Assam TET 2019 – Assam Teacher Eligibility Test
Assam TET 2019: DTE Assam has been released the Assam TET 2019 Notification. Assam Teachers Eligibility Test is also known as Assam TET (ATET). ATET 2019 online registration has been started from 02nd September 2019 and the last date to apply is 17th September 2019. Applicants who wish to become teachers of LP (lower primary) or UP (upper primary) can appear and qualify Assam TET 2020 exam.
Assam TET Exam 2019
- It is for general information that the Govt. of Assam, in provision of Section 23 of the RTE Act – 2009 and in view of order of Hon’ble Gauhati High Court has decided to conduct the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET)-2019 for Lower Primary and Upper Primary level for the state of Assam as per the guidelines laid down by NCTE and thereby online applications are invited from the applicants having permanent residence in the state of Assam who intend to appear in Paper I (Lower Primary) and Paper II ( Upper Primary) of TET.
- Interested and eligible applicants have to apply online in order to appear in exam. Get complete details of Assam TET 2019 including exam date, notification, application form, admit card, exam pattern, result here.
Check out more entrance exams
Assam TET 2019 Important Dates
- Applicants can apply online from 02nd September 2019
- Last date to apply online for Assam TET 2019: 17th September 2019
- Admit Card released on 30th September 2019
- Assam TET 2019 Exam Date (as per reports): 20th October 2019
Key highlights of Assam TET 2019
- Level: Lower Primary (LP) and Upper Primary (UP)
- Centres: In Assam, including 6th Schedule districts
- Medium: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, English
- Language: Regarding selection of language I for proposed TET, language strategy of the state is to be taken into consideration
Assam TET 2019 Zones
The notified Zones are:
- Zone No. 1: Dhubri, South Salmara- Mankachar, Goalpara, Barpeta, Bongaigaon
- Zone No.2 Baksa, Chirang, Kokrajhar, Udalguri
- Zone No. 3: Nalbari, Kamrup, Kamrup Metro, Darrang, Morigaon, Nagaon, Hojai
- Zone No. 4: Golaghat, Jorhat, Majuli, Sivsagar, Dibrugarh, Tinsukia, Charaideo
- Zone No. 5: Sonitpur, Biswanath, Dhemaji, Lakhimpur
- Zone No. 6: Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, West Karbi Anglong
- Zone No. 7: Cachar, Hailakandi, Karimganj
Check out HTET 2019 Notification
Assam TET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of a applicant to appear in TET are as follows:
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam
- Applicant must have minimum academic and professional qualification as follows:
Minimum Qualification for appearing in Lower Primary TET (Classes I to V)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) OR;
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) OR;
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education) OR; Graduation and two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) OR; Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) obtained from any recognized institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in class I to V, provided the person so appointed as teacher will have to mandatorily undergo a six month Bridge Course in Elementary Education recognized by NCTE within two years of such appointment as primary teacher.
- A person who is pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Guideline dated 11th February 2011, may also apply for TET
Remark: Applicant those who were admitted in D.El.Ed program before 31st August 2009 please refer to Clause B under subheading Relaxation.
Minimum Qualification for appearing in Upper Primary TET (Classes VI to VIII)
- Graduation and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) OR; Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1-year Bachelor in Education (B. Ed) OR; Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B. El. Ed). OR; Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year B.A./B. Sc. Ed. Or B.A. Ed/B. Sc. Ed. OR; Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1-year B. Ed.(Special Education)
- A person who is pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Guideline dated 11th February, 2011, may also
- apply for TET
- Remark: Applicant those who were admitted in 1-Year B.Ed. program before 31st August 2009 please refer to Clause C under subheading Relaxation.
Relaxation for Assam TET 2019
Following relaxation will be applicable
- Relaxation up to 5% in the academic marks in HSSLC or Graduation shall be applicable for applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PWD (PH) to appear in TET (The degree of handicap in case of PH applicants should be minimum 40% and to be certified by the competent authority) both for Paper-I (LP Level) and Paper-II (UP Level)
- For Paper-I (LP Level) relaxation up to 5 % in HSSLC marks shall be applicable for applicants who were admitted in 2-Year D.El.Ed. before 31/08/2009 as per NCTE Notification No. F.51- 1/2009-NCTE (N&S) dated 31st August 2009 and qualified 2-Year D.El.Ed. subsequently
Assam TET 2019 Exam Centers
- Applicant have to select ATET 2019 exam centre at the time of submission of online application for appearing in Assam TET 2019. Applicant has to select one Centre only. The exam centres are as follows:
- List of Centre – Bongaigaon; Cachar; Charaideo; Chirang; Darrang; Dhemaji; Dhubri; Dibrugarh; Dima Hasao; Goalpara; Golaghat; Hailakandi; Hojai; Jorhat; Kamrup(M); Kamrup; Karbi-Anglong; Karimganj; Kokrajhar; Lakhimpur; Majuli; Morigaon; Nagaon; Nalbari; Sivasagar; Sonitpur; South Salmara Mankachar; Tinsukia; Udalguri; West Karbi Anglong
Assam TET 2019 Exam Pattern
DTE Assam has been announced the Assam TET 2019 exam pattern. Assam TET 2019 consist of two papers. The Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Lower Primary level (classes I to V) and Paper-II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Upper Primary level (classes VI to VIII).
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s)
- Language: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, English
- of Questions: 150
- Duration of Exam: 2½ hours (150 Minutes). Additional 20 minutes’ time (per hour) will be there for visually impaired applicants.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark. There is no negative marking for incorrect answer.
Paper I (for classes I to V):
- Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory) – 30 Questions & 30 Marks
- Language I – Assamese, Bengali, Hindi, Bodo, Manipuri, Garo, Nepali, Karbi, Hmar (compulsory-any one) – 30 Questions & 30 Marks
- Language II – English (compulsory) – 30 Questions & 30 Marks
- Mathematics – 30 Questions & 30 Marks
- Environmental Studies – 30 Questions & 30 Marks
- All (150) questions will be of MCQ type; each question will carry 1 mark. The Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Upper Primary level (classes VI to VIII).
Paper-II: Mathematics & Science or Social Science (Studies) (for class VI to VIII):
- Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory) – 30 Questions 30 Marks
- Language I – Assamese, Bengali, Hindi, Bodo, Manipuri, Garo, Nepali, Karbi, Hmar (compulsory-any one) – 30 Questions 30 Marks
- Language II –English (compulsory) – 30 Questions 30 Marks
- For Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics and Science Or – 60 Questions 60 Marks
- For Social Studies teacher: Social Studies Or – 60 Questions 60 Marks
- Minimum Marks for qualifying in TET: A applicant is required to score 60 % i.e. 90 marks out of 150 to qualify the Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET). However, for SC/ST (Hills)/ST (Plain)/OBC/MOBC/PWD (PH), there will be relaxation of 5 %. Thus, for these applicants, qualifying marks will be 83 out of 150 i.e. 55 %
Assam TET Syllabus 2019
- The ATET syllabus for Paper- I & Paper II will be available in the website http://www.ssa.assam.gov.in
- Examination Fee will be
- Paper I General Category Rs 325/- and SC/ST(P)/ST(H)/OBC/MOBC/PWD(PH) Rs 300/-
- Paper II General Category Rs 325/- and SC/ST(P)/ST(H)/OBC/MOBC/PWD(PH) Rs 300/-
Assam TET Application Form 2019
Steps of submission of online application form and examination fee are:
- Log-in through the web site https://ssa.assam.gov.in or https://sebaonline.org
- Download Instruction Manual
- Read carefully the Instruction Manual on how to submit the online application form
- Submit Online Application and upload Passport size Photo and Signature of recommended size (as mentioned in Instruction Manual)
- The applicant has to pay the fee through online banking/credit card/ debit card etc. he/she can take print out of the Online Application form.
- For more details on TET applicants may please contact all Inspector of Schools offices in Districts and their RMSA cells; State Mission Director RMSA Office, Kahilipara, Guwahati; Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati during office hours on all working days
- Detailed instruction on filling up of online application form will be uploaded in the website https://sebaonline.org