AP RCET 2019 Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test 2019
AP RCET 2019 for PhD and M.Phil Admission: Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test (APRCET) 2019 for admission into Ph.D./M.Phil. (both full time and part time) offered by the Universities, Research Centres and Aliated Colleges in the State of Andhra Pradesh for the Academic year 2019-20 will be conducted from November 08th, 2019 to November 12th, 2019.
AP RCET 2019 (Andra Pradesh PhD M.Phil Entrance Exam)
- On behalf of the APSCHE, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam invites applications from eligible applicants for admission through Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test AP RCET 2019 into M. Phil. (Full-time /Part-time), PhD Program (Full-Time/Part-Time) in the subject areas indicated in Annexure-I, for the year 2019 offered in all universities and recognized research centres of all Universities.
- applicants having PG Degree in Science, Arts, Management, Commerce, Law, Pharmacy and Engineering Courses and seeking admission into M.Phil./ PhD Programs must appear for the ENTRANCE TEST (AP-RCET-2019) conducted by the Convener, AP-RCET-2019
Check out latest entrance exams
AP RCET 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Issue of Notification: 11th September 2019
- Date of Commencement of Online Registration: 16th September 2019
- Last Date of Online Submission of Application without late fee: 10th October 2019
- Last Date of Online Submission of Application with late fee Rs 2000/-: 16th October 2019
- Corrections for already submitted applications: 17th October to 19th October 2019
- Downloading of Hall tickets: 28th October 2019 onwards
- Date of Examination: 08th November 2019 to 12th November 2019
AP RCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants for admission to M.Phil./Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/PWD and other categories of applicants as per the decision of the University Grants Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Check out more Phd Admissions
- Applicant satisfying the eligibility conditions noted under III.1 above can be admitted as Part-time applicant through, entrance test, as per the following order of priority. Admission into Part-time category will be made on the basis of service seniority in the respective categories.
- Regular Faculty working in the University or the P.G. Centers
- Faculty working in Post graduate and Professional colleges having completed at least two years of service. This provision is not applicable to Faculty teaching Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities in professional colleges; or
- Faculty/Librarians/Asst. Librarians working in affiliated degree colleges; or
- Faculty working in Polytechnic/Government or private aided Junior Colleges having completed at least four years of service; technical employees working in research institutes having completed at least five years of service.
AP RCET 2019 Entrance Test
- Universities shall admit applicants by a two stage process, i.e., entrance test and interview.
Scheme of the AP RECT 2019 Entrance Test
- An Entrance test shall be conducted for 180 marks. The Entrance Test consists of two parts, i.e., Part-A and Part-B. Part-A shall be the Teaching and Research Aptitude for 90 marks, whereas Part-B shall be the subject specific for 90 marks.
Check out more M.Phil Admissions
AP RCET 2019 Syllabus
- Part-A shall be the Teaching and Research Aptitude on the lines of UGC NET Paper-I Syllabus. For Part-B, Syllabus is given in APRCET website.
Qualifying marks in the Entrance Test
- An Entrance Test shall be with qualifying marks as 50% for open category applicants and 45% for OBC/SC/ST/PH categories.
- Qualified applicants in the Entrance Test will be called for interview/viva-voce by the concerned University Department where the applicants are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Committee.
- Interview is for 20 marks.
- Admissions Committee will give ranks/final marks awarded out of 200 after clubbing the marks of entrance test (180 marks) and interview marks (20 marks).
Test Subject & Eligibility Criteria
(Arts, Commerce, Management & Law Subjects)
Eligibility PG Degree in:
- Adult Education: Adult and Continuing Education
- Anthropology: Anthropology
- Archaeology: Archaeology
- Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies: Buddhism /any other allied areas
- Commerce: Commerce
- Comparative Dravidian Literature: Kannada, Telugu, Tamil/any other allied area
- Economics: Economics /Applied Economics/Econometrics
- Education: Education/Special Education
- English: English
- Fine Arts(Visual Arts): Fine Arts/any other allied areas
- Folk Literature: Folk Literature
- Hindi: Hindi
- History: History
- International and Area Studies: Area Studies/any other allied areas
- Journalism and Mass Communication: Journalism and Mass Communication
- Kannada: Kannada
- Labour Welfare & Human Resource Management: HRM, IRPM, Labour Welfare
- Law: Law
- Library & Information Science: Library Sciences
- Linguistics: Linguistics
- Management: Management, Business administration/any other allied areas
- Music: Music
- Performing Arts – Dance & Drama Theatre: Dance, Drama, Theatre of Arts
- Philosophy: Philosophy
- Physical Education: Physical Education/Sports Science
- Political Science: Political Science
- Population Studies: Population Studies, Geography (with specialisation population Studies) or Mathematics/Statistics (with demography specialisation)
- Psychology: Psychology
- Public Administration: Public Administration
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Studies: Sociology and Social work, Legal Studies, History, Economics, Political Sciences, English, Rural Development, Education, Human Resource Management, Journalism and Mass communication
- Rural Development: Rural Development
- Sanskrit: Sanskrit
- Social Work: Social Work
- Sociology: Sociology
- Tamil: Tamil
- Telugu: Telugu
- Tourism Administration & Management: Tourism Administration & Management/any other allied areas
- Woman Studies: Humanities (Including literature) & Social Science
- Yoga: Yoga
- Applied Life Sciences: Bio technology, Micro biology, Bio chemistry, Human genetics, Virology any other allied areas
- Botany and Plant Sciences: Botany, plant sciences/Horticulture and landscape management/Agriculture bio technology and any other allied areas
- Chemical Sciences: Chemistry with any specialisation or its allied areas
- Computer Science And Applications: Computer Application/Computer Science
- Electronics and Instrumentation: Electronics/Instrumentation
- Environmental Sciences: Environmental Sciences/any other allied areas
- Geography: Geography
- Geology: Geology/Applied geology/Marine geology/Earth Sciences/any other allied areas
- Home Science: Home Science, Food Nutrition
- Material Science & Nanotechnology: Material Science & Nanotechnology any other allied areas
- Mathematics: Mathematics/Applied mathematics/Engineering mathematics
- Meteorology/Space Technology /Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology/Space Technology / Atmospheric Sciences any other allied areas
- Ocean Sciences: Physical oceanography/Ocean science any other allied areas
- Physical Sciences: Physics/Nuclear Physics any other allied areas
- Sericulture: Sericulture
- Statistics: Statistics/SQC and OR Applied Statistics/Statistics with computer science any other allied areas
- Zoology and Animal Sciences: Zoology/Marine living resource/Fisheries/Aqua culture and any other allied areas
Engineering & Pharmaceutical Sciences Subjects
- Architecture And Planning: Architecture and Planning with any specialization/any other allied areas
- Civil Engineering: Civil Engineering with any specialization/Any other allied areas
- Chemical Engineering: Chemical Engineering with any specialization/Any other allied areas
- Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology: Computer Science And Engineering with any specialization/ Information Technology/Any other allied areas
- Electrical Engineering: Electrical Engineering with any specialization
- Electronics & Communication Engineering: Electronics & Communication Engineering with any specialization/Any other allied areas
- Food Technology: Food Technology with any specialization/Any other allied areas
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical Engineering with any specialization/Aircraft Engineering/Automobile Engineering/Production Engineering/Industrial/ Any other allied areas
- Metallurgical Engineering: Metallurgical Engineering with any specialization/Any other allied areas
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering: Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering/with any specialization/Any other allied areas
- Pharmaceutical Sciences: Pharmaceutical Sciences with any specialization/Any other allied areas
AP RCET 2019 Application Process
- Applications should be submitted through online only
- For online submission, visit the website www.sche.gov.in/rcet
- applicant has to pay Rs. 1300/- for OC and BC and Rs.900/- for SC/ST and PWD Bank charges are extra.
- After filling the online Application form with the required details, verify all the details carefully and press ‘Submit’ button.
- Filled in Application Form will be generated that contains Application number along with filled details. Take print out of filled in ‘Online Application Form’.
- Use the application number for future correspondence till the admission process is completed.