University of Calcutta B.Ed Admission 2019 Notification
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2019: The University of Calcutta has been invited applications from interested applicants for admission into 2 years B.Ed course for the year 2019.
Total no. of seats: 50 (deputed-25, Freshers-25)
Method subjects offered:
- Bengali, English, Sanskrit, Mathematics, History, Geography, Economics, Accountancy and Bookkeeping, Education, Political Science, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic.
Check out more B.Ed Admission
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Submission of online application commences on June 11th, 2019
- Last date of online application submission: June 18th, 2019
- Last date of e-receipt of payment on June 19th, 2019 (upto 11.30 pm)
- Provisional merit list will be published on June 24th, 2019 in website after 5.00pm
- Provisional merit list of short listed applicants will be published on June 28th, 2019 in website
- Submission of printed copy of application form with e-receipt of payment at Alipore Campus, University of Calcutta from July 01st, 2019 to July 03rd, 2019 (12 noon to 3.pm. shortlisted applicants only)
- Date of counseling and admission (spot) for Deputed July 08th, 2019 and Fresher applicants July 11th, 2019 (Applicants are requested to report along all original testimonials at Allipore campus, University of Calcutta on 11.30 a.m)
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2019
Admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course will follow the norms set by
NCTE, the State Government and the University of Calcutta. 1. Applicants with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s.
Degree in Sciences / Humanities/ Social Science, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to the program. The requirement of 50% (fifty) marks shall not applicable for persons appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of the NCTE, (Regulations, Norms & Procedure) Second Amendment Regulations, 2010 as laid down at para 8(i) of the aforesaid Gazette. The relaxation of marks for SC/ST/PWD is 5%.
Check out more Admission Notifications
Reservation of seats
- Calcutta University: 80%
- Other University: 20%
Reservation of seats for SC, ST and PWD will be as follows:
- SC: 22%
- ST: 6%
- PWD: 5%
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe from other states will not get the reservation facility for SC/ST. Deputed Applicants shall be selected only on the basis of period of approval service mentioned in Clause 8.
- For Fresher students (General Category): 40 years (as on 30th June)
- For Deputed students (General Category): No age bar
- Age- Limit is relaxable for maximum 5 years for students belonging to SC, ST and PWD Categories.
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2019 Selection Process
Teachers teaching in classes V to XII only can apply as Deputed Teacher. Selection of Deputed Teacher of Higher Secondary School/Secondary School/ Madrasah affiliated to W.B.B.S.E/ W.B.B.M.E will be made on the basis of the period of approved services in the School/ Madrasah. In case applicants having equal service in Secondary School/ Madrasah, preference will be given to the applicants having higher Academic Qualifications. In case of both the Period of Service and Academic Qualifications are equal, the selection will be made on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by the applicants in different examinations in their career and applicants having higher grade marks will be selected (Grade Marks calculation will be done as meant for fresher applicants.) Reservation of 50% seats for Deputed Teachers and 50% for the fresher’s for admission to B.Ed courses will be followed for University Department only. In the event of these seats remaining unfulfilled, they will can be filled up with fresher’s. 10. The method subject should be in the form of subject quota depending on the number of subjects being offered by the Department of Education, C.U.
- General applicants: Rs. 300/-
- SC/ST/PWD: Rs 150/-
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application to be submitted through online only. No Hard Copy of Application Form will be issued. For online application please logon to www.caluniv-ucsta.net. If you are a new user of this online system please register yourself on the website by creating an Account with Unique User ID (your Email id) and password. Please do remember your User ID and
- The password you have created. The applicant need not fill in the form with one attempt. The data already entered by the applicant will remain stored in the database. The applicant can once again access his/her form by using his/her User ID and Password in the form at the top right corner of the page http://www.caluniv-ucsta.net/bed/phpfiles/main.php.
Information required for filling in the Form
- Marks / Grade obtained in major Examinations from 10th Standard onwards.
- The income of family per month.
- Scanned Photo (3.5 cm x 3.5 cm) in jpg / jpeg format and size < 50 KB
- One printed copy of the same photo required to be pasted on the application form.
- An Email-Id cannot be used more than once. A different Email should be taken, if required.
Instructions for filling in the Form
- Open the Page http://www.caluniv-ucsta.net/bed/phpfiles/main.php
- Click the ‘Click here to register’ link at the bottom of the Login form. Fill in the Registration Form. With the Email id as User-id and chosen Password, you’ll be directed to the Admission Form.
Check out Entrance Exams