CSIR Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) PhD Admission 2020
CSIR IGIB Phd Admission 2020: CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) has invited applications for admission to PhD Programme for Research in frontier areas of modern biology leading to a PhD degree for 2020 sessions.
- Application Form Available from September 27th, 2019 (09.30 am)
- Last Date of accepting Application Form: October 25th, 2019 (06.00 pm)
CSIR IGIB Phd Eligibility Criteria 2020
Masters’ degree (M.Sc/MTech/MPharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or Allied subjects with special interest in Biology.
B.Tech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS applicants with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
In addition to this, all applicants should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XIIth standard board Exam. Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) applicants to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and at the XIIth standard board exam.
Applicants who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
Fellowship: MSc/M Tech/M Pharm/B Tech/B Pharm/BE/MBBS applicants should hold CSIR-UGC (JRF)/DBT (JRF)/ICMR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at least till 31st December 2019, in all cases).
Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and under CSIR projects. B. Tech/B. Pharm/ B.E students who fulfill the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html) are also eligible.
Age Limit: Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application, 25th October 2019) which is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women applicants as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
Check out Admission Notifications
CSIR IGIB Phd Selection Process 2020
All applicants fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria will be invited through email for appearing for interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi, to be held on 23rd November 2019.
There will be two rounds of interviews. The first round will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the applicant in biological sciences.
The applicants will be informed of their dates through the Admit Card that they obtain after completing the application process and successful payment.
The applicants will be evaluated for their aptitude in biological sciences with the special focus on their research proposal that they are to submit at the time of application.
The applicants should be ready to make a short 10-minute presentation based on their research interest and research proposal.
Applicants finally selected will have an interactive session with the scientists of the Institute.
CSIR IGIB Phd Application Form 2020
Links to the application form is available at www.igib.res.in Instructions for filling in the application form and the last date for application is given therein. The portal is open from 20th September 2019 to 24th October 2019.
Applicants will have to submit a non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- [Rs.500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) applicants]. Instructions for the payment will be available on the website.
Steps to apply online
- Visit – https://www.igib.res.in/?q=phdinformation
- Keep the AcSIR Application form number (which should be of the format AcSIRXXXXX) from the AcSIR application portal. This will be essential for applying on the CSIR-IGIB portal. Please note that this is not the same as the registration number.
- In case you face any difficulty with the online application form please inform Pratima at [email protected] well in advance of the deadline.
- Things to keep ready before starting the IGIB application process:
- AcSIR Application Form Number from AcSIR portal (this should be of the format AcSIRXXXXX).
- A digital passport photograph NOT more than 2MB in size.
- Details of your educational qualifications (marks, subjects, university, year of passing, etc). Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.