B.Tech and Dual Degrees 2019 at IIST Thiruvananthapuram
IIST B.Tech and Dual Degree Admission Programs 2019: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Thiruvananthapuram has invited application for admission to the following programs for the academic year 2019, to eligible Indian citizens:
- 4-Year B.Tech Programme in Aerospace Engineering (60 Seats)
- 4-Year B.Tech Programme in Avionics (60 Seats)
- 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech and M.S./M.Tech.) Program (20 Seats)
The 5-year Dual Degree program leads to B.Tech degree in Engineering Physics and any of the following Post-Graduate degree specializations: (i) M.S. in Solid State Physics (ii) M.S. in Astronomy & Astrophysics (iii) M.S. in Earth System Science and (iv) M.Tech. in Optical Engineering. (There is no exit option at the end of four years).
Applicants who are desirous in applying to the above academic programs in IIST must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2019 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2019 conducted by IITs.
Eligibility Criteria for IIST BTech and Dual Degree Programs 2019
Applicants should make sure that they satisfy the criteria given below for applying for admission to B.Tech and the Dual degree programs in IIST.
Citizenship: Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
Date of Birth: Applicants belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1994.
Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent): Applicants seeking admission to IIST must have passed their Qualifying Examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum applicants belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination and those belonging to SC/ST/PD should have an aggregate of at least 60 percent marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
Check out Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
The qualifying examination should be any of the following:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
- Intermediate or 2year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- The final examination of the 2year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge /Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the applicant should have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
Reservation of Seats for BTech and Dual Degree Programs 2019
As per the reservation policy of Government of India applicable to Central Educational Institutions (CEI), applicants belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories and the corresponding percentage of reservation are as given below:
(i) Scheduled Castes (SC): 15%
(ii) Scheduled Tribes (ST): 7.5%
(iii) Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL): 27%
(iv) Physically Disabled (PD): 3% (Horizontal Reservation)
The benefit of reservation under SC/ST/OBC shall be given only to those castes/tribes which are recognized by the Government of India and are included in the respective central list published by the Department of Personnel and Training.
IIST B.Tech and Dual Degree Application Dates 2019
- Opening of Online Registration & Filling-in of Branch Preferences: 3rd June 2019 10:00 hr
- Closing of Online Registration: 17th June 2019 at 11:00 hr
- Publication of IIST Admission Rank List: 19th June 2019 at 17:00 hr
- Closing date for Filling-in of Branch Preferences: 20 June 2019 12:00 hr
- Seat Allotment/ Acceptance rounds: Starts on 21st June 2019 11:00 hr (First seat allocation round) Ends on 23rd July 2019 (Last seat acceptance round)
- Re-validation of registration upto Round 6: 03rd July 2019 (11:00 hr) to 04th July 2019 (17:00 hr)
- Re-validation of registration upto Round 11: 15th July 2019 (11:00 hr) to 16th July 2019 (17:00 hr)
- Joining IIST: 22nd July 2019 (Reporting time 9:00 hr) 24th July 2019 (for applicants who have accepted seats in Rounds 13, 14)
- Mandatory Induction Programme at IIST: 23rd – 26th July 2019
- Spot Admissions, if required, to be held at IIST, Trivandrum (applicable only for remaining wait-listed applicants after the last round of seat allotment): 27th July 2019 9:00 hr
- Commencement of Classes: 29th July 2019
Check out Entrance Exams
IIST B.Tech and Dual Degree Application Form 2019
- For online registration of the application, the candidate should have access to a computer, a laser printer and Internet connection. To register open the online application portal www.iist.ac.in
- As a performance, based financial assistance is provided by DOS to the students of IIST, ISRO/DOS will have the first right to absorb them, subject to the human resource requirements of ISRO/DOS. For more details, on absorption in ISRO/DOS, visit www.iist.ac.in/admission/undergraduate
- IIST Admission Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who register online for admission to IIST and satisfy all the eligibility criteria
- Please note that IIST Admission Rank list will be prepared based on their JEE (Advanced)-2019 All-India Rank (including category rank).
IIST Thiruvananthapuram Address
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IISST), Thiruvananthapuram (Govt. of India, Dept., of Space), Declared as Deemed-to-be-University u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956), Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram-695547 (Kerala), Website www.iist.ac.in