COMEDK Undergraduate Entrance Test (COMEDK UGET) 2019 for B.E, B.Tech & B.Arch Courses
COMEDK UGET 2019: The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (Comedk), Bangalore has announced the COMEDK Undergraduate Entrance Test (UGET) for the year 2019 for B.E, B.Tech and B.Arch Courses. Check out the complete details of Comedk UGET Exam 2019 like exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card, syllabus, registration and more information about Comedk Exam 2019 for Undergraduate Entrance Test.
- COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” – an autonomous institution consisting of senior academicians and reputed administrative officers who have been associated in the educational eco system.
- By this, COMEDK has been serving 16 Medical, 24 Dental and around 190 Engineering Colleges.
- Subsequent to the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) being mandated as the only acceptable entrance exam for admission to Medical & Dental Courses in the country, COMEDK continues the evaluation process for the members of KUPECA i.e. around 190 Engineering Colleges.
- For the current academic year 2019-20, COMEDK would conduct an online exam all over India on Sunday, the May 12th, 2019, across 300 centres for the Engineering Programs which offer around 20000 seats and will be followed by offline counseling to overcome the un-anticipated glitches in online counseling as we in India are not still fully prepared for the same.
Check out Engineering Entrance Exams
- Start Date for Registration & Issue of Online Application for COMEDK UGET /Uni-GAUGE E 2019: January 16th, 2019
- Mock Test Made Available Online: February 05th, 2019
- Last Date for Online Payments & Last Date for Submission of completed application online: April 19th, 2019
- Start Date to edit select fields in Application Form: April 20th, 2019
- Last Date to edit select fields in Application Form: April 22nd, 2019
- Start Date for download of Test Admission Ticket on the website: May 03rd, 2019
- Last Date for downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT): May 11th, 2019
- COMEDK UGET & Uni-GAUGE E 2019 Engineering Entrance Exam 2019: May 12th, 2019
- Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys & start Date for Online Submission of objections/challenge of Provisional Answer keys: May 16th, 2019
- Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys: May 20th, 2019
- Publishing of Final Answer keys: May 24th, 2019
- Monday Test Score Cards made Available Online to the Applicants: May 27th, 2019
Duration of the COMEDK Courses offered
- B.E (Bachelor of Engineering) & B.Tech: 4 years; Not Applicable (Internship in year)
- Arch (Bachelor of Architecture): 5 years; Not Applicable (Internship in year)
- Branches offered for B.E in various Engineering Colleges: If any new courses are approved to the Member Institutions, the same will be notified in the website.
- Branch Name: Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Automation & Robotics Engineering, Automobiles Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering, Biotechnology, Ceramic & Cement Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Construction Tech & Management, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Industrial Engineering & Production, Information Science, IT & Engineering, Instrumentation Technology also known as Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Manufacturing Science & Engineering, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Medical Electronics, Mining Engineering, Nano Technology, Telecommunication Engineering, Textile Engineering.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants from all over the country can appear for the UGET 2019 entrance exam. The eligibility criterion for various programs has been as published by COMEDK in its Notification.
For UG Engineering Courses:
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit Applicants should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC/ST and OBC Applicants of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or
- Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma Applicants are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
For UG Architecture Courses
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B.Arch Course is second PUC or 10+2
- No Applicant shall be admitted to architecture program unless she/he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination
- The Applicants should have qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2019
- There shall be no Entrance Test for Applicants seeking admission to B.Arch Course
- Applicants seeking admission to B. Arch course shall submit separate application form for counselling as per the notification on COMEDK website (which will be made available before counselling). Applicants interested only in Architecture course, need not fill the online application form for the engineering entrance exam.
- Not with standing the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by AICTE, VTU, COA or any other competent Regulatory Authorities before the start of rank generation process of COMEDK shall be adopted mutatis mutandis. After generating the ranks, no changes will be made to the already prescribed eligibility criteria.
- Rank Card will be generated only for those Applicants who become eligible for admission to Under Graduate Courses as per the regulations of AICTE / VTU.
Seat Selection Process
- This document called ‘Brochure for COMEDK UGET 2019’ lays down the procedure and necessary regulations for the conduct of Entrance Test only.
- For Seat Selection process and other related processes, the Applicants are advised to visit www.comedk.org for regular updates.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Pattern
- For PCM (BE) [Physics – 60 MCQ, Chemistry – 60 MCQ, Mathematics – 60 MCQ, Biology & English – Not Applicable; Total: 180 MCQs]. Check out complete Comedk Exam Pattern.
Note: Applicants seeking admission for Medical/Dental courses will have to qualify NEET 2019 and satisfy the eligibility norms prescribed by MCI/DCI, besides eligibility in English viz. 50% securing for Gen Merit Applicants & 40% for SC/ST/OBC Applicants of Karnataka.
Comedk UGET 2019 Exam Scheme
- COMEDK UGET 2019 will be based on the syllabus of 10+2 (12th) standard. Questions on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are asked to test the Applicant’s aptitude in program of choice
- Entrance Test COMEDK UGET 2019 is mandatory for all Applicants seeking admission to BE/B Tech/B Arch courses in Member Institutions of COMEDK. A merit/rank list is generated based on the entrance test.
- Medium of Examination will be ENGLISH Only
- Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers
- However, in the event of a tie in the test score the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adopted to break ties.
- Total Marks would be 180
- The entrance test is based on the existing syllabus of 10 + 2 / 11th & 12th STD / 1st & 2nd PUC.
- In order to familiarize the students to the computer based test, an opportunity in the form of MOCK TEST will be made available in our website as per the calendar of events. As many as 6 different mock tests will be made available to the students before they take the final exam on May 12th, 2019.
Final Merit/Rank Publishing
- The final merit / rank is generated based on the performance in the entrance test and the same will be made available on May 27th, 2019 under applicants login ID
COMEDK UGET Admit Card 2019
- The Admit Card for COMEDK 2019 is going to be made available online. Applicants are required to enter their login credentials in order to download COMEDK 2019 Admit Card. It is to be noted that Applicants will not be allowed to sit for the examination unless and until they have COMEDK 2019 Admit Card in hand.
- The Admit Card of COMEDK 2019 consists of certain information like Applicant’s name, complete address of the test center, timings of the exam, date of the exam, id proof details, general instructions.
- Applicants must note that they have to take COMEDK 2019 Admit Card positively at the time of examination as it is going to act as an entry ticket at the time of examination.
COMEDK Syllabus 2019
- Syllabus of COMEDK is on the existing syllabus of 10+2 / 2nd PUC. Therefore you can simply check your class 12 PCM syllabus to know which topics to study for the COMEDK. The official information brochure is likely to state that syllabus of COMEDK 2019 will be based on 10+2 / 2nd PUC / equivalent syllabus.
- PUC II Mathematics Syllabus
- PUC II Biology Syllabus
- PUC II Physics Syllabus
- PUC II Chemistry Syllabus
- PUC II English Syllabus
COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Form
- The Applicants have to register themselves at www.comedk.org. The Applicants may access the How to Apply Document, general instructions and the explanation for filling the required fields through the link in the website www.comedk.org.
- However, these instructions are reproduced as under.
- A separate link in the website is provided to assist the Applicants in filling the COMEDK UGET Online Application form. Please ensure that you have the following documents ready at hand before you start filling up the Online Application Form.
- Demand Draft (drawn from the nationalized banks in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore)
- 10th Standard Marks card/School Leaving Certificate indicating the Applicant’s Date of Birth (required for the date of birth verification).
- SC/ST/OBC or Minority Certificates (Religious/Linguistic) if any.
Application Fee for Comedk UGET 2019
- Applicants are required to pay the amount of Rs.1500/- for COMEDK UGET and Rs.2400/- both for COMEDK and UNIGAUGE. Applicants can pay the fee using Debit Card / Credit Card/Net Banking.
- This fee is non-refundable under any circumstance including judicial and other statutory reasons. Fee payment for application is only through online mode via Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card.
- Facility for Printing Online Test Admission Ticket will be disabled on May 11th, 2019 midnight. Hence the Applicants must download the TAT one day before the exam and preserve the printed Online TAT until the admission process is completed.
COMEDK UGET Result 2019
- The admission authority of the conducting body will release the result of COMEDK UGET 2019 on May 27th 2019. The Applicants who have appeared in the exam will be able to check their COMEDK UGET 2019 result from the admission portal by log-in using the User ID and password.
- The Applicants will be able to view the result from the portal and then will be required to download their score card to present during the counselling.
- The result will comprise of the details such as registration number, online test admission ticket (TAT) number, date of birth and category, stream chosen and appeared for, test score and rank.