PhD Admission 2020 at IISER TVM
IISER TVM PhD Admission 2020: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, (IISER-TVM) IISER Thiruvananthapuram has invited applications for admission to PhD Courses for 2020 sessions.
IISER PhD Eligibility Criteria 2020
Biological Sciences: Master’s degree (A five-year degree after +2 level) in Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences/ Mathematics/ Bioinformatics/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS)
The qualifying degree should have been obtained within 5 years as on January 01st 2020.
The applicant must have a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 on a scale of 10 or equivalent. According to your mark list if your CGPA is not calculated on a scale of 10, please convert the CGPA to a scale of 10 and enter in the space provided.
Qualification in one of the following national level tests, with validity as on 01st January 2020: CSIR-UGC-JRF/DBT-JRF (Category I)*/ ICMR-JRF*/ Ranks 1 to 90 in GATE (Ecology and Evolution)/JGEEBILS (GS-2019) or; the applicant should be eligible for DST-Inspire PhD fellowship.
Only applicants whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category 1 DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR sponsored projects are not eligible.
GATE (EY) qualified applicants are eligible only for Ecology, Evolution, and Behaviour. GATE exam scores for other subjects will not be considered for PhD admissions to IISER-TVM.
Applicants who appeared for the JGEEBILS 2019 test are eligible to apply. JGEEBILS applicants will be shortlisted based on the marks provided by the JGEEBILS examination organizers.
Chemical Sciences: The applicant must have a Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences with 60% marks or equivalent; the applicant must have qualified CSIR-UGC-JRF/GATE examinations valid as on 01st January 2020 or DST INSPIRE PhD Fellowship.
Physical Sciences: Master’s degree in Physical Sciences, Materials Science, Engineering (Biomedical, Instrumentation, Electrical, Electronic, and Communication Engineering), in areas closely related to the interests of the physics faculty at IISER TVM; 60% marks or equivalent is desirable.
Qualifying in one of the following National Level Exam with validity as on January 01st 2020: GATE/CSIR-UGC-JRF/JEST-2019/INSPIRE PhD Fellowship.
IISER TVM PhD Selection Procedure 2020
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at IISER-TVM. The selection of the applicant will be based on the performance in the interview.
Check out Admission Notifications
IISER TVM PhD Application Form 2020
- Applicants should complete the online application form in the URL http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd/
- Before proceeding with the application please goes through the list of the required documents, which is to be made ready (Only Properly submitted applications would be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not forget to click the “Submit Application” button after completing your application].
- GE/OBC [SC/ST/PH] applicants are required to make a payment of Rs.500/- [Rs.250/-] as a processing fee through the Power Jyoti Account.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, signature, community certificate, and national level examination (CSIR/NBHM/Inspire etc) online.
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email address of two referees in the application form.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the Ph.D. coordinator ([email protected]); any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
PhD Application Fee
- For GE/OBC [SC/ST] applicants are required to make a payment of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/-) as processing fee through the Power Jyoti Account.
IISER TVM PhD Application Deadlines 2020
- Start date of Online Application form: 25th September 2019
- Last Date of Receipt of the Application Form: 15th October 2019
- School of Biology: 02nd – 04th December 2019
- School of Chemistry: 15th – 16th November 2019
- School of Physics: 09th December 2019
- Reporting time for all candidates: 8.30 AM on the first day of the interview
- Venue IISER TVM, Vithura Campus