FRI University Dehradun M.Sc Courses 2019 Notification
FRI Dehradun MSc Admission 2019: Forest Research Institute (Deemed) University Dehradun has invited applications for admission to M.Sc Courses 2019 at FRI (Deemed) University for 2019 session.
FRI University Programs Details
- M.Sc Forestry (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals)
- M.Sc Wood Science & Tech (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals)
- M.Sc Environment Mgmt (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals)
- M.Sc Cellulose & Paper Technology (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 20 (for Indian)
FRI Dehradun MSc Admission Dates 2019
- Last date of issue of application form by post on March 26th, 2019
- Last date of issue of application form at institute/ bank: March 30th, 2019
- Last date for receiving completed application form April 06th, 2019
- Availability of admit card: April 30th, 2019
- Forest Research institute entrance exam: May 20th, 2019
MSc Eligibility Criteria
- a) M.Sc Forestry: Three years bachelor’s degree in science with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry.
- b) M.Sc Wood Science & Technology: Three years Bachelor’s degree with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry or B.Sc. degree in Forestry.
- c) M.Sc Environment Management: Three years Bachelor’s degree in any branch of basic or applied Sciences or Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or Agriculture or BE/B.Tech in Environment Science.
- d) M.Sc Cellulose & Paper Technology: Three years Bachelors degree in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects or BE/B.Tech (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering); the 2nd year of this course is likely to be conducted at Central Pulp & Paper Research Institute (CPPRI), Saharanpur.
Percentage of Marks (in the qualifying exam): For (a) (b) (c) & (d) Applicants having 50% or above marks in general category and 45% marks for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes may apply.
Age Limit for In-service Applicant
The maximum age limit in respect of in-service applicant to M.Sc Environment Management course shall be 50 years; the age shall be reckoned as on 31st July of the year of admission and no further relaxation will be given in any case.
The minimum age limit for admission to M.Sc courses shall be 19 and 21 years respectively; the age shall be reckoned as on July 31st 2019 and no further relaxation will be given to the applicant.
Out of the above, following seats are reserved for: (a) SC/ST: 15% and 7.5% respectively; (b) Reservation to OBC: will be provided as per the policy of GOI; (c) Handicapped (without mobility restriction & partial deafness): One seat in two courses M.Sc Forestry, M.Sc Environment Management; (d) ICFRE Employee: 5 seats in M.Sc Environment Management.
Centre of Exam: Examination Center is available (1) Dehra Dun (2) Jabalpur (3) Bangalore (4) Kolkata (5) Chandigarh (6) Delhi (7) Lucknow (8) Jodhpur (9) Shimla (10) Ranchi (11) Coimbatore and (12) Jorhat.
FRI Dehradun MSc Application Form 2019
- Information Bulletin and application form can be obtained by post by submitting a Bank Draft for Rs.1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only) payable at Dehradun in favour of Registrar, FRI (Deemed) University, P.O.I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun-248195.
- Application Forms will also be available from the counter of the Union Bank of India (FRI Branch, Dehra Dun).
- The applicant who wants to apply for two or more courses has to fill up the separate form for each course. Information Bulletin/Application forms may also be downloaded from the website http://fri.icfre.gov.in or www.icfre.gov.in