IIT Dharwad Admission 2018-19 to Phd Courses
IIT Dharwad PhD Admission 2018-19: Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad (IIT Dharwad) has invited applications for admission to PhD Program (Doctoral of Philosophy) for the 2018-19 sessions. Applicants can check the full details of IIT Dharwad PhD Admission such as application form, application procedure, eligibility criteria, important dates and other details on this page below.
The Doctoral Program (PhD) is being introduced by the Departments of Bio-Sciences and Bio-Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science &Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering and Physics from the Spring Semester of academic year 2018-19.
The general eligibility criterion for admission across all the departments:
Engineering – M.Tech. or equivalent degree.
Basic Science – M.Phil./M.Tech. or equivalent B.Tech./B.E./ M.Sc. or equivalent [Marks: 60% (55% for SC/ST applicants) OR CPI/CGPA: 6.0 (5.5 for SC/ST applicants) on the scale of 10].
Humanities and Social Sciences – M.Phil or equivalent M.A. or equivalent (Marks: 55% (50% for SC/ST applicants) OR CPI/CGPA: 5.5 (5.0 for SC/ST applicants) on the scale of 10).
Additional Requirements – Qualifying score (not necessarily valid) in one of the national level examinations (GATE, NET etc.) is desirable.
In addition to the general eligibility criterion, the applicant must satisfy the eligibility criteria specified, if any, in the respective departments. Further, the eligibility criteria for financial support for the specific category has to be satisfied.
Applicants in the final year of their qualifying degree program may also apply. However, these applicants may be admitted provided they graduate before the beginning of the PhD Program.
Check out more Phd Admissions
The requirement of First Class/60%/CPI of 6.0 on the scale of 10 for PG admissions at IIT Dharwad:
For General/OBC Category applicants and/or for applicants where no concession in academic performance is called for, the First Class/60%/CPI of 6.0 on the scale of 10 in the qualifying degree exam as the eligibility requires meeting ANY ONE of the following criteria:
- a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or as specified by the university (any one of them).
- a first class as specified by the university (higher of 60% or the percentage specified by the university for First Class will be considered).
- a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) or Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of 6.0 on the scale of 10; with corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than on 10, (for example, 4.8 on a scale of 8).
Fellowship Award (FA): These students are financially supported by various Govt. / Semi Govt. schemes like CSIR, UGC, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, PMRF or DST INSPIRE etc. and some other organizations. The admission procedure and other requirements are same as applicable to TA.
Sponsored Applicant (SW): These students are sponsored by their employers for doing research work in the Institute. They are expected to be released for full-time course-work and research at the Institute for a minimum period of three years. Sponsorship letter (Appendix I) should be submitted at the time of written test and/or interview.
IIT Dharwad PhD Admission Procedure
Admission is offered on the basis of an interview. The interview may be supplemented by a written and/or online test, if necessary. Merely satisfying the general eligibility criterion as well as criterion set for each admission category is no guarantee for being called for test/interview.
Depending on the number of applications received and considering the constraints of time and other resources for conducting Written/online Test and Interview, the Academic Units may put additional academic performance based short-listing criterion.
IIT Dharwad PhD Application Form 2018
- Important Guidelines for PhD Application.
- Please read the instructions given in the brochure carefully before filling up the application form. Online Application Form and the Information Brochure are available on the Institute website at the following link http://www.iidth.ac.in/academics/phd.php.
- You are required to submit the application ONLINE. No downloadable forms will be available. After filling the form, you are advised to take a print of your application and keep the same for the record.
The application fee is as follows:
- Women applicants: Rs.100/-
- SC/ST/PwD Category applicants: Rs.100/-
- All other Applicants: Rs.200/-
The fee is to be paid by NEFT/RTGS Online Payment System.
The details of the institute bank details are BANK: State Bank of India, Account Name: IIT Bombay (IIT Dharwad), Account No.: 35636327083, Branch: I.I.T. (Powai), IFSC: SBIN0001109, MICR: 400002034.
The transaction details like UTR/ITR/Transaction Number with the date are to be necessarily provided in filling up the Online Application Form. The Application Form without valid online payment details will not be considered.
IIT Dharwad PhD Admission Date 2018
PhD in Computer Science Engineering
- Last date for submission of completed application forms 24th October 2018
- Listing of shortlisted applicants for the Selection Process 31st October 2018
- Dates for the Selection Process 16th and 17th November 2018
- Declaration of Result 26th November 2018
PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Last Date for Submission of completed application forms: 31st October 2018
- List of shortlisted applicants for the Selection Process-1: 06th November 2018
- Dates for the Selection Process 10th & 11th of December 2018
- Declaration of Result-1: 15th December 2018
- Last date for Fee Payment (at IITD): 21st December 2018
- Date of Joining: 28th December 2018
- Last Date of withdrawal: 31st December 2018
PhD in Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Availability of online application forms: 04th October 2018
- Last date for submission of completed application forms: 07th November 2018
- List of shortlisted applicants for the Selection Process-1: 09th November 2018
- Dates for the Selection Process 3rd & 04th of December 2018
- Declaration of Result-1: 10th December 2018
- Last date for Fee Payment (at IITDh): 28th December 2018
- Date of Joining (Reporting & Registration) 31st December 2018
- Instruction begins 2nd January 2019
- Last date of withdrawal 10th January 2019
PhD in Chemistry (CH)
- Release of Advertisement: 05th October 2018
- Availability of online application form: 05th October 2018
- End date for filing Application: 25th November 2018
- Announcement of Shortlisted Applicants: 28th November 2018
- Screening Test and Interview: 11- and 12th December 2018
- Announcement of Results: 14th December 2018
- Last date for fee payment: 28th December 2018
- Date of joining (reporting and registration): 31st December 2018
- Instruction begins: 02nd January 2019
- Last date of withdrawal: 10th January 2019
PhD in Physics
- Last date for filing online applications: 28th October 2018
- Announcement of shortlisted applicants: 02nd November 2018
- Screening test and interview: 19th November 2018
- Announcement of results: 28th November 2018
- Registration: 28th December 2018 (tentative)
PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
- Last Date for Application filling: 09th November 2018
- Announcement of shortlisted applicants for Written & Interview: 12th November 2018
- Date of Written Test and Interview: 30th November 2018
- Announcement of Results: 10th December 2018 (Tentative)
- Date of Registration: 02nd January 2019 (Tentative)