B.Tech and Dual Degrees 2019 at IIST Thiruvananthapuram
IIST B.Tech and Dual Degree Programs 2019: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Thiruvananthapuram has invited application for admission to the following programs for the academic year 2019, to eligible Indian citizens:
- 4-Year B.Tech Programme in Aerospace Engineering (60 Seats)
- 4-Year B.Tech Programme in Avionics (60 Seats)
- 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech and M.S./M.Tech.) Programme (20 Seats)
The 5-year Dual Degree programme leads to B.Tech degree in Engineering Physics and any of the following Post-Graduate degree specializations: (i) M.S. in Solid State Physics (ii) M.S. in Astronomy & Astrophysics (iii) M.S. in Earth System Science and (iv) M.Tech. in Optical Engineering. (There is no exit option at the end of four years).
Applicants who are desirous in applying to the above academic programs in IIST must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2019 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2019 conducted by IITs.
Eligibility Criteria for IIST BTech and Dual Degree Programs 2019
Applicants should make sure that they satisfy the criteria given below for applying for admission to B.Tech and the Dual degree programmes in IIST.
Citizenship: Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
Date of Birth: Applicants belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1994.
Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent): Applicants seeking admission to IIST must have passed their Qualifying Examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum applicants belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination and those belonging to SC/ST/PD should have an aggregate of at least 60 percent marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
Check out Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
The qualifying examination should be any of the following:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
- Intermediate or 2year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- The final examination of the 2year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge /Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the applicant should have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
Reservation of Seats for BTech and Dual Degree Programs 2019
As per the reservation policy of Government of India applicable to Central Educational Institutions (CEI), applicants belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories and the corresponding percentage of reservation are as given below:
(i) Scheduled Castes (SC): 15%
(ii) Scheduled Tribes (ST): 7.5%
(iii) Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL): 27%
(iv) Physically Disabled (PD): 3% (Horizontal Reservation)
The benefit of reservation under SC/ST/OBC shall be given only to those castes/tribes which are recognized by the Government of India and are included in the respective central list published by the Department of Personnel and Training.
IIST Application Dates 2019
- Release of Admission Brochure: May 07th, 2019
- Opening of Online Registration: May 22nd, 2019
- Closing of Online Registration: June 05th, 2019
IIST Thiruvananthapuram Address
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IISST), Thiruvananthapuram (Govt. of India, Dept., of Space), Declared as Deemed-to-be-University u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956), Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram-695547 (Kerala), Website www.iist.ac.in