Facebook Fellowship Program 2020 Notification
Facebook Fellowship Program 2020 – Applications has invited for the Facebook Research Fellowship Program 2020, one of the world prestigious fellowship programs. Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters. Check out the complete details like a deadline, application process, eligibility, etc for Facebook Fellowship 2020.
Facebook Fellowship Deadline 2020
- Application Open 12th August 2019
- The Facebook Fellowship 2020 application is now open and closes on 04th October 2019 at 11:59 pm PST
Check out more Scholarship Programs
About the Facebook Fellowship
- The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
- Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year, and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Stream of Education
- The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award are open to full-time Ph.D. students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering or a related area.
- We are accepting applications from PhD students with research in one of the following areas:
- Computational Photography & Intelligent Cameras
- Computer Vision
- Data Science
- Economics & Computation
- Facebook AI Research
- Human-Computer Interaction & UX
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing & Speech
- Security & Privacy
- Systems & Networking
Check out KC Mahindra Scholarship 2019
Facebook Fellowship Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- First or second year Ph.D. students who fit the criteria of a minority group (that is under-represented) in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Check out Phd Admissions
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters),
- $37K grant [INR 25 Lac], (one-time payment during each academic year),
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support,
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit.
Facebook Scholarship Application Process 2020
The application must include:
- 250-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic advisor.
- If you have any questions or inquiries, please contact us at [email protected]
- National Scholarship Protal
- ONGC Scholarship
- West Bengal Scholarship
- National Scholarship Test 2020
- DAMS Scholarship Test
Facebook Fellowship Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How do I apply?
Answer: The 2020 application will open 12th August 2019.
Question: Are students studying outside of the United States eligible to apply?
Answer: Yes. The fellowship is open to students at all universities both in the United States and in other countries.
Question: Do I need to be a PhD student to be eligible to apply?
Answer: Yes. You must be enrolled in a PhD program to apply for a Facebook Fellowship.
Question: When does the Facebook Fellowship award start?
Answer: The award funds are delivered during the Fall term of the awarded year(s) and conclude at the end of the Spring semester. All award monies and benefits must be collected before the end of the Spring semester of the final year of the fellowship.
Question: If I only have 1 year left of school, can I still apply?
Answer: Yes, you may still apply. You will just receive the tuition and stipend while you are in school.
Question: I am a Facebook AI Resident student, do I qualify for a Facebook Fellowship?
Answer: No, Facebook AI Resident students are ineligible for a Facebook Fellowship.
Question: I can save but I can’t submit my application, what should I do?
Answer: If your application won’t submit, please review to ensure you have filled out all required fields as well as uploaded both documents (your research summary and your CV). If you are still having difficulties, please save your application and double-check that you do not have the Facebook app open on multiple devices. Once closed out of all instances, please return to the application and submit.