DME Kerala General Nursing & Midwifery Course 2019
DME Kerala GNM Admission 2019: Directorate of Medicine Education (DME), Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) has invited online applications for admission to the Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery Course 2019-20, offered at Government of Nursing at Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, and Kottayam.
All Seats at these institutes are reserved for SC/ST applicants under the Special Component Plan/Tribal Sub Plan.
Diploma in GNM Course
- Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery Course in the academic year 2019-2020 that has been approved by the Govt. of Kerala is published herewith.
- It contains general information and rules relating to the admission for the academic year 2019-2020, and other related information.
- Duration of Course: The duration of the Diploma course in General Nursing and Midwifery shall be of three years including internship. The maximum period for the successful completion of the course is 6 years.
Check out Paramedical Courses
DME Kerala GNM Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of Filled in Application Forms with documents specified DME Thiruvananthapuram: August 21st, 2019
Number of Seats
The total number of seats to the General Nursing &Midwifery Course is 90, distributed as below:
- College of Nursing Thiruvananthapuram – 30 for SC Applicants only
- College of Nursing, Kozhikode 30 for SC Applicants only – 03
- College of Nursing, Kottayam – 30 for ST Applicants only
- Total Seats –90
In the absence of ST applicants, SC applicants will be considered in the last allotment process only in 20 seats.
Check out Medical Courses
DME Kerala GNM Application Form 2019
- The applicant shall download the Application form and Prospectus which are available on the website of Directorate of Medical Education i.e www.dme.kerala.gov.in.
- Application forms of previous years will not be accepted.
- The applicant shall pay the application fee of Rs.100/- and remit the same in the treasury Head of Account of 0210-03-105-99 and submit the treasury challan (in original) along with the filled application form.
- Application forms correctly filled up together with the following documents should be sent by Registered Post so as to reach the “Director, Directorate of Medical Education, and Medical College P.O. Thiruvananthapuram-11″ on or before the last date fixed for the receipt of applications. Late applications will not be considered under any circumstances.
- No applications will be received in person in the office of the Director of Medical Education except on the last date. The envelope should be super scribed as “Application for Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery for the year 2019-2020”.
- Late, Incomplete and defective application will be rejected.
Check out PG Diploma Courses
Eligibility Criteria for DME Kerala GNM Admission 2019
- As per INC norms, Applicants for admission to the course should have passed the Plus-2 or equivalent examination conducted by the Government of Kerala or by any of the Universities in Kerala with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subject sand English with 40% aggregate marks. 10+2, ANM course from the schools recognized by INC is also eligible for admission.
- Only Indian Citizens of Kerala origin are eligible for admission to the course. In order to prove that an applicant is an Indian Citizen of Kerala origin for the limited purpose of eligibility for admission, he/she has to produce one of the following certificates along with the printout of the application itself.
- The true copy of the relevant page of Secondary School Leaving Certificate of the applicant showing the place of birth in Kerala OR;
- The true copy of the relevant page of the Secondary School Leaving Certificate of either of the parents of the applicant showing Place of Birth in Kerala with the corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the applicant.
- The true copy of the relevant page of the Passport of the applicant, issued by Govt. of India, showing Place of Birth in Kerala or of either of the parents of the applicant showing Place of Birth in Kerala with the corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the applicant.
- A certificate of birth from the authority competent to register birth(Panchayat/Municipality /Corporation) showing the applicant’s or either of the parents’ (in which case corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the applicant is necessary) place of birth in Kerala, to be issued by a competent registering authority.
- Applicants should have completed the age of 17 years on 31st December 2019 and should not be above the age of 35 years on the date. There is no age bar for ANM applicants.
- Syllabus of the course shall be the syllabus approved by the Indian Nursing Council.
Mode of Admission
- Admission to Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery will be made on merit as assessed on the basis of the total marks secured by the applicants in the Part III optional subject at the Plus two examination / equivalent examination.
DME Kerala GNM Selection Process 2019
The selection committee will consist of:
- Director of Medical Education (Chairman)
- Joint Director of Nursing Education (Convenor)
- Director, PIPMS
- Registrar KNMC
- Principal, Government College of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram/Kozhikode/Kottayam
- The decision of the selection committee regarding selection will be final. The select list published by the Director of Medical Education will be valid till the last date of admission notified by the Indian Nursing Council.
Check out more Admission Notifications
- Allotment will be made through a centralized allotment process, which will be conducted by DME. The dates of allotment shall be notified by DME in leading Malayalam dailies and website of DME (www.dmekerala.gov.in).
- No individual communication will be sent to the applicants in this regard.
Date of Joining
- Selected applicants on getting instruction from the Director of Medical Education shall join the college on the date notified in this behalf. The attendance will be calculated from the date of commencement of the classes and not from the date on which the applicant join the classes.
- Selected applicants are eligible for an educational concession, admissible for SC/ST applicant sand exempted from the payment of fees as per orders of the Government issued in this regard from time to time. Concession will be available only for a period of 3 years.