IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020 (January) – Application Form, Dates
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020 – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi has announced the B.Ed Entrance Exam for January 2020 admission session. Online Applications are invited from interested applicants for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) for January 2020 Session. Check out the complete details like dates, eligibility criteria, courses fees and more for IGNOU B.Ed Admissions 2020.
IGNOU B.Ed Program
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) B.Ed. Program has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of the teaching-learning process at the secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers.
- The objective of the Program – The objective of the program is on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam January 2020 for Admission
- The B.Ed. Courses offered by IGNOU is an innovative program utilizing self-instructional materials and information technology along with interactive personal contact programs. The program is essentially a judicious mix of theoretical and practical courses to develop in a practicing teacher appropriate knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes. The B.Ed. Program of IGNOU is recognized by the NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education). The admission to this program is on the basis on an Entrance Test. This year, the Entrance Test will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) on July 27th, 2019 at more than 100 cities across India.
Check out more Distance Education
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam Dates 2020 (January)
- Online Submission of Application Form: June 17th, 2019
- Last Date of online Registration:
01st July 2019extended to 05th July 2019
- Correction in Particulars of Application Form on Website only: 02 to 03 July 2019
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website: 10 July, 2019
- IGNOU B.Ed Exam Date: 27th July 2019
IGNOU B.Ed Duration
- The minimum duration of the program is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the program will be five years.
Medium of Instruction
- The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Program is offered in English and Hindi medium
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020
- Applicants should have possessed following eligibility criteria defined by IGNOU for B.Ed. Program:
- At least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science & Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualifications equivalent thereto (AND);
- The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education
- Applicants who have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD Applicants as per the rules of the Central Govt.
- The Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and War window Applicants will be provided as per University Rules.
Check out IGNOU Admission January 2020
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam Application Process 2020
- Applicants can apply for IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2020 “Online” only on the official website https://ntaignou.nic.in.
- Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing NTA official website https://ntaignou.nic.in. TheApplication Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case.
- Before filling the online entrance form, please read carefully regarding the eligibility and program details in e-prospectus available at https://ntaignou.nic.in, www.ignou.ac.in.
- Applicants must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website https://ntaignou.nic.in, www.ignou.ac.in. Applicants not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Applicants must ensure that the email address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through email on the given email address or SMS on given mobile number only.
Also see: IGNOU Admission July 2019
Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
- Download Information Bulletin and e-prospectus and Replica of Application Form. Read Information Bulletin carefully to ensure your eligibility.
Follow the 5 steps given below to Apply Online:
- Step-1: Apply for Online Registration and note down the system generated Application No.
- Step-2: Fill Online Application Form
- Step-3: Upload Scanned Photo (between 10 kb – 200 kb) & Signature (between 4kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step-4: Pay Examination Fee using Syndicate/ICICI Payment Gateway and keep the proof of fee paid.
- Step-5: Download Confirmation Page and Print at least four copies of Confirmation Page.
- All the 5 Steps can be completed at a time or at separate times.
- The applicants invited for offline admission counselling at nodal regional centers will be intimated on their email id, alternatively, Applicants can access the intimation on the IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in. They are advised to make timely arrangements to appear for the counseling and for joining the program, as the case may be. The University will not issue any paper intimation to the Applicants.
- Applicants are advised to check IGNOU admission link regularly on official website www.ignou.ac.in.
- IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Test Fee: Rs. 600/-
Payment of Application Fee
- Through Debit/Credit card – Applicants need to check the validity of the Debit/Credit Card while logging on to the website for submitting Application Form. Applicant should enter the information asked for and make the required payment through Debit/CreditCard.
- Through Net Banking – Check the balance in the account and keep all credentials ready while logging on to the website for submitting Application Form, applicant should log in with his/her credentials of net banking and make payment through NetBanking.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Program Fee
- Program Fee is Rs. 50,000/- for the entire Program. Applicants seeking admission to the B.Ed. program are advised not to pay the fee along with the filled in application form. They will get a separate communication about their admission and payment of Fee
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Exam Pattern
Check out below IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination – LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Duration – Two (02) Hours
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Question
- Maximum Marks – 100
- Scoring :
- 1 Mark for a correct response
- No negative marking for the incorrect response
- The medium of Paper – ENGLISH, and Hindi ONLY (for B.Ed.)
- The University provides reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Non-creamy layer of OBC, War Widows, Kashmiri Migrants, and Physically Handicapped learners, as per the Government of India rules, for admission to its various programs.
IGNOU B.Ed Admit Card 2020
- The IGNOU B.Ed Admit Card is issued provisionally to the applicant, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- The applicant has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f. 10th July 2019 onwards and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their Admit Card.
- No applicant will be allowed to appear at the examination center, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their Admit card.
- In case applicants are unable to download admit cards from the website, the Applicant should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm from 10th July 2019 to 27th July 2019.
- The applicants are advised to read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and follow during the conduct of the examination.
- In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the Applicant or his/her photograph and signatures shown in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page the Applicant may immediately approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm between 10th July 2019 to 27th July 2019. In such cases, Applicants would appear in the examination with the already downloaded Admit Card. However, NTA will take necessary action to make corrections in the record later.
Availability of Student Handbook & Prospectus
- Student Handbook and Prospectus for B.Ed.Program can be downloaded from the website www.ignou.ac.in or www.ntaignou.nic.in
- IGNOU Diploma Courses After 12th
- IGNOU Certificate Courses After 12th
- IGNOU Bachelor’s Degree Courses After 12th
- IGNOU International Students Admission 2019
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
(The People’s University), Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068, Website www.ignou.ac.in