Junior Research Fellowship 2019 at ICHR Delhi
ICHR JRF 2019 Junior Research Fellowship: Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR), New Delhi has invited application for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for the PhD Courses for 2019 sessions.
The selected fellows will be awarded fellowship of Rs.17600/- per month plus contingency grant of Rs.16500/- per annum for a period of two years.
ICHR JRF Dates 2019
- Online Submission of JRF Application Opens on December 01st, 2018
- Last date for online submission: December 30th, 2018
- Last date for submitting printouts of applications submitted online: January 10th, 2019
- The JRF Stage I online entrance test will be held on January 20th, 2019 (11-00am to 1-00pm)
- Declaration of Stage I result on the ICHR Website: January 25th, 2019
- Presentation and Interview (Stage II): 14th – 16th February 2019
JRF Eligibility Criteria
- Only applicants who have got at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognized by the UGC in History / Archaeology / Musicology are eligible to apply for Junior Research Fellowship.
- The aspirants belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Scheduled Caste (SC), physically challenged categories who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this fellowship and aspirants who are admitted to a PhD program in History and its allied subjects can apply for Fellowship (JRF).
Check out Phd Admission 2019
JRF Exam Format
- 30 Objective type questions for one mark each (Total 30 marks).
- Total 12 Short Essay type questions out of which any 06 questions should be attempted in about 100 words each. Each question carries 05 marks (Total 30 marks).
- Total 06 Long Essay type questions out of which any 02 questions should be attempted in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks (Total 40 marks).
- In the question paper cum Answer Sheet booklet, sufficient blank sheets are provided for answering essay type questions also. No additional sheets are permitted.
The period of the Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of Two years.
Award of JRF will be based on a Written Entrance Test only.
ICHR JRF 2019 Application Form – How to Apply?
- Eligible and interested scholars may apply online through the ICHR website www.ichr.ac.in.
- The hard copy of the application generated after filling of the online application (with the auto-generated number) duly signed should be submitted.
- The applicant must attach self-attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience and signed copy of checklist etc., and send by post to the following address Member Secretary, Indian Council of Historical Research, No. 35 Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001.
- Application Fee of Rs.200/- shall be paid in the form of a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of the DDO, ICHR, (payable at Delhi) (candidates belonging to SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PWD) category are exempted from payment of the fee).
- Submission of application both online and the printout of the same along with computer generated unique ID number is mandatory. Hard copies of applications without unique Id number will not be accepted.
ICHR JRF Exam Pattern
- The examination will be conducted in two Stages.
- Stage I examination will be conducted online and will consist of 100 Objective type questions. Each question will carry 01 mark (Total 100 marks).
- There will be no negative marking.
- The applicant has to choose his/her area of specialization (Ancient/ Medieval/ Modern India) at the time of filling online JRF application form. All the questions in the question paper will be based on the area of specialization opted by the applicant in the application form.
- The applicants shortlisted on the basis of merit of Stage I examination will be called for the Presentation and Interview.
- Each shortlisted applicant will have to make a Presentation based on his/her registered PhD research topic (8-10 minutes, preferably PowerPoint) followed by an interview.
- Presentation and Interview will carry a maximum of 60 marks.
- All shortlisted applicants should bring their Hall Tickets issued for Stage I entrance exam while coming for the Presentation and Interview.
Indian Council of Historical Research
(An Autonomous Organization), MHRD, Govt. of India, ICHR New Delhi, 35 Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001, Phone No.: +91-11-23382321, Email: [email protected], Website www.ichr.ac.in.