MBA Admission 2019 at IIT Kharagpur | MBA Degree 2019
IIT Kharagpur VGSOM MBA Admission 2019: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur has invitesd online applications for admission to 2019 batch of MBA Program at VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur. Check out the complete details like admission dates, eligibility, application procedure, application form, selection procedure, fee and more about IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Admission 2019.
IIT Kharagpur MBA Admission Dates 2019
- CAT 2018 Result Announcement Second Week of January 2019
- Online Submission of Application Form begins on: Next day after CAT 2018 result declaration
- Last Date of Online Application Form: January 27th, 2019 (Sunday), 11:59 PM
- WAT & Personal Interview Delhi: 22nd – 24th February, 2019
- Hyderabad: 09th – 10th March 2019
- Mumbai: 15th – 17th March 2019
- Kolkata: 23rd – 24th March 2019
- Bengaluru: 5th – 7th April 2019
- Declaration of Admission Results: April 29th, 2019 (Monday)
Check out more MBA Admission 2019
MBA Eligibility Criteria
Applicants seeking admission to MBA Programme of the Institute should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Master’s degree in Science Economics or Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor’s level) with the following criteria:
i) For institutes a) awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in all years of the qualifying degree OR b) awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in the final two semesters or final year of the qualifying degree:
a) GE/NC-OBC: Minimum of 60 percent marks (OR CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)
b) SC/ST/PwD: Minimum of 55 percent marks (OR CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale)
ii) For both the above cases, if the CGPA is on a different scale than 10.0, the eligibility of the Applicants will be calculated corresponding to the equivalence stated above.
iii) Admission to reserved category Applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
iv) Applicants should be in good health. In case of any discrepancy found in the certificate of medical fitness to be submitted during registration, the opinion of the Institute Medical Officer will be final.
v) Persons with Physical Disabilities (PwD) seeking admission to MBA are to appear before a medical board on or before 31st Oct. 2019 at IIT Kharagpur; the decision of the Medical Board is final and becomes binding to the Applicant.
Selection of applicants whose results in the qualifying degree examination are yet to be declared will be provisional, subject to the condition that all parts of the examination must be completed in all respects before the date of joining the Institute and the marks sheet/certificate as evidence of passing the qualifying examination are to be submitted latest by 31st October 2019.
IIT Kharagpur MBA Admission Procedure
- The selection of Applicants for admission to the 2019 batch of MBA at VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur is a two-step process.
- In the first step, Applicants are short-listed for GD-WA-PI from among Applicants who have a valid CAT/GMAT score, who have applied for the programme and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme.
- An overseas category Applicant who applies with a GMAT score instead of a CAT Score should have a total scaled score of at least 750.
IIT Kharagpur MBA Application Form 2019
- After taking the CAT 2018 examination, domestic Applicants seeking admission to the MBA programme must complete the following procedure:
- Step 1: Complete the application form online at www.som.iitkgp.ernet.in
- Step 2: Make the payment online; application fee is Rs.1600/- for General and NC-OBC Applicants and Rs.800/- for SC/ST/PWD.
- Female Applicants will be charged the same level of application fee as paid by male Applicants of respective category.
- Please note that Group Discussion (GD), Written Analysis Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) will be conducted by VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur at various locations.