BITSAT 2019 Notification and Dates
BITSAT 2019: Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT 2019) could be a university-level test organized by the BITS, Pilani. It’s a computer-based test conducted for providing admission in numerous degree courses offered by Pilani campus, K.K. Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus of BITS. It’s necessary to qualify the BITSAT 2019 examination to induce admission in numerous courses for the educational year 2019-20. Through BITSAT 2019 examination, students can get admission in B.E, B.Pharma and M.Sc courses in varied specializations. Check out the whole details of BITSAT 2019 like exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, registration, exam pattern, admit card, syllabus, fees and a lot of regarding BITSAT exam 2019.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Dates
BITS Pilani, the exam conducting authority, has released the information brochure along with the schedule of examination. BITSAT exam dates 2019 are elucidated in the table given below:
|Availability of BITSAT Application Form 2019||December 2018 to March 2019|
|Deadline to apply online for BITSAT 2019||20th March 2019 (5.00pm)|
|Revision/editing (online) in the application form by applicants||22nd – 25th March 2019|
|Test center allotment and announcement to applicants||27th March 2019|
|Applicants to reserve Test date and slot||28th March – 8th April 2019|
|Applicants to download the Hall tickets with instructions||12th April – 13th May 2019|
|BITSAT 2019 Exam Date||16th May – 26th May 2019|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||16th May – 18th June 2019|
|Admit list and Wait list announcement||20th June 2019|
Check out Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
Why appear for BITSAT?
- In case of scoring less in JEE Main, BISAT works as a savior. It is an entry-ticket to the best institutes in India.
- State Board toppers are offered direct admission.
- BITS allows applicants to choose their preferred ‘course combinations’.
- The salary and placements offered at the best in the market.
- The infrastructure and ambiance of all BITS campuses is par excellence.
BITSAT 2019 Application Form
Students will be able to fill the BITSAT application form through online mode.
- Only one application form will be accepted by each applicant.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of the photograph must be between 4 KB to 50 KB and signature size should be 1 KB to 30 KB.
- Applicants also have to submit three preferences for exam centers.
- The university will provide a one-time correction facility to the applicants.
- There is no need to send the printed application form to the university.
Check out MSc Admission 2019
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria
Here we are providing the eligibility criteria of various courses offered under the BITSAT exam:
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants should have passed 12th exams of 10+2 system in the year 2018 from any recognized board.
- Subjects: Applicants must have PCM subjects (PCB subjects for B.Pharma) with adequate proficiency in English. However, students with PCM subjects can also apply for pharmacy.
- Minimum Marks: In the qualifying exam applicants have obtained 75% in PCM/PCB and also have scored minimum 60% marks in each subject.
- Appearing Applicants: Students appearing in the 12th exams in the year 2019 are eligible to apply. If students have taken more than one attempt in the 12th class then the latest performance will be considered.
- Applicants who are presently studying in BITS and any of its campuses are not eligible to apply.
BITSAT 2019 Registration
The application process for BITSAT 2019 will start in January 2019. The process to apply is completely online. The steps to fill the BITSAT application form are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Application Form – Filling- Enter your personal and academic details to generate a unique application number.
- Step 2: Upload Scanned Images – Make sure the size of the image is between 4 kb to 50 Kb (for photograph) and 1 kb to 30 kb (for signature)
- Step 3: Payment of Application Fee – This varies for male & female applicants and NRI applicants. The online application fee can be paid by credit card/debit card or net banking while the offline payment can be made through a bank challan.
Check out: BITSAT 2019 Frequently Asked Questions
BITSAT Application Fee is depicted below:
|For Male applicants||INR 2950|
|For Female applicants||INR 2450|
|For NRI applicants||$70 (INR 4500)|
BITSAT 2019 Admit Card
- Applicants can download admit card latest by May 2019.
- BITSAT Hall Ticket can be downloaded from the official website.
- The hall ticket includes the following details: Name of the applicant, Photograph and Signature, application number, test center details, Test date, Test time, Date of the exam, test slot and exam instructions.
- Use BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Quick highlights of BITSAT Exam Pattern are discussed below:
- Mode of exam- BISAT is conducted in online mode.
- Duration- The time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- Sectional Time Limit- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- Total Questions- A applicant has to solve 150 questions.
- Nature of Questions- All questions are of objective type.
- Marking Scheme- Each correct answer is credited with 3 marks.
- Negative Marking- There is a penalty of 1 mark which will be levied on answering the question wrongly.
- Sections- A applicant has to answer questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
The distribution of questions among the sections is depicted below:
|Subject||Number of questions|
BITSAT 2019 Syllabus
There is no change in BITSAT Syllabus. Applicants must carefully go through their class 11 and 12 syllabi of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. 40 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry combined while 45 questions will be put up from Mathematics/Biology.
For the ease of applicants, we have curated BITSAT sample papers and mock tests. These will help understand the pattern and important topics to be expected in BITSAT 2019.
Practicing BITSAT Sample Papers carry a number of advantages. Some of the benefits are given below:
- To prepare and perform better in BITSAT 2019 test.
- These mock tests are set on the pattern followed by BITSAT 2019.
- Applicants can attempt them to analyze their preparation and performance.
- It is important to solve mock tests and sample papers beforehand to analyze the level of preparation and areas that need improvement.
BITSAT 2019 Results
The result for BITSAT is released in two parts.
One, applicants can check their BITSAT Score just when they complete their exam. The computer screen displays the result in terms of the number of total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores.
Second, an admit list and wait list of iteration will be released on June 20.
Adding to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online, expected to come out in the third week of May.
To check the results online, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of BITS.
- Step 2: Click on the tab for “Online Result for BITS 2019”.
- Step 3: Enter their name, application number, date of birth and roll no. and submit
- Step 4: The online Scorecard for BITS 2019 will appear on the screen.
- Step 5: Download it for further use