CSIR UGC NET Exam 2019 for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship Programs
CSIR NET 2019: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has invited applications from eligible applicants for admission into Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship (JRF) programs through University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) Entrance Exam December 2019. Check out the complete details like exam date, application procedure, exam centres, exam fee, admit card, exam pattern and more details about CSIR NET December 2019
CSIR will hold Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship (NET) December, 2019 in (i) Chemical Sciences (ii) Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences (iii) Life Sciences (iv) Mathematics Sciences (v) Physical Sciences tentatively on Sunday the December 15th, 2019.
About CSIR UGC NET
Online applications for JRF/NET are invited twice a year on all India basis through press Notification. The Notification is also made available on HRDG website (www.csirhrdg.res.in).
CSIR & UGC provide Research Fellowships to bright young men and women for training in methods of research under the expert guidance of faculty members/scientists working in University Department / National Laboratories and Institutions in various fields of Science. Only bonafide Indian citizens are eligible for this test.
CSIR/UGC Fellowship is tenable in India. The Program is aimed at National Science & Technology Human Resource Development.
The award of CSIR/UGC Fellowship is for a fixed tenure and does not imply any assurance or guarantee for subsequent employment by CSIR/UGC to the beneficiary.
CSIR NET Exam Date 2019
- Date of Commencement of Online Application is 09th September 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application is 09th October 2019
- CSIR NET Admit Card will be issued by 09th November 2019 (No hard copy of admit cards will be issued to any candidate)
- Date of CSIR UGC NET Exam 2019: 15th December 2019 (Sunday)
- CSIR NET Final Result of this Single MCQ Test may be declared sometime in the month of March/April 2020
CSIR NET 2019 Application Procedure
Interested and eligible applicants may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in.
In order to apply Online, the applicants are required to download Bank challan Proforma from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee (strictly as per their category) in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
Before applying Online, applicants are advised to go through detailed notification available at CSIR, HRDG website.
After successful submission of ONLINE Application, an Application Number will be auto-generated. The applicants are advised to preserve the Application Number for future reference and for downloading his/her e-Admit Card. The applicant should also keep a print (hard copy) of the duly filled-in application form for future use.
Applicant should submit only one application. If applicant submits more than one application, none of the applications of such applicant will be entertained.
CSIR UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2019
M.Sc or equivalent degree / Integrated BS-MS / BS-4 years / BE / B.Tech / B.Pharma / MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer applicants (Central list only as provided in National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and 50% for SC/ST, physically and Visually Handicapped applicants.
Applicants enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of application form, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) Category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award.
Such applicants will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Dept. / Institute from where the applicant is appearing or has appeared.
B.Sc (Hons.) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in the Integrated M.S-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non-Creamy layer) applicants; 50% marks for SC/ST, physically and visually handicapped applicants are also eligible to apply.
Applicants with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified applicants will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th Sept-1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
Age Limit & Relaxation
For JRF (NET): Maximum 28 years as on 01st December 2019 (Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ Physically Handicapped/Visually Handicapped and Female applicants).
For LS (NET): No upper age limit.
Also Check CSIR NET Form 2019
CSIR NET 2019 Exam Centres
The test will be held at 26 centers spread all over India, as specified below:
Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
CSIR NET Admit Card 2019
Appearing applicants of CSIR NET 2019 can download them admit cards from the official website www.csirhrdg.res.in.
Admit Card will be issued by 09th November 2019. The applicants have to enter their application form number and date of birth to download there, admit card.
No hard copy of admit cards will be issued to any applicant.
Applicants have to carry their, admit cards at the exam center.
CSIR NET Exam Pattern 2019
- The single paper MCQ based test will be held on 15th December 2019. The CSIR NET exam will be held in two sessions; morning 09.00 AM to 12.00 noon and afternoon 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM.
- The Test will be held in total of five subjects viz., Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Physical Sciences Chemical Sciences, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences. The CSIR NET Exam pattern for the Single Paper MCQ test is given below:
- The MCQ test paper of each subject shall carry a maximum of 200 marks; the exam shall be for the duration of three hours. The question paper shall be divided in three parts.
- Applicants should use only black ballpoint pen and not pencil to fill in their particulars in the OMR Answer Sheet/Question Paper Booklet and to darken the appropriate circle to mark their answers in their OMR answer sheet.
- The Question Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version.
- Negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per subject wise scheme of Exam.