HP MBBS BDS Admission 2019 through NEET – Counselling, Dates
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2019: Himachal Pradesh University has invited online applications from NEET qualified Applicants for admission into MBBS and BDS Courses for the year session 2019-20 (based on the merit of NEET-UG-2019). Applicants have to be compelled to note that the admission into the medical faculties of Himachal Pradesh is extremely dependent on the NEET 2019 examination. Hence, it’s fully necessary that the applicants who would like to participate within the H.P. MBBS Admission process 2019 appear for the NEET 2019 examination.
Eligible applicants who wish to get admission in the state quota need to appear for the NEET UG Exam 2019. Check out the complete details about the Himachal Pradesh MBBS and BDS Admission 2019 on this post below like important dates, eligibility criteria, the application process, fees and more.
- Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) Shimla (on behalf of the Government of Himachal Pradesh Department of Medical Education & Research – DMER)
- Centralized Counselling Under-Graduate Medical/Dental Courses for admission to MBBS & BDS Courses Based on Merit of NEET UG 2019 Session 2019-20
Duration of Courses in the Colleges
- M.B.B.S.: 5 ½ years
- B.D.S.: 5 Years
Check out MBBS Admission
Himachal Pradesh MBBS BDS Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start Date for Application: June 25th, 2019
- Last Date for Application: June 29th, 2019
- Time for correcting errors in the form: June 30th, 2019 (up to 3.00 pm)
- Date of displaying the category wise Provisional Merit List: July 02nd, 2019
- Dates of 1st Round of centralized counseling for admission in Govt. Medical/Dental Colleges including Private Medical/Dental Colleges: 05th to 11th July 2019
- Last date for joining the allotted College & Course: July 12th, 2019
- Dates of the 2nd round of centralized counselling for filling up of vacant seats: 25th to 28th July 2019
- Last date for joining for the Applicants allotted seats in 2nd round of counselling: August 03rd, 2019
- Mop- up round of Centralized Counselling (Ist Mop-up round for BDS): 07th and 08th August 2019
- Last date of Joining for the Applicants allotted seats in Mop-up Round: August 12th, 2019
- Forwarding the list of students in order of merit equalling to ten times the numbers of vacant seats to the Medical College by the counselling authority: August 13th, 2019
- Commencement of Academic Session: August 01st, 2019
- Last date of joining the course/college (MBBS): August 18th, 2019
- Second Mop-up Round of Counselling for BDS Course: September 06th, 2019
- Last date of joining the college/course (BDS): September 11th, 2019
- Forwarding the list of students in order of merit equalling to ten times the numbers of vacant seats to the Dental Colleges by the counselling authority: September 12th, 2019
- Last date of joining to BDS Course: September 15th, 2019
Check out Dental Courses
Eligibility Criteria for HP MBBS BDS Admission 2019
General Criteria for eligibility for State Quota Seats:
- Only the Applicants who have qualified the NEET UG 2019 shall be eligible to apply online for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses through centralized counselling in Government Medical/Dental Colleges including State Quota Seats in Private un-aided Medical/Dental Colleges situated in Himachal Pradesh subject to the fulfilment of eligibility criteria prescribed
Specific Criteria for eligibility:
- The following categories of Applicants shall be eligible for the State Quota Seats:
- The children of bonafide/domicile Himachalis who have passed at least two exams (out of middle or equivalent/matric or equivalent/10+1 or equivalent/10+2 or equivalent) from the recognized schools or colleges situated in the State of Himachal Pradesh and affiliated to ICSE/CBSE/HPBOSE or equivalent Boards/Universities established by law in India.
- Provided that the bonafide/domicile Himachalis students who are admitted to Navodya Schools situated in Himachal Pradesh and who have passed matric or +2 examinations under the exchange program from other Navodya Schools in the Country shall also be eligible for admission to the above courses.
- The employee should be working for a period of continuous two years within the State of Himachal Pradesh in preceding four years 18 on or before 1st January of the year of passing 10+2 examinations and;
- His or her child should have passed 10+1 (or equivalent and 10+2 (or equivalent) from the recognized schools or colleges situated in the State of Himachal Pradesh and affiliated to ICSE/CBSE/HPBOSE or equivalent Boards/Universities established by law in India.
Eligibility Criteria for Management Quota Seats
- The Management Quota Seats in Private un-aided Medical/Dental Colleges in the State of Himachal Pradesh shall be filled up from the qualified Applicants of NEET UG 2019 in order of common merit drawn by the University for which there will be no condition of schooling and Bonafide Himachali/Domicile. Under this quota, both Himachali and Non-Himachali (Indian National) interested Applicants can apply online for admission to MBBS/BDS courses through Centralized Counselling subject to fulfillment of minimum educational qualification and age etc. as prescribed in the prospectus
Educational Qualifications & Other Conditions
- Applicants should have passed in any one of the following qualifying examinations at the time of first round of counselling:
- The Higher/Senior Secondary Exam or the Indian School Certificate Exam which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Exam after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology(which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education
- Applicants who have passed 10+2 from open School as private Applicants shall not be eligible for admission. Furthermore, the study of Biology/Biotechnology as an Additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible. However, as per NEET-UG-2019 prospectus issued by the National Testing Agency, the following provision is hereby made subject to the final outcome on the pending petitions:
- The Medical Council of India has preferred Special Leave Petitions before the Hon’ble Supreme Court and Appeals in the Hon’ble High Courts. Therefore, the candidatures of Applicants in the NEET-UG-2019 who have passed the qualifying examinations i.e. 10+2 from National Institute of Open Schooling or State Open Schools or as private Applicants from recognized State Boards; or with Biology/Biotechnology as additional subject shall be allowed but subject to the outcome of Special Leave Petitions/Appeals filed by the Medical Council of India.
- B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology(Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- Any other examinations which in scope and standard (Last 2 years of 10+2 study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology; Which shall include practical test in these subjects) is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- She/he has completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the first year MBBS/BDS course.
- The upper age limit is 25 years as on the date of the exam with the relaxation of 5 years for Applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016
- For Applicants of Unreserved & Other category born on or between 05.05.1994 and 31.12.2002
- For Applicants of SC/ST/OBC/PH category born on or between 05.05.1989 and 31.12.2002
MBBS/BDS Seat Intake
- Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla: 100
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College, Kangra at Tanda: 100
- Dr. YSP Government Medical College, Nahan, Distt. Sirmour: 100
- Lal Bahadur Shastri government Medical College, Nerchowk, Distt. Mandi: 100
- Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru Government Medical College, Chamba: 100
- H.P Government Dental College & Hospital, Sunder Nagar, Dist. Mandi: 60
- MN DAV Dental College Tatul, Dist. Solan: 60
- Bhojia Dental College & Hospital Budh (Nalagarh) Dist. Solan: 60
- Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences, Paonta Sahib, District Sirmour: 100
- The above seat distribution is provisional and subject to change, if any, by the State Government on or before the first round of counseling
- College-wise and category-wise distribution of 85 % State Quota Seats in H.P. Government Dental College, Shimla and 50% State Quota Seats in Private un-aided Dental Colleges
HP MBBS BDS Merit List
- H.P. University will draw and notify a combined as well as category–wise merit list on the basis of All India merit ranking of NEET UG 2019 of the qualified Applicants who have submitted their application form online only complete in all respects and has obtained the print out of confirmation copy of the said online form within stipulated period as mentioned in the prospectus
- The new ranks in order of merit will be assigned to the Applicants in the merit list to be notified by the University for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in Government Medical/Dental Colleges including private un-aided Medical/Dental Colleges for filling up under State Quota & Management Quota seats in private un-aided Medical/Dental Colleges, as the case, maybe
- The said merit list will be available on the University Website hpuniv.ac.in or www.admissions.hpushimla.in
HP MBBS Admission 2019 Counselling Schedule & Admission Procedure
- There will be a counselling system to allow the available seats in order of merit-cum-choice of the Applicants by personal appearance as per combined as well as category-wise merit list of the qualified Applicants drawn by the H.P. University on the basis of All India merit of NEET-UG-2019 of those qualified Applicants who have submitted their application forms online with requisite fee successfully to the H.P. University within the stipulated period which will be made available on the University Website.
- The admission process in the Govt. Medical/Dental Colleges including Private Medical/ Dental Colleges (State & Management Quota) will be completed within the prescribed schedule through a Centralized Counselling Committee constituted by the 30 Govt. of Himachal Pradesh under the Chairmanship of the Director Medical Education & Research, H.P. Shimla-9
HP MBBS BDS Admission 2019 Application Fee
- Fee for MBBS/BDS online application form is Rs.2000/- for General/NRI/OBC & Other Categories and Rs.1000/- for SC/ST/PH Categories
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Application Procedure 2019
- The application form for the Himachal Pradesh MBBS & BDS admission 2019 is available in the online mode on the official website of the H.P University hpuniv.ac.in
- Log on to website admissions.hpushimla.in or www.hpuniv.ac.in and Applicant must download the prospectus and replica of ONLINE application form in order to read it carefully to satisfy his/her eligibility criteria and other requirements for submission of the online application form.
Before proceeding to apply online, please ensure that you have:
- Scanned copy of Applicant’s recent photograph with following specifications.
- The photograph should be informal.
- The photograph must be a passport size colour picture having a maximum size of
- The photograph must be taken in full face view directly facing the camera
- The photograph should have no shadows and red eyes.
- Photo format should be .jpg or .jpeg only
- The filename should be of 10 character maximum
Scanned copy of Applicant’s signature with following specifications
- Applicant should sign with black ink on a white paper and get the signature scanned
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person
- Maximum size of 100 kb
- The scanned signature format should be jpg or jpeg only.
- The filename should be of 10 character maximum
Upload documents with following specifications
- Applicant should upload only one document (NEET-UG-2019 Result Card) of the maximum size of the document will be 2 MB which is mandatory
- Document format should be in PDF format only
- Document/file name should be of 10 character maximum.
- Create an email account, if you already don’t have one.
- You must give the correct mobile number in personal details. If you don’t have a mobile number, please enter your parent/guardian’s mobile number in order to communicate any important information to you.
Procedure for Submission of Online Application Form
- Click on “Under Graduate” to access the list of programs.
- Before clicking on the program, please click on the instructions for filling the online application form, a pdf file will be opened kindly read carefully.
- Click on the program name for which you are willing to apply i.e. “MBBS/BDS Admission’.
- After clicking on the program a pop up will be opened for terms and conditions.
- Kindly check the terms and conditions. After that, you will be re-directed to the personal information page.
- The online Application form has the following subsequent information:
- Personal Information
- Education and Document Details
- Application Summary
- Submit the application form.
- Please, fill the personal information first. After filling up the personal information click on the save button at the end of the page. The system will generate the Unique Registration number along with password and the same will be sent on the registered e-mail and on registered mobile number. Applicants are advised to note the same.
- Applicants are required to fill their information in above-mentioned web pages. All mandatory fields are marked with red star.
- After registration (filling up personal information-Receiving of Unique Registration Number and Password), Click on “Under-Graduate” on the home page and Click on “Click here for Student Login”.
- Login with unique registration number along with password and you will get all the earlier submitted information in personal information page, now you have to complete the steps.
- Applicants are required to fill all information required in different sections like education and document details.
- Fill up the educational details and upload the related document(s). Uploaded Photo and Signature should be as per specifications, kindly refer to section (a) at the starting of the document.
- To save the data, please click on the ‘Continue and Save’ button at the bottom of each screen.
- Steps for making Online Application Fee Payment :
- If you select online payment mode, click on “Make Payment”
- On the next page select your payment gateway–Choose HDFC Bank/SBI after that Click on ‘Continue for Payment’
- Choose among the given options (Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking etc., please check the available banks and card types.
- Fill the required card details carefully and DO NOT PRESS REFRESH or BACK BUTTON, while making the payment.
- If the payment is successfully done, you will receive a success message with all the details, below the message there is a button “Click here to go to Final Submit Page’’. Click on the button, you will be re-directed to finally submit the application.
- Click on the ‘Submit Application Form’ button to get the form finally submitted.
- After successful remittance of fee, the system will generate for final submission to print out the confirmation copy of the online application form and the same shall be submitted along with required certificates/documents by the Applicant in person on the day of counseling.
- Failure to complete any of the step of online application form and payment of fee as per the requirement of online process, final submission of online application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful in all modes of payment.
- Generation of confirmation page confirms the correctness and final submission of the application form. If the confirmation page has not been generated, this means that the application has not submitted successfully.