HPU Shimla MCA Admission 2020 through Entrance Exam
HPU MCA Entrance Exam 2020: Department of Computer Science, Himachal Pradesh University (Shimla) has been invited applications for the Entrance Test for MCA Admission of the academic year 2020 session.
MCA Seats: Subsidized seats 30 + 01 (Reserved for a single child who is a girl), Non-subsidized seats 90, Total seats 120 + 01.
Eligibility Criteria for HPU MCA Admission 2020
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50 per cent marks (45 per cent in case of SC/ST) from a University established by law in India, with Mathematics at +2 levels. (Or)
- BCA/B.Sc (IT)/ B.Sc (Computer Science)/any graduate with computers as one of the subject in all the three years of graduation with at least 50 per cent marks (45 per cent in case of SC/ST) from a University established by law in India.
- The Vice-Chancellor may permit age relaxation up to a maximum of six months.
HPU MCA Entrance Exam Dates 2020 (Tentative)
- Online filling up of MCA Entrance Application form commences from April 2020
- Last date for filling up the ONLINE MCA Entrance Application Form: 3rd week of May 2020
- The last date for submitting the hard copy of MCA Entrance Application Form in the office of Computer Science Dept. by Post (through registered post only) or by hand is: May 2020
- Admit Cards download begins on with effect from 4th week of May 2020
- Date of HPU MCA Entrance Exam: May 31st 2020 (tentative)
- Declaration of Result: 3rd week of June 2020
- Schedule of Counselling (Subsidized Seats): 01st week of July 2020
- Schedule of Counselling (Non-Subsidized Seats): 2nd week of July 2020
- Schedule of Counselling to Regional Centre Dharmashala: 3rd week of July 2020
Check out more Entrance Exams
HPU MCA Admission Procedure 2020
The admission to MCA course will be made on the basis of merit of the Entrance Examination (written test) conducted by HP University.
The written test will consist of one paper of 130 marks and of 2 hours duration and shall include the following four sections:
- Section-A: General logical ability & aptitude – 40 marks.
- Section-B: Mathematics of +2 level 50 marks.
- Section: C: Basics of Computer and its Awareness – 25 marks.
- Section-D: General English – 15 marks.
The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Examination (written test) for subsidized as well as non-subsidized seats will be 35 per cent i.e. 46 marks out of a total of 130 marks & no minimum qualifying marks limit in case of SC/ST.
HPU MCA Exam Centres
Himachal Pradesh University 2020 Entrance Test for admission to the MCA course shall be held at the following centres:
- H.P. University Campus, Summer Hill, Shimla
- Government College, Mandi
- Government College, Hamirpur
- H.P. University Regional Centre, Dharamshala, Kangra
The University reserves the right to allot any examination centre to the applicant irrespective of the choice given by the applicant.
HPU Shimla MCA Application Form 2020
For both Subsidized and Non-Subsidized seats in H.P. University Campus & Colleges:
- HPU 2020 MCA Application Form can be downloaded from the HP University Website website http://hpucs.ac.in or http://hpuniv.nic.in
- Duly filled in the application form, the fee (in the form of demand draft or IPO), Admit Card along with postage stamps of Rs.6/- affixed on it in the space provided must reach “The Chairman, Department of Computer Science, HP University, Shimla-5”.
- The fee deposited will not be refundable under any circumstances.
- The applicants are required to submit the fee in the form of a demand draft (DD) or IPO of Rs.1000/- for general category and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/IRDP/ANTODAYA in favour of Chairman, Department of Computer Science, H.P. University, Shimla Payable at Shimla.
- The applicant must write his/her name and father’s name on the back of the demand draft as well as on the IPOs.
- The applicant must specifically mention in the application form that whether she/he is interested in Subsidized Seats or Non-Subsidized Seats or both type of seats for admission to HP University Campus.
- The applicant must write his/her name and father’s name on the back of the demand draft as well as IPOs.
- The applicant has to submit duly attested copies of the following certificates at the time of attending the counselling/interview; proof of age (matriculation/10th class certificate); 10+2 certificate; graduation certificate; category certificate (SC/ST/IPDP/Antodaya), if applicable; single girl child affidavit, if applicable; H.P. bonafide certificate in case of SC/ST applicants; certificate of physical handicapped.
HPU MCA Counselling 2020
- The counselling shall be held in the H.P. University campus for admission to the MCA Course 2020. The applicants are required to check the website of the Department (www.hpucs.ac.in) or http://hpuniv.nic.in for the results, merit list and counselling schedules.
- No separate result cards and intimation regarding counselling shall be sent to the applicants.
- The counselling shall be held strictly as per the duly published counselling schedule posted on the website. The applicant has to attend the counselling in person along with all the original testimonials such as Date of Birth (DOB) proof, 10+2, graduation, bonafide resident, proof of only child who is a girl, proof of category etc.
In case the applicant does not attend the counselling as per the schedule, his/her candidature for MCA seat automatically stands cancelled.
- HPU MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020
- HPU MSc Biotechnology and Microbiology Admission 2020
- HPU M.Tech Computer Science Admission 2020
- Admission Notifications