CEED 2020 Notification for M.Des and Phd Admission
CEED 2020 Notification: Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) Qualifying Examination for Admission to Master of Design (M.Des) Programs at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur and Ph.D Programs in Design in some Institutes, for the academic year 2020.
The objective of the Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) is to assess the applicant’s aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem-solving skills. CEED is conducted by IIT Bombay. It is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (MDes) programs at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur, and IIITDM Jabalpur, and to Ph.D programs in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur. Qualifying in CEED alone does not guarantee admission to any of these programs. Admitting institutes may conduct further tests and / or interviews for the final selection/admission.
Check out Phd Admissions
A CEED score does NOT guarantee admission.
Admitting Institutes will also verify the eligibility, the category certificates and other documents along with the CEED score. The CEED 2020 score is valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result.
CEED 2020 will be conducted on Saturday, January 18th, 2020 from 10:00 – 13:00 hours. The examination will consist of two parts, Part A and Part B. Applicants must attempt questions from both the parts. Part A will be conducted from 10:00 to 11:00 hours followed by Part B from 11:00 to 13:00 hours.
CEED 2020 Important Dates
|Online registration with the regular fee||October 9th to November 9th, 2019|
|Online registration with late fee||November 10th to 16th, 2019|
|Admit card available for download from||January 1st, 2020 onwards|
|The last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||January 7th, 2020|
|CEED 2020 Exam Date||January 18th, 2020 (Saturday)|
|Release of draft answer key for Part A||January 21st, 2020|
|Last date for sending comments about draft answer key for Part A||January 27th, 2020|
|Release of final answer key for Part A||February 4th, 2020|
|Declaration of result||March 4th, 2020|
|Scorecards available for downloading||March 4th, 2020|
CEED 2020 Examination Cities
CEED 2020 examination will be conducted in the following cities:
- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, and Visakhapatnam.
- Applicants should compulsorily choose 3 cities in the order of preference at the time of online registration. Once the registration form is submitted, request for a change of city will NOT be entertained under any circumstances.
Check out more latest entrance exams
CEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have completed a degree/diploma/ postgraduate degree program of minimum 3 years (after 10+2 level), or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2020, or must have passed the GD Arts diploma program (10+5 level) by July 2020.
Eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes may differ from the eligibility criteria for appearing for CEED. Before applying for CEED, applicants are advised to check whether they meet the required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes.
There is no age limit to appear for CEED. Besides, the applicant can appear for CEED any number of times.
CEED 2020 Registration
CEED registration form must be submitted ONLINE ONLY through the official website, www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
- Rs.1,300/- for all women applicants
- Rs.1,300/- for (SC / ST / PwD) applicants
- Rs.2,600/- for all other applicants
Note that this fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. The registration fee has to be paid through the payment option provided on the website while submitting the registration form. Detailed instructions related to the payment of registration fee are given on the online registration portal. Credit card, debit card, and net-banking options are available. The registration fee shown above DOES NOT INCLUDE service and other charges and the processing fees that the banks may levy.
The normal registration fee shown above is applicable till the regular closing date of November 9th, 2019, 23:55 hours. A late fee of Rs. 500 is applicable to All applicants for registrations submitted after the regular closing date till November 16, 2019, 23:55 hours.
Check out NTA Entrance Exam Date 2020
CEED 2020 Admit Card
CEED Admit Cards 2020 will be available for downloading from the CEED website from January 1st, 2020 till January 18th, 2020. Please take a clear printout (in colour) of the admit card before coming to the examination center. In case of any discrepancies in Admit card, please write to [email protected]
Check out CEED 2020 Syllabus
CEED Syllabus 2020
CEED 2020 will be in two parts.
Part A will have questions related to these topics:
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and / or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to analyze given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem-solving: Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Part B of CEED 2020 will have questions related to these topics:
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Problem identification skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and their appropriate use in design, etc.
CEED 2020 is an aptitude test and hence no specific textbook or guide is recommended for its preparation. The applicants may, however, practice their drawing, rendering and visualization skills. Question papers of some of the previous years are available on the CEED website.
At the Examination Centre on January 18, 2020
Reporting time: Applicants must report at the examination center at 8:00 hours on Saturday, January 18th, 2020, along with a colour printout of the admit card. This is required to record the biometric information (thumb impression and photograph) before appearing for the examination. Examination Time: 10.00 – 13.00 hrs.
Identity proof: The applicant must bring a valid photo identity proof (original) along with the admit card to the examination center. Applicants will not be admitted to the examination center without a proper identity proof (college issued identity card, passport, driving license, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar card or printed e-Aadhar card).
Stationery: Applicants must bring their own pencils, sketch pens, poster colors and other drawing materials for the examination. Applicants should not bring drawing sheets to the examination hall.
Electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, calculators, smart or digital watches, etc. are NOT allowed in the examination hall. Use of any electronic gadget will disqualify the applicant.
The seating arrangement will be displayed on the notice board of the examination center.
Check out Admission Notification
CEED 2020 Result Declaration
- Result Declaration Date: March 4th, 2020
- CEED result will be displayed on the CEED website www.ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- The CEED 2020 scorecard is valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result. The CEED 2020 scorecard cannot be treated as a proof of date of birth, category or disability status.
- Note: The authority to declare the result is vested solely with JEE (Advanced) UCEED CEED office, IIT Bombay. If any claim or dispute regarding CEED 2020 arises, the Courts and Tribunals in Mumbai alone shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain and settle such dispute or claim.
Note: Information provided in the registration form by the CEED applicants will be shared with the participating, result sharing institutes and may also be used for analysis.