CA CPT June 2020 Notification and Exam Date
CA CPT 2020 Notification: The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) has announced the dates of CA CPT (Chartered Accountants Common Proficiency Test) June 2020. ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India), the exam conducting authority has released the online notification of CA CPT 2020 Session. Institute of Chartered Accountants of India will conduct CA CPT 2020 Exam for June Session on June 16th 2020 (Tentative), in two sessions- morning from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM, and the afternoon session from 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM.
CA CPT 2020 Notification out (June)
Check out the complete information about CA CPT 2020 like registration, fees, exam date, admit card, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, exam centers and more details for CA CPT June 2020. Applicants aspiring to appear in ICAI CPT June 2020 can check here all the details of the CA CPT Exam on this page below, read carefully and apply.
CA CPT June 2020
In pursuance of Regulation 22 of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is pleased to announce that the Common Proficiency Test will be held on June 2020 in two sessions as below, at the following centres provided that a sufficient number of Applicants offer themselves to appear from each centre.
CA CPT Exam Date 2020 (tentative)
- Availability of application form for CA CPT 2020 Exam: April 04th, 2020
- Last date for application form submission without late fee: April 24th, 2020
- Last date to submit the application form with late fee: May 02nd, 2020
- CPT Admit Card: 01st week of June 2020
- CA CPT 2020 Exam Date: June 16th, 2020
- CA CPT Result Declared: 03rd week of July 2020
CA CPT Application Form 2020
An application for admission to Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is required to apply online at http://icaiexam.icai.org from April 04th 2020 to April 24th 2020 (without late fees) and upto 02nd May 2020 (with Late Fees of Rs.600/- for Indian and Kathmandu Centres and $10 for Foreign Centres).
The entrance exam fee is required to be submitted online by using VISA or MASTER Credit / Debit Card / Rupay Card / Net Banking.
However, the entrance exam application form for Post Qualification Course Exam International Taxation – Assessment Test (INTT – AT) is to be filled up in the paper-based form only and is priced at Rs.100/- per exam application form.
CA CPT Application Fees 2020
CPT Application Fees of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) for centres in India, US $ 300/- for Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat centres and INR 1700/-for Kathmandu centre can be remitted using online payment gateway facility with VISA/Master/Maestro Credit/Debit Card.
In addition to the application fee payable to the Institute by the Applicant towards the exam, they will be required to pay bank charges at the following rates, while paying the said fee, online through the payment gateway.
These are charges payable by the Applicant to the bank and will be recovered along with the applicable fee payable to the Institute.
CA CPT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The applicant shall be eligible to appear in Common Proficiency Test (CPT) scheduled to be held in June 16th 2020, if he/she has:
- Either passed or appeared in the Senior Secondary Exam (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an exam recognized by the Central Govt. as equivalent thereto and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time.
- List of examinations recognized as equivalent to Senior Secondary Examination); and
- Revalidated his/her registration to Common Proficiency Course (as applicable).
- As decided by the Council, the registration to the Common Proficiency Course is valid for a period of 3 years and the student is required to revalidate the same from the concerned Regional Office on expiry of the said period.
Exemption from Appearing in CPT:
Applicants who are graduate or post graduate in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of total marks or its equivalent grade in the exam conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) with certain subjects or;
Graduates or Postgraduates other than those falling under Commerce stream mentioned above having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the exam conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) are exempted from passing CPT.
CPT Admit Card 2020
- CA CPT admit card with photograph and signature of all the Applicants will be hosted on http://icaiexam.icai.org generally 1st week of June 2020 days prior to the date of exam.
- Applicants may print their admit card from the website, which will be valid for admission to the exam.
- They will be required to print their admit card by logging-in and selecting the Admit Card from their dashboard from the above-mentioned website.
- So also, Applicants are advised to keep a photocopy of the PDF of the filled-up exam application with them for reference, whenever they correspond with ICAI Exam Dept.
- Details contained in the examination application forms submitted by the Applicants will be hosted on website http://icaiexam.icai.org.
CPT Exam Pattern 2020
Applicants can check CPT Exam Pattern 2020 – The Common Proficiency Test (CPT) in Paper-Pencil Mode (PP-Mode) will be held on June 16th 2020 in accordance with the existing scheme of education, training and exam of the Chartered Accountancy Course.
It is a 4 hours duration test comprising two sessions of 2 hours each with a break between two sessions. Test will comprise objective type questions with negative marking for choosing wrong answers.
In order to pass the CPT (Examination), a Applicant is required to secure, at one sitting, a minimum of 30 percent marks in each Section and a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate of all Sections, subject to the principle of negative marking, being 1/4 Mark (one fourth) for each wrong answer, as per Regulation 36A of CA Regulations, 1988.
Common Proficiency Test will be of one paper of 200 marks and will consist of the following four sections:
First Session (Morning Session) 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM IST
- Section-A: Fundamentals of Accounting
- Section-B: Mercantile Laws
Second Session (Afternoon Session) 02.00 PM to 04.00 PM IST
- Section-C: General Economics
- Section-D: Quantitative Aptitude
- Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting – 60 Marks
- Section B: Mercantile Laws- 40 Marks
- Section C: General Economics – 50 Marks
- Section D: Quantitative Aptitude- 50 Marks
Also Check: CPT Syllabus
CA CPT 2020 Exam Centres
The list of Cities where Common Proficiency Test (CPT) will be held on June 16th 2020. Each Applicant is expected to choose only one centre as his choice of exam centre. Applicants may note that the choice of centre once exercised is final and no request for change of exam centre will thereafter be entertained under any circumstances
The Chartered Accountants Exams in June 2020 will be held in the following cities:
Agra, Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Ajmer, Akola, Alappuzha, Aligarh, Allahabad, Alwar, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Anand, Anantapur, Asansol, Aurangabad, Badlapur, Banswara, Bareilly, Bathinda, Beawar, Belgaum, Bellary, Bengaluru, Berhampore, Bhagalpur, Bharatpur, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhilwara, Bhiwani, Bhopal, Bilaspur, Bundi, Bhubaneswar, Bhuj, Bikaner, Chandigarh, Chandrapur, Chennai, Chittorgarh, Churu, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi / New Delhi, Dhanbad, Dhule, Dundlod, Durg, Durgapur, Eluru, Ernakulam, Erode, Fatehabad, Firozabad, Faridabad, Gandhidham, Gandhinagar, Ghaziabad, Gondia, Gorakhpur, Guntur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Haldwani, Haridwar, Hisar, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jalgaon, Jalna, Jammu, Jamnagar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Junagadh, Kaithal, Kakinada, Kannur, Kanpur, Karimnagar, Karnal, Kishangarh, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kollam, Kota, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Kumbakonam, Kurnool, Latur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Malappuram, Mandsaur, Mangalore, Mapusa (goa), Margao (Goa), Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Mumbai, Muzaffarnagar, Muzaffarpur, Mysore, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi mumbai, Navsari, Neemuch, Nellore, Nizamabad, Noida, Ongole, Palakkad, Palghar, Palimarwar, Panipat, Panvel, Parbhani, Patiala, Patna, Pimpri-chinchwad, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram, Rajkot, Ranchi, Ratlam, Ratnagiri, Rewari, Rohtak, Rourkela, Saharanpur, Salem, Sambalpur, Sangli, Sangrur, Satara, Satna, Shimla, Shimoga, Sikar, Siliguri, Sirohi, Sirsa, Sivakasi, Solapur, Sonepat, Sri ganganagar, Srinagar, Surat, Surendranagar, Thane, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tinsukia, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tirupur, Tuticorin, Udaipur, Udupi, Ujjain, Vadodara, Vapi, Varanasi, Vasai, Vellore, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal, Yamuna Nagar, Yavatmal
Exam Centres Overseas
- Abu Dhabi
Mode of Payment of Fee
- The payment has to be made online using Master/Visa/Maestro Credit/Debit card/Rupay or Net-Banking Mere deduction of amount from your account does not mean a successful application unless it is recorded successfully at the exam application portal.
- Status of payment (i.e.; successfully captured by the portal or not) can be checked at the link Check Application Status.
- Applicants with permanent disabilities and who hold a valid Permanent Concession Card issued by ICAI are exempt from payment of exam fee for CPT.
- Such Applicants who have not been issued Permanent Concession Card can apply for the same, the procedure in this regard, is available at https://icai.org/ in the Students -> Exam section.
The Joint Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi-110002, Website http://icaiexam.icai.org.