GATE 2020 Application Form | GATE Exam How to apply..?
GATE Application Form 2020: All applicants have to apply via ONLINE only. Please read the details given below before you start the online application process.
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has released the application form for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 at its official website gate.iitd.ac.in. The students can be submitted till 24th September 2019 without late fee, according to the official notification.
The entrance exam is scheduled to be conducted on 01st, 02nd and 08th, 09th February 2020. GATE 2020 exam will be conducted in two shifts, morning shift will be held from 09:30 am to 12:30 pm while the afternoon shift will be held from 02:30 pm to 05:30 pm.
GATE 2020 Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
An online interface is provided for most of the applicant’s interaction with the GATE office. With this interface, an applicant can
- Do Enrollment using “New User Register here”
- Fill the online application form
- Upload photograph and signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from principle, caste certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking
- Check the status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Contact the Zonal GATE office in case of any queries/problems.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface is through your GOAPS Enrolment ID and a GOAPS password. Keep this information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
Steps to fill GATE 2020 Application Form
- Step I: Visit the official website gate.iitd.ac.in
- Step II: Click on the link ‘gate online application portal click here’
- Step III: Click on ‘register here’ at the end of the new page
- Step IV: Fill in details, register
- Step V: Sign-in using registered id
- Step VI: Fill form, upload images
- Step VII: Make payment
GATE 2020 Exam Filling in Application Online
GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) can be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2020 Organizing Institute.
GATE Registration: You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address, mobile number, and a GOAPS password. Choose the email id that you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE Offices will be sent to this address (DO NOT USE ANYBODY ELSE’S e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
GOAPS Password: This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS during the Enrolment. You must remember this along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should NOT be your name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself. The length of the password should be 8 -15 characters.
GOAPS Enrolment ID: Upon registration, an email and SMS containing your GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to you. You need to remember this along with the GOAPS password for all GATE related communications/website operations.
Data Requirement for Application Filling: Before you log in to GOAPS using Enrolment ID and Password, keep the following information ready:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number etc.)
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college)
- GATE paper, choice of GATE Examination Cities
- A high-quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Photograph Requirements
- Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in Signature Specifications.
- Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format only
- Scanned copy of Category / PwD Certificate in pdf format only (if applicable)
- Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
- Your Net-banking login and password to make the application fee payment via online net banking mode. In case you are making the payment through debit card/credit card have the following information like debit card/credit card number, password, CVV number ready with you.
Application Filling: Fill in the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following instructions given there. You may edit the data at this stage if you require. Upload the required soft copy of photo and signature and Certificate from Principal (duly signed and stamped by the Principal). Check the correctness of the photo and signature that are uploaded. If you are not satisfied, you may upload them again.
You will have to select the payment options (details given below) while filling the online form.
The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled the form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. You may address the error messages that may appear on saving the filled-in data.
Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
Problems in Login into GOAPS –This step may be used if the Applicant forgets the password or the Enrolment ID or did not receive the Enrolment ID. Visit the “Problems in Login into GOAPS” link on the GOAPS website.
- In the case of forgotten Enrolment ID or non-receipt of Enrolment ID via email, the Applicant must provide Mobile Number and the GOAPS Password. The Enrolment ID will be sent to the Applicant via SMS.
- In the case of a forgotten password, the Applicant must provide Mobile Number and Enrolment ID, which will be verified and a new GOAPS password will be sent to the Applicant via SMS/email.
- In the case of forgotten both Enrolment ID and as well as password or payment has not been made, the Applicant must re-enroll. If the payment has been made, then the Applicant must contact the Zonal GATE Office.
GATE 2020 Application Fee
All Applicants have to apply only ONLINE. Details of the application fee are shown below. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Male Applicants (General/OBC) 1500/-
- Women Applicants of any category 750/-
- Other Applicants (General/OBC) 1500/-
- SC / ST / PwD* Category Applicants 750/-
* PwD: Person with a Physical Disability
- GATE Eligibility 2020
- GATE Exam Pattern 2020
- Qualifying GATE with the right score
- Online Question Answers for GATE Exam
- GATE Admit Card 2020