CAT Eligibility 2018 | CAT Eligibility 2018 | CAT Exam Details
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018: Common Admission Test – CAT 2018 a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) at Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam will be conducted as a digital or Computer Based Test (CBT), on November 25th, 2018 in two sessions.
CAT Eligibility 2018
The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50 percent marks or equivalent CGPA (45 percent in case of the Applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) / Differently Able (DA) category) awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
The percentage of marks obtained by the Applicant in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the Applicant has obtained the degree. In case the Applicants are awarded grades / CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades / CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the Applicant’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
Applicants appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such Applicants will be allowed to join the program provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of her / his College / Institute stating that the Applicant has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate
IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.iimcat.ac.in. Applicants must note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by IIMs. Prospective Applicants must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
CAT Exam 2018/19 List of Equivalent Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology (4years after 10+2 / Post B.Sc. / Post Diploma ) or B.E / B.Tech equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD / UPSC / AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers – India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India).
- Any Qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by UGC recognized University / Institutions.
- Cases not covered above equivalency certificate to be produced by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi.
Also See Related Posts:
- Best Tips for CAT Exam Preparation
- CAT Eligibility
- CAT Preparation 2018
- All that you need to know about CAT
- CAT FAQ 2018 | CAT Exam Format 2018
- CAT 2018 Admission Process
- MBA Admission 2018
- The significance of CAT examinations for MBA Admissions