CAT 2018 Notification has been released on July 29th, 2018. It is also known as Common Admission Test (CAT). It is a national level examination administrated by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on the rotation basis. CAT 2018 is organizing by the IIM, Calcutta. CAT exam is a management aptitude test organized for providing admission to students in postgraduate management programs (MBA). For admission into IIMs, it is mandatory to qualify for the CAT exam. Various reputed colleges other than IIMs also consider the CAT score for offering admission. Here we are providing all details about CAT 2018 exam, including notification, exam dates, registration, application form, eligibility, admit card, syllabus, results, dates, etc for CAT 2018.
Check out CAT 2019 Notification – Released Now
CAT Exam Dates
The official CAT 2018 exam date are mentioned below:
|The advertisement released||29th July 2018|
|Online registration starts||8th August 2018|
|Last date for registration||19th September 2018|
|Application correction||4th to last week of September 2018|
|CAT Admit card release||24th October 2018 onwards|
|Mock Test Release||October 2018|
|CAT exam date||25th November 2018|
|Answer key & question paper release||1st week of December 2018|
|Last date to submit objection||2nd week of December 2018|
|CAT Result announcement||2nd week of January 2019|
Important points about CAT 2018
- Dr Sumanta Basu, Faculty at IIM Calcutta is the Convener of CAT 2018 Exam.
- CAT 2018 exam will be held on November 25, 2018, in the Morning and Afternoon sessions. IIMs have announced this date on their official website.
- CAT 2018 exam is a computer-based exam of 180 minutes (3 hours) duration with 100 questions divided in 3 sections of VARC, DILR and Quantitative Ability.
- The applicant with dual bachelor’s degree should mention the academic scores of both the bachelor’s degree program in CAT 2018 application form
- Around 70% questions of MCQ type in CAT 2018 will carry the penalty of 1/3 negative marking
- Answers of about 30% questions of Non-MCQ type in CAT 2018 will be free from any negative marking penalty.
- TCS – Tata Consultancy Services is the test-taking agency for CAT exam 2018
- High score in each of the 3 sections in CAT exam 2018 may lead to admission shortlist for the 2019-21 batch in 20 IIMs.
- CAT 2018 MBA entrance exam is the low-cost MBA entrance test as it provides admission opportunity in 20 IIMs with the CAT 2018 registration fee of Rs.1900/- for General Applicants and Rs.950/- for reserved category.
- CAT 2018 Registration and CAT exam application fee is taken together comes to less than Rs.100 per IIM for General category and less than Rs.50/- per IIM for Reserved category.
- CAT 2018 exam will offer a choice of more than 50 management programs in 20 IIMs without any additional application fee for admission to academic session 2019-21.
- Apart from IIMs, top MBA Colleges accepting CAT Score 2018 include FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IMI New Delhi, JBIMS Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, TAPMI Manipal, BIMTECH Greater Noida, GIM Goa, Great Lakes Chennai, LIBA Chennai, IFMR Chennai, XIM Bhubaneswar and hundreds of other MBA colleges accepting CAT.
Check out: Best Tips for CAT Exam Preparation
CAT Registration 2018
- Applicants will register for this exam via online mode through the website.
- CAT Application Form 2018 will be released from the 8th August 2018.
- The last date for registration will be till 19th September 2018.
- Go through the official website of CAT (link will be given above).
- Enter your registration details and register yourself.
- A User ID and Password will be generated after registration.
- Fill all the required details like personal, academic, programs & other relevant details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature & other required documents.
- The CAT Application correction facility will be provided in the 4th week of September 2018.
- Applicants are required to pay the application fee through online mode only.
- Don’t forget to take the printout of the application form for further use.
The application fee will be Rs. 1900/- for General / NC-OBC Applicants.
SC/ST /PWD Applicants will be required to pay Rs.950/- as an application fee.
The application fee payment will be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
The additional charges have been mentioned below:
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for an amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for an amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
The detailed CAT eligibility criteria to apply is given here:
Qualification: Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
Percentage Criteria: In the qualifying exam, students must have secured minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD Applicants.
Appearing Applicants: Applicants appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply.
Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
CAT Exam Pattern
Applicants can check the CAT exam pattern from below:
- Exam Mode: This exam will be organized on digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Duration: The total exam duration will be 180 minutes. Sixty minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section.
- Type of Question: The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type.
- Number of Question: The question paper will comprise of total 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For multiple choice questions, one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted.
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
There will be not any such fixed syllabus for CAT examination.
- Applicants may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- The CAT syllabus will comprise of four sections, i.e. Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning.
- Questions will be asked from the above-mentioned topics.
- To score better in the examination, students are advised to consider the whole syllabus for exam preparations.
How to Prepare for CAT
Correct strategy & time schedule is the key to crack any exam.
Prepare a proper timetable according to your daily schedule and manage your time equally for all the subjects.
Gather all the details about the syllabus and cover every single topic in your preparation.
Find out the best CAT books and study materials for CAT preparations.
Practice from previous year question papers it will help you to know more about the exam pattern.
Take healthy & nutritious diet and do exercise & yoga it will help you to remain physically fit.
CAT exam will be conducted to offer admission into various management courses offered by the IIMs. It is managed by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotation basis. CAT (Common Admission Test) is a national level examination. Through this exam, Applicants will also get admission into other management colleges.
CAT 2018 Admit Card
- Only those Applicants will be able to get the admit card who will successfully submitted their online application form.
- CAT 2018 Admit Card will be provided to students through online mode on 24th October 2018.
- Applicants will download the CAT hall ticket by entering their User ID and Password.
- The admit card contains details like Name of the Applicant, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, PWD status, etc.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination center on the day of the examination.
CAT 2018 Answer Key
The answer key will contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the CAT examination. CAT answer key will be published in the second week of December 2018. Students will get the answer key via online mode through the website. Through answer key, Applicants can have an idea about their performance in the examination. Applicants will be able to submit their objections against answer key till the second or third week of December 2018.
CAT Result 2018
Applicants will check the CAT 2018 Result via online mode. It will be released in the second week of January 2019. CAT score card will be made available via online mode through the website. The authority may also intimate about the result to Applicants individually. Applicants will view their score through the login window. Applicants are advised to take printout of the result for further use.
Students will get admission in various IIMs on the basis of cut-off. CAT Cut-off depends upon the various terms like number of students, seats availability, exam difficulty, etc. CAT cut-off will be released by various IIMs. Cut-off will be published separately for various categories like NC-OBC, ST, ST and DA/PwD.
CAT 2018 Admission
CAT Admission 2018 will be started after the result announcement. Each IIM consider their own procedures and eligibility for providing admissions. Admission will be done as per the cut-off released by the IIMs. For admission, Applicants have to go through various rounds like Personal Interview (PI), Group Discussion (GD) and Written Ability Test (WAT). Admission will be done as per the Applicant’s performance in the CAT exam and Interview organized by IIMs.