Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2020 in the United Kingdom (UK)
Commonwealth Scholarships 2020: Online applications has invited from Indian nationals for ‘2020 COMMONWEALTH MASTER’ SCHOLARSHIP TENABLE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM’ for pursuing one year Master’s Degree courses commencing from September/ October 2020. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) the UK offers the Scholarships. Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 Important Dates
- The portal shall be active from 01st October 2019 to 15th November 2019
- The OAS is active from 28th August 2019 to 30th October 2019
Commonwealth Scholarship Offered
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Check out National Scholarship Portal
Number of Nominations
- The 39 nominations would be made to the CSC. The CSC will tentatively inform this Ministry of the selected applicants by June 2020.
Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility Criteria 2020
To apply for Commonwealth Maters Scholarships, the applicant must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country (See the list below).
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020.
- By September 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study.
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
- The CSC aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make the change. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, and encourage applications from a diverse range of applicants.
Check out National Scholarship Test
Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 Selection Process
Each year, the CSC has invited selected nominating bodies to submit a specific number of nominations. The deadline for nominating bodies to submit nominations to the CSC is 18th December 2019
The CSC has invited around three times more nominations than scholarships available – therefore, nominated candidates are not guaranteed to be awarded a scholarship. There are no quotas for scholarships for any individual country. Applicants nominated by national nominating agencies are in competition with those nominated by other nominating bodies, and the same standards will be applied to applications made through either channel.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- The potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country.
Commonwealth Scholarships Application Form 2020
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) Online Application System.
You must apply to one of the following nominating bodies in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
- National nominating agencies – this is the main route of application
- Selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies
All applications must be made through one of these nominating bodies. Each nominating body is responsible for its own selection process and may have additional eligibility criteria. You must check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, their own eligibility criteria, and their own closing date for applications.
You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your nominating body. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
All applications must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 30th October 2019 at the latest.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT) on 20th November 2019 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- Proof of citizenship or refugee status – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- References from at least two individuals – submitted directly by the referees to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
It is your responsibility to ensure that your referees are able to complete the references by the deadline and that they receive the reference requests.
The CSC will not accept supporting documentation submitted by nominating agencies or outside the online application system.
Check out Made Easy National Scholarship Test
Eligible Commonwealth Countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines