HPSAT 2019: HPSAT was known as Hyderabad Business School Admission Test. HPSAT 2019 is a university level entrance test for admissions in MBA programs offered by GITAM Hyderabad Business School. Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test is conducted by Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus. The entrance exam is a gateway for admission to two years full-time MBA Program approved by UGC, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi. Applicants having valid MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT scores will be exempted from HBSAT 2019. The final selection of Applicants will be based on the aggregate of the best test score and Group Discussion and Personal Interview scores.
HBSAT 2019 Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test Notification
The exact dates for HBSAT 2019 have not been announced, however, going by the previous year’s trend, the entrance exam shall be scheduled in January 2019.
Check out MBA Admission 2019
HBSAT 2019 Exam Dates
Notification will be released on the university official website. The following table shows HBSAT 2019 Dates (tentatively):
|Availability of online Application Form||November 2018|
|Last date of submission of online application form||Mid-December 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||January 2019|
|Date of 2019||January 2019|
|Declaration of Result||March 2019|
HBSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
HBSAT eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants willing to apply to the MBA Program must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline. The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the Applicant must entail a minimum of three years education after completing higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent.
- Applicants in their final year of their Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent can also apply, provided they furnish the proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria by August 20, 2019.
- The Applicant may be from any discipline such as Engineering, Humanities, Commerce, and Economics, Medicine or any other branch of education.
- Applicants with relevant work experience as also fresh graduates awaiting results are eligible.
- Applicants with valid MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT scores are exempted from HBSAT.
- The entrance test conducted by Hyderabad Business School, HBSAT 2019 is compulsory for those applicants who have not taken any of the other valid tests and is optional for those who already possess any of the above scores.
- Foreign students and NRI sponsored Applicants are also eligible and are required to take the GMAT at a test centre outside India.
Age Limit: There is no age limit stated to be eligible for the exam.
Also see: CAT 2018 Notification
Appear for HBSAT 2019
Once the Applicant has registered successfully for the exam, he/she can appear for the same. The exam will likely be held in January 2019 and will be conducted in an online mode. When appearing for the exam, Applicants must be well-prepared on sections like Data sufficiency, Mathematical Ability, Communication & Business Aptitude, English, and Reasoning.
HBSAT Application Form 2019
Aspirants willing to appear for HBSAT need to fill the application form. HBSAT 2019 application process is expected to begin in November 2018. To fill the application form, Applicants need to visit the official website. It must be kept in mind that the application form should be filled correctly and completely. Incomplete forms/ forms carrying incorrect details/information will be rejected by the officials.
The application form can be obtained from the University’s official website. It must be noted that the application form cannot be sent by post or courier. The application form will be available on the website in November. Before filling the form, the Applicant must check whether he/she is eligible or not for appearing in the exam.
Brochure and Application Form can be obtained by payment of Rs. 700/- through the following means, within the datelines soon to be released.
By post (enclosing DD or pay order drawn in favor of “GITAM Hyderabad Business School Receipts” payable at Hyderabad)
The application form can be filled by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab on the homepage
- Enter Personal details, scores of MAT/ GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ NMAT, Registration number, choice of exam center, educational background, work experience (if any)
- The exam fee, Rs.700/- can be paid through cash/Demand Draft. Particulars of the DD/ Cash receipt need to be enclosed. The DD needs to be drawn in favor of “GITAM Hyderabad Business School Receipts” payable at Hyderabad
- Along with the application form, enclose photocopies of the following documents
- Provisional certificates and mark sheets of 10th and 12th or qualifying examination
- Scorecard of MAT/ GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ NMAT
- Admit cards of MAT/ GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ NMAT
- Enclose the copy of DD
HBSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The entrance exam paper will consist of 100 questions
- The questions will be spread across 5 sections, namely, Data sufficiency, Mathematical Ability, Communication & Business Aptitude, English, Reasoning
- Time allotted to the Applicants will be 90 minutes
- 1 mark will be allotted for every correct answer
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers
The composition of the test is as follows:
Number of Questions
|Communication & Business Aptitude||20|
HBSAT Admit Card 2019
The HBSAT 2019 admit card is an important document that needs to be carried to the exam hall. Applicants must note that the admit card will be issued only to those Applicants who register successfully for the exam. The admit card will be uploaded by the University on its official website in January 2019.
To be able to download the admit card, Applicants must be ready with their respective Registration Number and Date of Birth (as filled in the application form). The below-mentioned steps need to be followed to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website
- Look for the download admit card link on the homepage
- Applicants will be redirected to the admit card page
- Fill the Registration Number and Date of Birth and submit
- As soon as the Applicant will submit the correct details, the admit card will appear on the screen as a pdf file
- Applicants need to download the admit card and take a print out of the same
HBSAT 2019 Exam Center
HBSAT 2019 exam will be conducted at 24 different cities.
The following table shows the location of the different HBSAT 2019 Exam Centre: Besides Hyderabad, the selection process is normally conducted at other centers including Bhubaneswar, Bellary, Bengaluru, Chennai, Coimbatore, Gulbarga, Kozhikode, Patna, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Raipur, Kolkata, Kathmandu, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Jalpaiguri, Pune, Trivandrum, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Visakhapatnam and Warangal.
HBSAT 2019 Result
HBSAT result is expected to be declared within one month from the date of exam. The result will be displayed on the official website. To check the same, Applicants need to visit the official website and click on the link reflecting ‘Result’. The result will be displayed in pdf format. Applicants are advised to take a printout of the same.
Group Discussion & Personal Interview
Test-takers who qualify the exam will be called to attend the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. The final selection of students will be done on the basis of the scores obtained in the entrance test/National level exams, GD & PI.
HBSAT Counselling 2019
Once the final list of students is prepared, a counselling session will be conducted where documents required at the time of admission will be verified. Applicants must note that it is important to be present in person for the counselling.