Delhi Technological University PhD Admission 2020 | DTU PhD Entrance Exam
DTU PhD Admission 2020: Check here the complete information about DTU Phd Admission 2020 Notification. Applications have invited by Delhi Technological University for enrollment in various Phd Departments. Interested and eligible applicants can apply for DTU entrance exam in order to get admission in desirable Phd course available at this university.
Here in this article, you can check out the updated information about DTU Phd Admission 2020 such as seats, eligibility criteria, selection process, age limit, application procedure, important dates, last date to apply and more details.
DTU Phd Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Advertisement in Newspapers: November 2019
- Opening of the website for Online Registration: 3rd week of November 2019 from 10:00 AM onwards
- Last Date for Online Registration & Fee Deposit: 1st week of December 2019, 12:00 Midnight
- Display of List of Eligible applicants for written test on DTU Website: 2nd week of December 2019
- Date of Screening Test: 3rd week of December 2019
- Declaration of Result on DTU Website: 4th week of December 2019
- Dates for Interview: End of December 2019
- Declaration of Final Result on DTU Website: End of December 2019
- Date of Admission: December 31st, 2019
- Last & Spot round of admissions against Vacant seats (Applicants are required to report along with original documents and bank draft for fee deposit): 2nd week of January 2020 at 10:00 am
Check out Admission Notification
Ph.D. departments and seat available at Delhi Technical University
The University offers PhD program in the following departments:
- Applied Physics, Management
- Applied Chemistry
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Environment Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
Total No. of seats offered by the university: 31 seats.
DTU PhD Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants need to satisfy prescribed eligibility criteria in order to attain DTU Phd Admission 2020. The required eligibility criteria are as follows:
- An applicant possessing a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ Sciences/ Management/ Humanities and Social Sciences in relevant discipline or equivalent with a minimum 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA as determined by the Delhi Technological University shall be eligible to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible
- 5% relaxation in marks at the level of qualifying degree will be given to SC/ST category students for determining the eligibility conditions to appear in the screening test
- Age Limit: Applicant’s age should be less or equal to 50 years. The age relaxation is also applicable as per the govt rule.
Also See: DTU M.Tech Admission
The selection of applicants will be made on the basis of their performance in the written entrance exam and personal interview conduct by the authority. After qualifying the written exam the short-listed applicants will be invited for the screening test and personal interview round. The written examination will comprise of total 60 questions and each question will be carrying of 1 mark. The weightage of the interview round will be 40%.
DTU PhD Application Procedure 2020
Please ensure that you are filling genuine Application Form available online at DTU website (www.dtuadmissions.nic.in).
Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for DTU for the chosen Programme.
The fee for Registration is as follows:
- 1000/- (for General/OBC Applicants)
- 500/- (for SC/ST/PWD Applicants)
NOTE: Registration Fee once paid is non-refundable.
Bank Service Charges applicable as per rule.
Application Procedure: 3 Simple Steps to be followed to apply online.
Fill the Online Application Form, choose your Password and note down system generated Application Number.
The Applicant should supply all the details while filling the Online Registration Form and also required to choose PASSWORD and Security Question and enter his/her Answer. After successful submission of the data, the Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and also required for all future correspondence. For subsequent logins, the applicant will be able to login directly with his/her respective system generated Application Number and chosen Password.
Upload Scanned Images of Photograph and Signature:
The scanned images of photograph, Signature and other Certificates should be in jpg/jpeg format only.
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4 kb and less than 100 kb.
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb.
Important Instruction about PASSWORD.
During the online form filling, the applicant will be required to choose PASSWORD and Security Question and its Answer. The applicant is advised to record/remember their password for all future logins.
- The Password must be as per the following Password policy.
- Password must be 8 to 13 characters long.
- Password must have at least one Upper case alphabet.
- Password must have at least one Lower case alphabet.
- Password must have at least one numeric value.
- Password must have at least one special characters eg. [email protected]#$%^&*-
For subsequent logins, the applicant will be able to login directly with their respective system generated Application Number and the chosen Password.
The applicant is advised not to disclose or share their password with anybody. Neither DTU nor NIC will be responsible for violation or misuse of the password of an Applicant.
The applicant can change his/her passwords after login if desired.
Applicant should remember to log out at the end of their session so that the particulars of the Applicant cannot be tampered or modified by unauthorized persons.
Check out Entrance Exams
How to reset your Password: The following options are available to reset Password:
- Using Security Question & its Answer you have chosen during Form filling.
- Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to your Registered Mobile No.
- Using a reset link sent via Email to your Registered Email address.
All correspondence related to DTU should be addressed to:
DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY: Shahbad Daulatpur, Bawana Road, Delhi – 110042.
Application no. printed on the computer-generated Acknowledgement Page must be mentioned in all such correspondences. It is therefore essential to note down the application number printed on the Acknowledgement Page.