IIM Calcutta MBA Admission 2020 Notification
IIM Calcutta MBA Admission 2020: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta has invited online applications for the eligible for admission two-year MBA Program in Management at IIM Calcutta is full-time residential Post-Graduate Degree Course for the commencing session 2020-2022 (Batch)
- The last date for applying to the PGP Program for overseas applicants is January 10th, 2020
Check out more MBA Admissions
IIM Calcutta MBA Programme (Batch 2020-22)
- The two-year MBA Programme in Management at IIM Calcutta is full-time residential post-graduate degree course. The MBA Programme has a two-tier structure.
- It consists of a core curriculum (compulsory credit courses and compulsory non-credit courses), a summer internship (compulsory industry training between first and second year) and elective courses (optional courses in the second year).
Duration of Program
- The MBA Programme in Management is a two-year full-time residential post-graduate degree course.
MBA Program Specializations
- The first year is committed to developing business fundamentals through compulsory courses spanning the areas of economics, finance, marketing, operations, systems, and organizational behavior.
- The second-year offers a plethora of electives in different functional areas that students can choose based on their desired area of pursuit.
Definition of ‘Overseas Applicant’
Interested applicants living, working or studying outside India during the period January 1st, 2019 to February 15th, 2020 will be considered as ‘Overseas Applicant’ for admission to MBA Program IIM Calcutta for 2020-22 Batch.
However, an overseas applicant who is expected to be in India during CAT 2019 scheduled on November 24th, 2019 will not be eligible to apply under the overseas category.
Eligibility Criteria for IIM Calcutta MBA Admission 2020
Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the applicants belonging to SC/ST and PWD categories), awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India.
The percentage of marks obtained by the applicant in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the University/Institution from where the applicant has obtained the degree. In case the applicant is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University/ Institution from where bachelor’s degree has been obtained.
In case the University/ Institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the applicant’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
Applicants appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification exam and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
If selected, such applicants will be allowed to join the program provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30th, 2020 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her university/College/Institute (issued on or before June 30th, 2020) stating that the applicant has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
Applicant who has not received his/her graduation results at the time of registration will have to produce certificates and mark sheets in original together with the photocopies as soon as the respective University/Institute publishes the results, but NOT LATER THAN DECEMBER 31st, 2020, failing which his/her registration as a student of IIM Calcutta will be automatically canceled and he/she will be required to withdraw from the MBA forthwith.
IIM Calcutta reserves its right to verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process. Applicants should note that mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure shortlisting by IIM Calcutta at the various stages of the admissions process.
A valid GMAT score with a minimum percentile of 80 in Verbal section, a minimum percentile of 75 in the Quantitative section, and a minimum Total percentile of 85 are required. GMAT taken before January 10th, 2018 is not valid.
IIM Calcutta MBA Admission Selection Procedure
GMAT Institution Code Number
- The GMAT Institution Code Number for Indian Institute of Management Calcutta is 7003.
Short-listing and Personal Interview (PI)
The short-listing would be done in two stages:
- Stage I: In the first stage, an applicant’s GMAT Total percentile will be considered as equivalent to his or her CAT 2019 percentile. This would be used to determine the applicant’s Equivalent CAT 2019 score.
- Stage II: In the second stage, an applicant’s Composite Score would be determined using the same criteria as used for the applicants applying through CAT 2019. The details of determining the composite score of an applicant applying through CAT 2019 are provided in Stage II (Table 2, 3 and 4) of Admission Policy.
The final selection of the applicant would be based on equivalent CAT 2019 score, performance in the PI, written ability test, academic diversity, and work experience. The details of the weights of these components are provided in Stage III (Table 5) of the admission policy available at the website.
Fees and Expenses
The total fee for the overseas student for the last batch was USD 60,000 (Sixty thousand only) for a period of two years. The fee is payable, phase-wise, in six semesters over two years. In addition to the course fees, the overseas student is required to pay a one-time refundable caution deposit of INR 20,000.
Living and other expenses during the period of his/her stay are payable in Indian rupees which are extra and will depend upon the choice of food and other preferences and can vary from INR 6,000/- to 7,000/- per month.
IIM Calcutta MBA Application Form 2020
- Overseas applicants can apply online through the following link
- Visit – https://www.iimcal.ac.in/mba-overseas-admission-form-instructions.
- All related documents as mentioned below will have to be uploaded as per the instructions while filling-in the on-line application form.
Documents to be uploaded
- Scanned copy of the latest GMAT score certificate.
- Scanned copies of all academic mark-sheets/certificates (Class 10, 12 and Bachelor’s level).
- Scanned copy of caste certificate, if applicable.
- Scanned copy of passport pages indicating official entries towards your stay outside India from the period January 1st, 2019 to February 15th, 2020.
- The application fee for overseas applicant is US$ 150 (or an equivalent amount in Indian currency).