Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) PhD Admission 2019
CCMB Hyderabad PhD Admission 2019: Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) Hyderabad has invited applications for Phd programme for 2019 session.
The projects offered for PhD would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Nanobiology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
Applicants who satisfy the following criteria only need apply:
Applicants with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Pharmacy or Medicine having a valid National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of various funding agencies, e.g., CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship can only apply.
Valid fellowship is an absolute requirement for pursuing PhD at this Centre.
Upper age limit is 28years as on April 17th 2019 which is relaxable by 5 years as per GoI rules for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically Handicapped applicants.
CCMB Hyderabad PhD Admission Procedure
Mere fulfilment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection; the decision of the Centre in this regard shall be final.
Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
Travelling Allowance is not payable by CCMB and applicants have to make their own arrangements for stay, etc. at Hyderabad.
PhD Application Fees Structure
- General – Rs.500.00
- Scheduled Castes (SCs) – NIL
- Scheduled Tribes (STs) – NIL
- Other Backward Class (OBC) – Rs.500/-
- Other Backward Class (OBC)-NON-CREAMY LAYER – Rs.250/-
- Physically Handicapped (PH) – NIL
The application processing fees as mentioned above should be paid online only and is non‐ refundable
CCMB Hyderabad PhD Admission Selection Procedure
Online applications will be screened and the eligible Applicants will be called for a computer-based written test at one of their preferred centers among the 19 test centers across the country on 25th November 2018.
Applicants qualifying in the written test and having a valid FELLOWSHIP for pursuing Ph.D. will be shortlisted to appear for the interview at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad on 17th December 2018 (preliminary) and 18th December 2018 (final).
A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CCMB, and the eligible fellowships are:
- Any National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing Ph.D.
- Applicants with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- Pharm degree Applicants must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- Applicants qualifying both preliminary and the final interview will be selected for pursuing a Ph.D. at CCMB.
CCMB Hyderabad PhD Admission Dates 2019
- Online Registration Start Date: October 06th 2018
- Online Registration End Date: October 24th 2018
- Admit Card: To be announced later
- Computer Based Test: November 25th 2018 (Sunday)
- Announcement of candidates shortlisted for Interview: To be announced later
- Date of Interviews: To be announced later