Central Teacher Eligibility Test 2018 Notification
CTET 2018 Notification: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi will be conducting the 11th Edition of Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on December 09th 2018 for an applicant to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for classes I to VIII. Check out the complete details of CTET 2018 like exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, exam fees, exam pattern and more information on this page. Applicants can apply only Online for CTET 2018 on CTET website www.ctet.nic.in.
Check out CTET 2019 Notification
CTET Exam Date 2018
- Submission of Online Application through CTET Website 1st August to 27th August 2018
- Last Date for submission of online application form: August 27th 2018 upto 17.00 hrs
- Last Date for submission of fee through E-challan or Debit/Credit Card: August 30th 2018 before 3.30 pm
- Period for Online Corrections in Particulars (No correction will be allowed in any particulars after this date): 6th to 10th September 2018
- Final status of Applicants-Check Status & Particulars of applicants whose fees received: September 4th 2018
- CTET 2018 admit card available on 22nd November 2018
- CTET Exam Date: December 09th 2018
CTET 2018 Application Process
- CTET Online Form has to be submitted by accessing the following CTET website www.ctet.nic.in.
- Please read the Information Bulletin of CTET SEPT 2018 carefully before you start filling the Online Application Form.
- Applicants can apply for CTET SEPT 2018 “Online” through website www.ctet.nic.in. The Applicant should supply all details while filling the Online Form.
- The application for CTET SEPT 2018 has been made completely online with the facility to upload photograph and signature of the applicant. The particulars will be filled online and the scanned images of latest photograph and signature (in JPG format only) will be uploaded at the time of filling the application form.
CTET Eligibility Criteria
The applicants having the following minimum educational qualification are eligible for appearing in CTET:
Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V (Primary Stage)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education. OR
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education. OR
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed). OR
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education). OR
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
Minimum Educational Qualification for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage)
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education; or
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed); or
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed); or
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed); or
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.-Ed/B.Sc.Ed; or Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed (Special Education).
- Relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks in the minimum educational qualification for eligibility to apply shall be allowed to the applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently abled.
- Applicants who are appearing in the final year of the bachelor degree in education or Diploma in Elementary Education etc are provisionally admitted and their CTET certificate shall be valid only on passing the aforesaid examinations.
- The applicant not having any of the above qualifications shall not be eligible for appearing in Central Teacher Eligibility Test.
- The applicant should satisfy his/her eligibility before applying and shall be personally responsible in case he/she is not eligible to apply as per the given eligibility criteria.
CTET 2018 Exam Fees
- For Paper-I or Paper-II (one of these): Rs.600/- (General/OBC)/ Rs.300/- (SC/ST/Diff. Abled).
- For Paper-I and Paper-II (both): Rs.1000/- (General/OBC)/ Rs.500/- (SC/ST/Diff. Abled).
- The application fee can be submitted through Challan/Debit/Credit Card.
CTET Admit Card 2018
- The CTET 2018 Admit Card, will be available on website showing the particulars along with the photograph and signature of the applicants on the CTET website from November 22nd 2018.
- No admit cards will be issued separately by the board. These are to be downloaded only by the applicants.
- The applicant whose admit card have not been uploaded on CTET website are hereby given one more opportunity. Such applicants must contact the CTET Unit by November 30th, 2018 (Friday) along with the copy of their confirmation page/proof of fee submission failing which the board will not be responsible for non-issue of admit card to any such applicant.
- Applicants are advised to download their e-Admit Card from official website only.
CTET 2018 Exam Pattern
All questions in CTET Exam will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each carrying one mark, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct. There will be no negative marking for CTET – CTET 2018 Exam Pattern.
There will be two papers of CTET
- Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes I to V.
- Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
Note: A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).