Anna University PhD Admission 2020 Notification
Anna University PhD Admission 2020: Anna University has invited online applications for admission to PhD Program for January 2020 session. Anna University’s Centre for Research accepts applications for PhD Admission to Anna University applications are accepted twice a year for January and July session respectively for the following research programs. Check out the complete information like programs, important dates, eligibility, application form, selection procedure, fees for Anna University PhD Admission Programs 2020.
Check out more Phd Admission 2020
Anna University PhD Program Offered Subjects
- PhD Degree in Engineering and Technology
- PhD Degree in Science and Humanities
- PhD Degree in Management Sciences
- PhD Degree in Architecture and Planning
Anna University PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Date of Start Online Applications and Fee: 19th August 2019 at 11.00am
- Date of Closure of Online Applications and Fee: 07th September 2019 at 05.30pm
- Program Commencing in January 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Anna University PhD Admission 2020
Students must be passed Master’s Degree of this University or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the fields of study notified from time to time by this University. Specific educational qualifications are given below:
Qualification for Admission
- PhD Degree in Engineering/ Technology: M.E./M.Tech./M.S. (By Research) in the relevant branch of Engineering or Technology.
- PhD Degree in Science and Humanities: M.Sc./M.A. (English / Communication / Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Media Arts)/M.S. (By Research) in the relevant branch of Science and Humanities / M.C.A.
- PhD Degree in Management Sciences: MBA/Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management or Administration awarded by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs)/M.S. (By Research) in Management Sciences
- PhD Degree in Architecture and Planning: M.Arch./M.Plan. / M.S.(By Research) in Architecture and Planning.
Check out Scholarship Programs
Anna University PhD Application Form 2020
Application for PhD Program is to be downloaded from the website www.annauniv.edu.
The filled-in application shall be sent to “The Director, Centre for Research, Anna University”, Chennai-25 with necessary certificates and a DD for Rs.800/- for General and Rs.400/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Applicants drawn in favour of “The Director (Research), Anna University” payable at Chennai
Filled in application with all enclosures securely stitched to it shall be sent to “The Director, Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai-600025” so as to reach on or before 19th August to 07th September 2019 by 05.30 pm. Online fee Receipt shall be enclosed along with the completed application.
Anna University PhD Selection Procedure 2020
The applications with the consent of recognized supervisor from the recognized department of Anna University, Chennai are only considered for admission to the Ph.D. program. Other applications shall be summarily rejected without any notice. The preliminary scrutiny will be done by the Centre for Research and shortlist the eligible applicants as per norms.
The shortlisted applicants shall be called for written test (to be conducted in the Anna University-Main Campus, Chennai only). Syllabus (Click Here) for the written test for various specializations is given in website and applicants are advised to select any one of the syllabus for the written test.
The change of syllabus will not be entertained in the future. The selection shall be based on the performance of the applicant in written test, Interview, and the marks scored in the PG qualifying degree.
The consolidated list of applicants who had qualified in the written test will be notified on the website and will be called for interview at the Anna University-Main Campus, Chennai only.
Details of Anna University PhD Fees to be paid
- One-time Non-Refundable Registration Fee
- The mode of Registration fee payment is through online only.
- General Category Applicants- Rs.1000/-
- Tamil Nadu SC/ST/SCA Applicants- Rs.600/-
- Other State SC/ST Applicants- Rs.1000/-
The Registration fee payment is only through online mode.
Tuition fee is exempted for differently-abled persons and Full-time Tamil Nadu state SC/ST applicants. Smart/ Identity card fee as notified by the University is to be paid at the time of admission.
Note: 50% of fee concession is applicable to the regular Faculty members of University Departments/ Regional Centers / University Engineering Colleges / Govt. Colleges &Govt. Polytechnic Colleges till the maximum duration of the program.
Check out Engineering Courses