AILET 2019: The National Law University (NLU) Delhi has invited notifications for the entrance exam for All India Law Entrance Test (AILET 2019) for admission to Five Year B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M and Ph.D Programs. The NLU (National Law University) will be conducting AILET 2019 on May 05th, 2019 from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM at various test centers across the country. Check out the complete details like exam date, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, admit card, syllabus, results, counselling and more about AILET 2019 All India Law Entrance Test.
All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2019 Notification
The AILET (All India Law Entrance Test) 2019 is held on May 06th, 2019. The detailed notification for the AILET is published in leading national newspapers and on the University website during January every year. The AILET 2019 has 150 questions for 150 marks that must be attempted within 1 hour 30 minutes. The AILET has sections on English, General Knowledge, Basic Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, and Legal Aptitude. Negative marking – There will be Negative Marking in AILET 2018. The criteria for negative marking will be based on the formula 0.25*4=1 that means per the wrong answer 0.25 Marks will be deducted. Therefore, four wrong answers will lead to a deduction of 1 Mark.
AILET 2019 Exam Dates
|The release of AILET 2019 Notification||January 3rd, 2019|
|Commencement of AILET Registration||January 3rd – April 7th, 2019|
|Availability of AILET 2019 Admit Card||April 14th, 2019|
|AILET 2019 Exam Date||May 06th, 2019 (3 pm – 4:30 pm)|
|AILET Result (BA.LL.B)||May 24th, 2019|
|AILET Results (LL.M)||July 02nd 2019|
|AILET Result (Ph.D.)||July 16th, 2019|
|AILET Counselling 2019||May 24th, 2019|
Check out Law Entrance Exam 2019
AILET Application Form 2019
- AILET 2019 Application Form will be available from January 3 onwards.
- Visit the official website of NLU Delhi i.e. nludelhi.ac.in to access the form.
- The last date to submit AILET Application Form is April 7th and there is no provision for filling the form by paying a late fee.
The stepwise process to register for the law entrance exam is as follows:
Step 1 – Registration
- Visit AILET Official website i.e. nludelhi.ac.in
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ link.
- Fill the required details – Name, contact number, email ID, parents’ name, address and date of birth.
- After filling the form, click on the Registration button.
- You will be redirected to Application Locker page, confirm the provided details.
Step 2 – Fill AILET Application Form
- Choose the college from the list of NLUs and click on ‘Click here to Apply’ button.
- On the next page, select the course from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on ‘Apply Now’ button.
- After being redirected to the online application form of AILET 2019, you need to fill the form.
Step 3 – Uploading Images
- Upload the scanned photograph.
- Click on “save” and proceed to the next step i.e. AILET Fee Payment.
Step 4 – Application Fee Payment
- The application fee can be paid via Credit Card/ Debit Card and Net Banking mode.
- Making payment through the card, provide card no., and the expiry date.
- Applicants paying via Netbanking will be forwarded to the respective bank’s site where your account details are verified and payment is approved.
Also See: Phd Admission 2019
AILET Application Fee 2019
The category wise details of AILET 2019 Application Fee are given below.
Application Fee (INR)
|SC/ ST/ PwD||1000|
|SC/ ST (Below poverty line)||Exempted|
AILET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit: Below 21 years as on 1st July, 2019 (23 years in case of SC/ST applicants)
For B.A-LL.B. (Hons.) – Five Year Program
- Eligibility: Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2 System) or Equivalent Examination with 50 percent marks. The applicants appearing in the 12th standard examination in March/April, 2019 can also apply.
For LL.M (One year) Program
- Eligibility: LL.B. or an Equivalent Degree with 55 percent marks (50 percent in case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability). The applicants appearing in final LL.B. examination in April/May, 2019 can also apply.
For PhD Program
- Eligibility: LL.M. Degree with 55 percent marks or its equivalent (50 percent in case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability).
AILET Admit Card 2019
The examination authority will issue AILET 2019 Admit Card from April 14th, 2019 (Tentative).
The document will be available online at nludelhi.ac.in.
Stepwise procedures to download AILET admit card 2019 comprises of following steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of AILET 2019 – NLU Delhi.
- Step 2: Enter your name and date of birth orthe issued application number.
- Step 3: Take a print out of your AILET 2019 Admit Card.
- Step 4: Save e-admit card for future reference.
Also See: Entrance Exams 2019
ALIET 2019 Exam Centres
- NLU Admission to B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D. Programs will be through AILET to be conducted at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur and Varanasi.
ALIET Exam Pattern 2019
For BA-LLB: The exam consists of 150 questions. Each question carries one mark. Each incorrect entry and multiple answer entry is considered for negative marking. A negative marking of 0.25 is applicable. AILET 2019 question paper will contain the following sections- English, General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics. Sectional distribution of questions is as follows:
For LLM Programs
- LLM paper consists two sections – 100 Objective questions and one Essay question.
- The total marks for the exam is 150 – 100 marks for the objective section and 50 marks for the essay.
For PhD Programs
- AILET exam for PhD programs consist of two papers- Paper 1 (Research Methodology) and Paper 2 (Research Proposal Specific Paper).
- Paper 1 contains 100 multiple choice questions.
- In paper 2, applicants have to submit a research proposal in 15 pages on the topic of their PhD degree.
AILET 2019 Syllabus
Applicants appearing for AILET 2019 must be thorough with the complete AILET Syllabus 2019. The important topics for each section are given below:
|English||Comprehension passages, Synonyms, Antonyms, Choosing correct words, Idioms and phrases, Jumble words and sentences, Fill-in the blanks|
|General Knowledge||History, Geography, General Science, Economics, Civics and Current Affairs|
|Basic Mathematics||Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Average, Permutation and Combination and Venn Diagrams|
|Legal Aptitude||Study of law, Research aptitude and Problem-solving ability|
|Reasoning||Logical and Analytical reasoning skills|
AILET Result 2019
- AILET 2019 Result is announced on the official website of NLU Delhi i.e. nludelhi.ac.in.
- The results will be available only in the online mode in PDF format.
- NLU releases result according to different categories.
- You need to search for your name in the list in the PDF.
- Along with the result, it also releases AILET Merit Lists.
How to Check AILET Result?
Applicants can check their results for AILET 2019 by following the steps given below:
- Log on to the official website of NLU Delhi i.e nludelhi.ac.in.
- Click on AILET 2019 Portal.
- Next, click on AILET 2019 Result.
- Fill in the details in all the required fields.
- Check and Download the results
AILET 2019 Admission Procedure
- AILET 2019 counselling will be conducted in offline mode by National Law University (NLU), Delhi.
- It will be held after merit list is published by the university on its website.
- The examination authority will issue the admission letters to the qualified applicants. Such applicants should remit the admission-cum-counseling fee for AILET 2019.
- In case an applicant fails to do so within the stipulated time, his candidature for admission in the law program will stand canceled.
- The admission-cum-counseling fee of AILET has to be remitted to the NLU admission office latest by the third week of June 2019.
- Once the admissions are made in the first slot, a list of shortlisted applicants is issued by NLU Delhi for AILET 2019 Spot Counseling Round.
- AILET Spot Counseling Round will be conducted in the fourth week of June 2019. It is the last round of AILET 2019 admissions. It will be valid for the applicants in the waiting list category.
- No further admissions will be made after AILET Spot Counseling Round.