HPU Shimla MSc Biotechnology and MSc Microbiology Courses Admission 2020
HPU MSc Biotechnology and Microbiology Admission 2020: Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) Shimla has invited applications from the eligible applicants for admission to 2 years M.Sc Biotechnology and M.Sc Microbiology Courses for 2020 sessions.
Course Duration: The duration of M.Sc Biotechnology/Microbiology course will be for two years.
Check out more MSc Admission
Number of Seats
- Dept. of Biotechnology HPU Shimla – (M.Sc Biotechnology: Nil, M.Sc Microbiology: 30+1)
- Shoolini Institute of Life Sciences & Business Mgt., Solan – (M.Sc Biotechnology: 40 Seats; M.Sc Microbiology: 40 Seats)
- Himachal Institute of Life Sciences, Poanta – (M.Sc Biotechnology: Nil & M.Sc Microbiology: 40 Seats)
- Central Research Institute, Kasauli, Solan – (M.Sc Biotechnology: Nil & M.Sc Microbiology: +5 Seats)
- Gautam Girls College, Hamirpur (HP) – (M.Sc Biotechnology: Nil & M.Sc Microbiology: 30 Seats)
Total Seats Available – (M.Sc Biotechnology: 40 & M.Sc Microbiology: 150+5)
Eligibility Criteria for HPU MSc Biotechnology and Microbiology Courses
Educational qualification for M.Sc Biotechnology: Applicant should have passed a Bachelor Degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Science in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary and Fisheries Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering / Technology, 4 years B.S. (Physician Assistant Course) or Medicine (MBBS) or BDS from any Institute/University recognized by the H.P., Shimla/UGC, New Delhi with at least 55% marks for general and other categories and 50% for SC/ST category applicants.
Educational qualification for M.Sc Microbiology: Applicant should have passed a Bachelor degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Science with any of the subjects i.e. Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, Molecular Biology and Botany or Zoology or MBBS/B.V.Sc from any Institute/University recognized by the HPU Shimla / UGC, New Delhi with at least 50% marks for General & Other Category and 45% for SC/ ST category applicants.
Age/Date of birth
Male applicants should not be more than 26 years; female applicants should not be more than 28 years and SC/ST applicants not more than 29 years of age as on 01st July 2020 of the year 2020.
Reservation of Seats
- Out of the total seats, 15% of the seats shall be reserved for SC and 7.5% ST; these applicants must, however, qualify the entrance exam.
- Further, the SC/ST applicants will be required to produce, in original, a certificate issued by a competent authority at the time of counseling, failing which they will not be considered for the admission.
- Two supernumerary seats at HPU Campus (M.Sc Microbiology), Shimla shall be available for a ‘Single Girl Child’ having a Himachal Pradesh bonafide/domicile certificate.
- One seat for Physically Challenged Applicants of Himachali Domicile, subject to the HP University Notification for one additional seat each of SGC & PHC.
Entrance Exam Fees
- Examination Fee Rs.1000/- Practical Exam Fee Rs.500/-
University Registration Fee
- H.P. Board/ H.P. University Student Rs.100/-
- Other Students Rs.500/-
HPU MSc Biotechnology and Microbiology Application Form 2020
- The Prospectus along with the application forms is available on the websites www.hpuniv.nic.in or www.hpuniv.in.
- The last date for submission of duly filled application forms along with a fee of Rs.1500/- (General Category) or Rs.750/- (for SC/ST Category) by the applicants is 3rd week of May 2020.
- The applicant in his/her own handwriting shall in all respect fill application Forms for entrance test placed in the prospectus.
- Completely filled Application Form along with appropriate enclosures if any must be sent to the Chairperson/Coordinator, Department of Biotechnology, Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Shimla-171005 preferably by Registered post/Speed post or shall be submitted in person in the office by the prescribed last date, as notified in the prospectus.
- The photograph affixed on the Application form, Identification card and Admit card should be same; the photograph(s), as well as appended testimonials, shall be self-attested.
- In case the applicant submits the Application form, Identification card and Admit card without getting his/her the screening committee may reject photograph self-attested as mentioned above, the application form.
- Hence, it shall be the sole responsibility of the applicant to comply with the instructions as above.
Important Dates for HPU MSc Biotechnology and Microbiology Admission 2020
- Submission of Online Application Form(s) Start Date: April 2020
- Submission of Online Application Form(s) End Date: 3rd week of May 2020
- Last Date for Submission of Duly Filled Complete Application Form in the Dept. of Biotechnology, HPU is 3rd week of May 2020 (04.00 PM)
Date of Entrance Exam:
- M.Sc. Biotechnology (HPU Campus, CEEB-JNU) as per schedule approved by JNU
- M.Sc. Biotechnology: May 2020 (10.00 AM)
- M.Sc. Microbiology: May 2020 (02.30 PM)
- The venue of Entrance Test: HPU Campus (Shimla), as per allotted Centre mentioned on the Admit Card
- Tentative Date of Declaration of Result/Merit List for M.Sc. Biotechnology: June 2020
- Tentative Date of Declaration of Result/Merit List for M.Sc. Microbiology: June 2020
Start of session:
- M.Sc. Biotechnology: July 2020
- M.Sc. Microbiology: July 2020
Admission shall be made through counseling to be conducted by the Counseling Committee as per the schedule prescribed in the prospectus under the “Important dates and instructions at a glance”. The qualified applicants as per merit rank as Clause 7.4 should attend the counseling at Himachal Pradesh University or any other participating Institute-designated for this purpose as per prescribed schedule for which no separate communication will be sent to the applicants. All queries regarding admission/ counseling etc. be addressed to the above office.
The qualified applicants are required to attend the counseling as per the schedule is already given for which no separate communication will be sent. The applicants are required to bring original documents i.e. Bonafide Himachali Certificate, detailed marks certificate of qualifying exams, certificate for SC/ST Category if any, High School Certificate (10th Class) showing the date of birth, character certificate from the Institution last attended and their attested true copies and other certificates along with Form numbers 2 & 2A separately according to the course applied for. No call letters for attending the counseling will be sent individually to the applicants appearing in the merit list. The merit list along with all other relevant records will be handed over by the University to the participating private institutions for admissions of the applicants allocated to them. The admission will be made strictly according to the merit list supplied by the University if the applicant is otherwise eligible.
It’s the sole responsibility of the participating institutions to seek the affiliation with Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Shimla to run the M.Sc. Biotechnology and/ or M.Sc. Microbiology program(s) at their respective institution(s) for the session 2019-2020.