BITSAT 2020 Notification and Dates
BITSAT 2020: Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT) could be a university-level test organized by the BITS, Pilani. BITSAT 2020 a computer-based online test for admissions to Integrated First Degree programs of BITS, Pilani at Pilani campus, K. K. Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus. Through BITSAT 2020 exam, applicants can get admission in B.E, B.Pharma and M.Sc courses in varied specializations.
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is an all India Institution declared as Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. BITS Pilani is India’s highest ranked non-Govt. Institute as per QS BRICS, QS Asia and QS India 2020, is one of the six Institutes of Eminence, as recently announced by MHRD, Govt. of India. Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree programs of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2020-21 will be made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by BITS, Pilani. This test will be referred to as ‘BITS Admission Test 2020’, in short as BITSAT 2020 hereafter in this post. Check out the whole details of BITSAT 2020 like exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, registration, exam pattern, admit card, syllabus, fees and a lot of regarding BITSAT Exam 2020.
Check out more Entrance Exams
BITSAT Program Details
Integrated First degree programs to which admissions will be made on the basis of BITSAT 2020:
at BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus:
- B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
- M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and
- M.Sc.: General Studies.
at BITS, Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus:
- B.E.: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
- M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
at BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
- B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
- M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
Check out Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates
|Availability of BITSAT Application Form 2020||December 2019 to March 2020|
|Deadline to apply online for BITSAT 2020||2nd week of March 2020 (5.00pm)|
|Revision/editing (online) in the application form by applicants||3rd to 4th week of March 2020|
|Test center allotment and announcement to applicants||4th week of March 2020|
|Applicants to reserve Test date and slot||4th week of March – 1st week of April 2020|
|Applicants to download the Hall tickets with instructions||2nd week of April – 2nd week of May 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 Exam Date||3rd week of May – 4th week of May 2020|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||3rd week of May – 3rd week of June 2020|
|Admit list and wait list announcement||3rd week of June 2020|
Eligibility for BITSAT Exam 2020
Check out complete BITSAT eligibility criteria
(i) For admission to all the above programs except B.Pharm.: Applicants should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
(ii) For admission to B.Pharm.: Applicants should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, applicants with PCM may also apply for the Pharmacy program.
Admissions to all the programs are subject to the conditions given below:
The applicant should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
Check out more MSc Admission
BITSAT 2020 Details
‘Computer Based Online test’ means the applicant sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the applicant answers the questions on the computer through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the applicant on the computer. This is unlike the traditional paper-pencil based test, which is generally offered on a single day to all applicants. BITSAT 2020 will be offered over a period of time and the applicant can choose the Center, the Day and Time of his/her convenience to take the test, as described in the later sections.
Why appear for BITSAT?
In case of scoring less in JEE Main, BISAT works as a savior. It is an entry-ticket to the best institutes in India.
- State Board toppers are offered direct admission.
- BITS allow applicants to choose their preferred ‘course combinations’.
- The salary and placements offered at the best in the market.
- The infrastructure and ambiance of all BITS campuses is par excellence.
BITSAT 2020 Application Procedure
- Interested applicants should register their names for BITSAT 2020 by applying in the prescribed application form online. The password that an applicant enters (8 alphanumeric characters) during the BITSAT registration process will be required for further accesses including writing the BITSAT. Hence, an applicant should keep it confidential. An applicant has to complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees. Also, take the printout of the filled-in form for your future reference. The prescribed fee for BITSAT 2020 is Rs. 3150/- (three thousand one hundred fifty) for male applicants and Rs. 2650/- (two thousand six hundred fifty) for female applicants. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- If an applicant chooses Dubai as a test center the application fee for both male and female applicants will be same and will be US $80 (Rs.5600). Details for payment of fees are available at the admission website while applying online.
- Those who register for the test and reserve test dates have to download the ‘Hall ticket’, along with instructions, from BITS admission website as per the schedule is given earlier. The tests will be conducted at the end of May 2020.
Procedure for Applying for admission to BITS
- In addition to applying and appearing for BITSAT 2020, applicants have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programs offered at three Indian campuses of BITS. The prescribed application form for admission, the detailed application procedure, details of academic flexibilities such as Dual Degree, transfer, etc; admission modality and the final list of Degree programs offered will be made available at the BITS admission website, by 2nd week of May 2020. The completed application form with the required application fee has to be submitted online at the BITS admission site on or before 5.00pm on 2nd week of June 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Test Pattern
All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with the choice of four answers, only one being the correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark). No marks are awarded for questions not attempted. While the applicant can skip a question, the computer will not allow the applicant to choose more than one option as the correct answer. There will be 150 questions in all. Check here complete BITSAT Exam Pattern 2020.
The BITSAT 2020 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. The detailed syllabus is given in the Annexure. Applicants may refer to the NCERT textbooks for the contents. A sample test demonstrating the features of BITSAT 2020 will be made available to the registered applicants at the BITS admission website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
BITSAT Score Report
At the completion of the test, the computer will announce the result to the applicant in terms of the number of total correct answers and wrong answers, with the score. The applicant can also check his or her score report at the BITS admission website on the next day of his or her test date. The applicant can also take a printout of his or her score report for any further usage. No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.
Merit List for Admission:
As explained earlier, an applicant who appears in BITSAT 2020 is eligible for admission only if he/she gets the required minimum marks in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of 12th examination as per the eligibility criteria described already. All applicants who appear in BITSAT 2020 and are interested in admission will be required to submit the admission application form with 12th marks and preferences to different degree programs offered at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses, starting from May 2019 till June 2020. Admission decisions (Iteration 1 results) will be announced in June 2020. Further details about different iterations will be announced on the admission website.
Check out: BITSAT 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
BITSAT 2020 Test Centers
Agra, Hyderabad Campus of BITS, Pune, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad City, Raipur, Allahabad, Indore, Rajahmundry, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bhopal, Jalandhar, Roorkee, Bhubaneswar, Jammu, Siliguri, Chandigarh, Jamshedpur, Surat, Chennai, Jodhpur, Tirupati, Coimbatore, Kanpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Delhi, Kolkata, Vadodara, Dubai Campus of BITS (International Center), Lucknow, Vijayawada, Ghaziabad, Mumbai, Visakhapatnam, Goa Campus of BITS, Nagpur, Agartala, Gorakhpur, Nasik, Mangalore, Gurgaon, Noida, Udaipur, Guwahati, Patna, Bareilly, Gwalior, Pilani campus of BITS.
The applicant can choose the centers from within India or Dubai. If an applicant chooses centers within India, he/she will be asked to give three preferences and will be allotted one out of these three. If an applicant chooses Dubai as a center, he/she will not be asked for any other center preference and will be allotted Dubai center only.
BITSAT 2020 Results
The result for BITSAT is released in two parts.
One, applicants can check their BITSAT Score just when they complete their exam. The computer screen displays the result in terms of the number of total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores.
Second, an admit list and wait list of iteration will be released on June 20.
Adding to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online, expected to come out in the third week of May.
To check the results online, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of BITS.
- Step 2: Click on the tab for “Online Result for BITS 2020”.
- Step 3: Enter their name, application number, date of birth and roll no. and submit
- Step 4: The online Scorecard for BITS 2020 will appear on the screen.
- Step 5: Download it for further use