CDS 2019 Exam: UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) has announced the notification for the CDS Exam I 2019 (Combined Defence Services Examination). UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2019 is held for recruiting Applicants for the course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. The Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam is conducted twice in a year. The Applicants willing to apply for CDS 2019 exam can apply for the post through the official site of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in. The last date to apply for the posts is set till November 26th, 2018. The CDS Exam will be conducted on February 03rd, 2019 across the country. Check out the complete details like exam date, registration, eligibility, application last date, admit card, fees, exam pattern, and more information for CDS Exam 2019 (1).
CDS Exam 1 2019 Notification out…!
UPSC CDS Exam (I) 2019 Vacancies Details
Total Number of Posts: 418 (Approx.)
The CDS examination will be conducted to fill up 418 posts of Commissioned Officers. This number, however, is likely to change. Applicants are hence advised to check the official notification for the final number.
CDS Exam Date 2019
- Date of Notification: October 31st, 2018
- Last Date of Online CDS Registration: November 26th, 2018
- UPSC CDS Exam Date 2019 (1): February 03rd, 2019
- Date of CDS Exam Result: June 2019
- SSB Date: July 2019
CDS 2019 Registration Procedure
- Applicants are required to apply for online CDS registration only using the link www.upsconline.nic.in click here to apply
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application, however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Applicants are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, SC/ST/OBC and fee remission etc.
- The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by Applicants. No admission certificate will be sent by post.
- Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over telephone 011-2338527/011-23381125/011-23098543.
Also See: CDS Exam Pattern
CDS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Below is the CDS eligibility criterion for all the aspirants of UPSC CDS Exam 2019. Check the UPSC CDS exam eligibility below before blindly going for CDS registration:
Nationality: Applicants must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- a person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of Applicants who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
The applicant in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before the declaration of result by UPSC.
CDS Age Limit with Sex & Marital Status
- For IMA-Unmarried male Applicants born not earlier than 02nd January 1996 and not later than 01st January 2001 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried male Applicants born not earlier than 02nd July 1995 and not later than 01st July 2000 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years as on 01st January 2019 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1996 and not later than 01st January 2000 (Upper age limit for Applicants holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1994 and not later than 01st January 1994) only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for men) Male Applicants (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd January 1995 and not later than 01st January 2001 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible; they should have been born not earlier than 02nd January 1995 and not later than 01st January 2001.
CDS 2019 Educational Qualification
- For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering
Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificate on the date of commencement of the SSB interview at the SSB.
For CDS exam, applicants can be from any stream but for entry to Air Force and Navy, Applicants should have studied physics and maths up to Class 12
Applicants who are studying in the final year degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to subject proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army Head Quarter/Rtd CDSE Entry, West-Bloc III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066
Applicants appearing at the degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Such Applicants will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualifying examination by a date to be specified in the Commission’s Notice for the Examination.
In the event of Air Force Applicants being suspended from Flying Training for failure to learn flying, they would be absorbed in the Navigation Branch of the IAF. This will be subject to availability of vacancies and fulfilling the laid down qualitative requirements (including 60% in graduation)
Physical Standards for CDS 2019
- Applicants must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (1), 2019 as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV.
CDS Exam Fee Details 2019
- Applicants (accepting Female/SC/ST Applicants who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
Also See: CDS Syllabus 2019
CDS 2019 Selection Procedure
- The Applicants will be provided admission to INA, IMA, Air Force Academy, and Officers’ Training Academy through Written Examination, Personality Test and Interview.
- The Applicants will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written examination and in the SSB tests. The final selection will be made in order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and the number of vacancies available.
CDS Exam Pattern 2019
The CDS 2019 Exam Pattern of Competitive examination comprises:
- Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix) of such Applicants as may be called for the interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
- English – Duration: 2 Hours & Maximum Marks 100
- General – Duration: Knowledge 2 Hours; & Maximum Marks 100
- Elementary – Duration: Mathematics 2 Hours; & Maximum Marks 100
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
- English – Duration: 2 Hours & Maximum Marks 100
- General Knowledge – Duration: Knowledge 2 Hours; & Maximum Marks 100
Maximum marks allotted to the written exam and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written exam and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
CDS 2019 Exam Cities
The UPSC CDS examination will be conducted in various cities:
- The Exam will be held at the following Centres: Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizawl, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kohima, Srinagar, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Delhi, Madurai, Tirupati, Dharwar, Mumbai, Udaipur, Dispur, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam
- Applicants should note that there would be a ceiling on the number of Applicants allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkatta and Nagpur.
Also See: CDS Results
CDS Admit Card 2019
- After the application forms have been filled and submitted the admit card will be issued on the scheduled date. The admit card will be available on the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
- The CDS admit card will not be sent by post. Applicants will have to take a print of the admit card and bring it with them at the time of examination. To download the admit card, Applicants have to enter details such as RID and date of birth or roll number. Applicants can check the links to get full information regarding the admit card.