Visiting Senior Fellowship Program 2020
CASVA Visiting Senior Fellowship Program 2020: The Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts has invited programme for Paul Mellon and Ailsa Mellon Bruce Visiting Senior Fellowships for 2020 sessions.
Fellowships are for full-time research and scholars are expected to reside in Washington and to participate in the activities of the Center throughout the fellowship period.
Lectures, colloquia, and informal discussions complement the fellowship programme. Each visiting senior fellow is provided with a study. In addition, visiting senior fellows who relocate to Washington are provided with housing in apartments near the Gallery, subject to availability.
Visiting Senior Fellowship Program 2020 Important Dates
- Visiting Senior Fellowships and Associate Appointments (up to 60 days)
- Award period: 1st March–15th August 2020
- Deadline: 21st September 2019
- Award period: 1st September 2020 – 28th February 2021
- Deadline: 21st March 2020
Check out National Scholarship Test 2020
Fields of Study
Paul Mellon and Ailsa Mellon Bruce Visiting Senior Fellowships are intended to support research in the history, theory, and criticism of the visual arts (painting, sculpture, architecture, landscape architecture, urbanism, prints and drawings, film, photography, decorative arts, industrial design, and other arts) of any geographical area and of any period.
Visiting Senior Fellowship Qualifications 2020
Visiting senior fellowships are intended for those who have held the Ph.D. for five years or more at the time of application, or who possess an equivalent record of professional accomplishment. Individuals currently affiliated with the National Gallery of Art are not eligible for the visiting senior fellowship programme.
Visiting senior fellowships are awarded without regard to the age or nationality of applicants.
Check out National Scholarship Portal
Visiting Senior Fellowship Selection Process
Applications are reviewed by an external selection committee composed of scholars in the history of art and related disciplines. Outside readers may assist in the evaluation of proposals.
The Center awards up to twelve short-term (up to 60 days) Paul Mellon and Ailsa Mellon Bruce Visiting Senior Fellowships annually.
Stipends for two-month fellowships range from $7,000 to $8,000, depending on relocation requirements; in addition, fellows receive housing, as available.
Check out NTSE 2020 Notification
CASVA Visiting Senior Fellowship Application Form 2020
- Applicants for visiting senior fellowships must submit an online application that includes a proposal and a copy of one article or chapter of a book, to be submitted on or before the appropriate deadline
- 2 letters of recommendation in support of the application are required. Procedures for associate appointments are the same as those for the visiting senior fellowship programme.
- Visiting senior fellows may receive awards in three consecutive years but thereafter must wait three years before reapplying to the Center. Visiting senior fellowships may not be postponed or renewed.
Check out Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2019