Gujarat National Law University PhD Admission 2019
GNLU PhD Admission 2019 – Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) Gandhinagar has invited the application for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy Degree (PhD) Programme in Law & Allied Subjects for the academic session 2019. The GNLU University offered Ph.D. Degree programs in Law and Interdisciplinary Research with Law in Management, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work, History, Science & Technology.
PhD Degree Programs Disciplines
The Gujarat National Law University offers the PhD Degree programs in the following disciplines
- Interdisciplinary Research with Law in the following disciplines
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Science & Technology
GNLU PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Notification: Monday, July 29th, 2019
- Last date of Receipt of Application Form: Thursday, August 22nd, 2019
- Date of Admission Test: Monday, August 26th, 2019
- Available Seats are as follows – Law- 80, Management- 13, Economics-12, Political Science-9, Science and Technology- 11, History-4, Sociology-4, Social Work-4.
Check out more Entrance Exams
GNLU PhD Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must have a Master’s Degree from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale and 50% marks or its equivalent in the case of SC/ST/OBC candidates (non-creamy layer) and Persons with Disability
GNLU PhD Selection Process 2019
- The entrance test will have Multiple Choice Questions in two parts
- Paper I caries 100 Marks and will have Multiple Choice Questions, Common for all Streams. It will include questions from Research Methodology (30 Question X 2 marks each) and English (20 Questions X 2 marks each)
- Paper II will also will have Multiple Choice Questions (50 Question X 2 marks each) for Law Subjects (Constitutional Law; Jurisprudence; International Law; Criminal Law; Commercial Law; Environmental Law) /Allied Subjects
- In Allied Subjects the assessment is on domain knowledge and questions will be based on the subject offered for Ph.D. The fundamentals of the subject in which the candidate has obtained his/her Master Degree shall consist as part of the syllabus of Paper-II
- The applicants who clear the entrance test with 50% score and those exempted from writing the entrance test are required to submit a preliminary research proposal with a statement of the research problem and a literature survey which demonstrates that the research topic is unexplored, and an original scholarly contribution can be made on the same
- The applicants who clear the interview will be provisionally admitted to the Ph.D. programme
- Reservation shall be applicable as per the norms
- Proposals in the allied areas may be considered subject to the availability of supervisors and the area of interest. Admissions shall only be made if a research proposal is found to be satisfactory and suitable
- The University reserves the right not to admit candidates in any specialization if the proposal is not found to be research worthy.
GNLU PhD Application Form 2019
- Application form and other details related to the Programme are available at https://gnlu.ac.in/GNLU/Ph.D.-Programme Application should be downloaded and filled as directed
- The offline application should be sent filled along with the enclosures [(i) an attested photocopy of mark sheets (Graduation, Post-Graduation, M.Phi l(if applicable); A passport size photograph; Demand Draft for Rs.1000/-; UGC-NET/ SLET Certificate; NOC from Employer for Part-time applicants; Publications/ Presentations) and Demand Draft of Rs.1000/-, drawn in favour of Gujarat National Law University, Payable at Ahmedabad]; by Registered Post or delivered personally to reach ‘Registrar, Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Koba (Sub P.O.), Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India, 382426’ latest by 05.00 pm on 22nd August 2019.