examination, which is non-refundable, and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Online Registration: After selecting the online registration, fill the details asked for, step by step and deposit the prescribed fee in the designated Bank through a Challan or debit/credit card.
- If the status of applicant’s Application or Admit Card is not available on the website, he/she should immediately write to the Assistant Controller of Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi-110608 along with full particulars of the Registration of application form through email.
AIIMS PhD 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The applicant seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a PhD must possess at least one of the following qualifications of a recognized University/Institute:
- A degree of Master of Sciences or Master’s degree in any subject allied to BioMedical Sciences or Master’s Degree in Nursing with at least 60% marks or Master of Surgery or Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree or Diplomat of the National Board of Exams.
- MBBS degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the professional examinations Note: The applicants who are likely to complete requisite qualification and degree by 31st July 2018 may also apply; however, the applicants who are completing their requisite qualification after 31st July 2018 are not eligible to take up this exam Applicant who has possessed the M.Sc/Masters degree less than two years duration is required to get Equivalence Certificate for the AIU/UGC.
Also See: Entrance Exams 2019
AIIMS PhD Selection Process
Selection for PhD registration will be made through 2-stage performance evaluation as under:
- Written test carrying 80 marks of 90 minutes duration in the subject the applicant has applied for. The question paper will consist of 50 theory-based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and 30 clinical/practical / lab based Short Answer Questions (SAQs)/MCQs. Each correct (MCQ) answer will be awarded 1-mark and each wrong (MCQ) answer will be awarded one-third (-1/3) negative mark.
- More than one answer will be treated as the wrong answer and awarded negative mark. Zero marks will be given for questions not answered.
- Out of the applicants who secured 50% marks or above in the written test (Stage-I), applicants 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for departmental clinical/practical/lab based assessment (carrying 20 marks) on the fourth day.
Centre for Exam: Examination will be conducted in Delhi/NCR only in through Online and Offline modes.
AIIMS PhD Application Fee 2019
- General/OBC Category: Rs.1000/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable.
- SC/ST Category: Rs.800/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable.
- OPH Applicants is exempted from any Fee.
Mode of Payment: Through Debit/Credit Card or through Computer Generated Challan form in any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).