ICMR announces Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019: ICMR Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme is being instituted to foster high-quality research opportunities to promising fresh PhD/ MD/MS holders in the cutting edge areas of basic science, communicable and non-communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition at ICMR Institutes /Centers.
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Application for Scholarship is December 31st, 2019
Check out AIIMS Fellowship Program 2020
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship Details
- ICMR intends to offer fifty (50) such fellowships every year for working in ICMR Institutes/Centers with state-of-art R&D facilities.
- These fellowships will be allocated by the Director-General, ICMR, depending upon the needs of the Institute/Centre.
Eligibility Criteria for ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019
- Fresh PhDs/MD/MS within three years of completing their Ph.D./MD/MS degree (awarded) and also those who have received their provisional Ph.D./MD/MS degree PDF Guide should be having the minimum designation of Scientist-C grade.
- Postgraduate medical students are also permitted to carry out ICMR’s PDF in MCI recognized postgraduate medical colleges wherein a minimum of three batches has obtained their postgraduate degree.
- ICMR PDF is open to Indian nationals only.
- Two years only and extendable for maximum one more year based on outstanding performance and recommendations by the Director/Officer-in-Charge of the concerned ICMR Institutes/ Centers.
- In the event of the PDF leaving before completing one year, he/she will have to refund the fellowship drawn by him/her from the date of joining to the date of leaving the fellowship.
Maximum Age Limit
32 years, relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/OBC/PH and women applicants, as on the last date of application (30th June and 31st December). For deserving applicants, age can be relaxed maximum up to a maximum of 3 years based on earlier work done, publications, awards, etc. along with the request by sponsoring Director/Director-in-Charge. Director-General, ICMR may consider and relax on the recommendation of the screening committee.
- ICMR PDFs will be paid a consolidated fellowship of Rs. 50,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA), Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) as admissible and a contingency grant of Rs. 3.0 lakhs per annum.
- 25% of the contingency grant can be used for travel including per diem expenses.
Check out Teach for India Fellowship 2020
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship Selection Process 2019
- Selection of the “ICMR Centenary Post Doctoral Fellows” will be made through interviews of shortlisted applicants by specially constituted Selection Committee by DG, ICMR based on their publications, citations and its impact factor.
- The place of the interview will be ICMR Hqrs. New Delhi.
- Eligible applicants must route their applications through the sponsoring ICMR Institutes/ Centers. Applicants coming from abroad may also be considered in absentia, if eligible and found suitable by the Committee.
Accommodation and other benefits
- Accommodation may be provided by ICMR Institutes/Centers if available. However, in such cases, HRA will not be paid.
- ICMR PDFs will be entitled to medical benefits and leave as per the ICMR rules for JRF/Research Associates.
Check out Prime Ministers Research Fellowship
ICMR Post Doctoral Research Fellowship Application Form 2019
- Please read the instructions, given above carefully before filling the Application Form (Annexure-I).
- Applications complete in all respect must reach on or before the closing date (as mentioned above).
- Applicants are advised to contact the Director/Officer-in-Charge of ICMR Institutes/Centers where they are interested to pursue their PDF.
- Applicants can visit the website of the particular ICMR Institute/Center to know the activities of the Institutes/Centers and their mandates.
- Application received without the recommendation of the Director /Officer-in-charge of the sponsoring ICMR institutes/centers will not be considered.
- The completed applications should be accompanied by all the requisite documents.
- You are requested to go through the ‘checklist’ of documents given below, before submitting the application. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
Check out more Scholarship Programs