PhD Admission 2019 at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission 2019: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD Program) in Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture and Regional Planning, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law and Management for 2019 sessions.
IIT Kharagpur PhD Admission Dates 2019
- Commencement of Online Application form Submission: 22nd September 2019
- Website Closure for Submission of Online Application Form: 22nd October 2019
- Date of Test & Interviews in Depts./Centres/Schools (for short listed applicants): 28th to 29th November 2019 & 02nd to 04th December 2019
- Date of admission in the PhD Program for selected applicants: 02nd January 2020
Name of Departments & Centres
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Food Engineering
- Architecture and Regional Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering
- Geology and Geophysics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
- Centre for Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Technology Development
- Centre for Educational Technology
- Centre for Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Science
- Centre for Theoretical Studies
- Centre for Computational and Data Sciences (CCDS)
- Cryogenic Engineering
- Deysarkar Centre for Excellence in Petroleum Engineering
- Materials Science
- Rubber Technology
- Rural Development
- Bio Science
- Energy Science and Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- G.S. Sanyal School of Telecommunication
- Nano Science and Technology
- Rajendra Mishra School of Engineering Entrepreneurship
- Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law
- Ranbir and Chitra Gupta School of Infrastructure Design and Management
- School of Medical Science and Technology
- School of Water Resources
- Subir Chowdhury School of Quality and Reliability
- Vinod Gupta School of Management
Check out Admission Notification
IIT Kharagpur PhD Eligibility Criteria 2019
- All candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. program under the categories mentioned below shall have to possess requisite marks/grades in the qualifying degree as shown below:
- Minimum 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (3.2.a and/or 3.2.b) in Engineering /Science /Commerce /Management/ Law and/or equivalent OR
- Minimum 55% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (3.2.a and/or 3.2.b) in Humanities/Social Science/MBBS degree and/or equivalent.
- CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks if the degree awarding Institute provides marks in CGPA system vice versa. Their admission will be based on the CGPA or Percentage of Marks awarded in the transcript.
Minimum qualifying degree required for seeking admission to the Ph.D. program.
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) / MS / ME (Master of Engineering)/ M.Sc.(Engg.,)
- M. Arch./ MCP (Master of City planning) /MRP (Master of Regional Planning)
- M. Phil. (2 years programme)
- MBA / PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after completion of B.Tech/M.Sc/MA/M.Com)
- LLM (2 years programme) after EITHER at least 5 years of integrated LLB degree after 10+2 examination OR 3 years LLB degree after 10+2+3 examination.
- An equivalent of the aforesaid degree.
Minimum qualifying degree required for seeking admission to the Ph.D. program
- B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology)/ BE (Bachelor of Engineering)/ B.Sc (Engg.)
- B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture)
- M.Sc. (Master of Science) / MA (Master of Arts) / M. Phil. (1 year program)
- MBA / PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after completion of BA/B.Sc/B.Com)
- MBBS degree with compulsory one-year internship completed
- 5 years (minimum) of integrated LLB degree after 10+2 examination OR 3 years LLB degree after 10+2+3 examination OR LLM (1 year programme) after LLB degree (minimum 5 years)
- A degree equivalent to any of the above.
IIT Kharagpur PhD Selection Procedure
- The admission of a candidate to the Ph.D. program is recommended by the Departmental Academic Committee (Post-Graduate and Research), abbreviated as DAC (PG&R), of the Department/Centre concerned on the basis of-
- Overall Academic Performance: 40 per cent
- Written/Computer Testconducted by the Department/Centre/School: 20 percent
- Interview conducted by the Department/Centre/School: 20 percent
IIT Kharagpur PhD Application Form 2019
Applicants are required to apply online on https://erp.iitkgp.ernet.in
The application fee is Rs.1000/- for General/OBC (Male and Transgender) and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PwD category and women applicants.
- Step-I: Fill in the Online Application Form.
- Step-II Make Payment/Submit Application: Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment gateway only.
- Step-III Take Print: After final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data.
Check out latest entrance exams