IMI Kolkata PGDM Admission 2020 Notification
IMI Kolkata PGDM Admission 2020: International Management Institute (IMI), Kolkata has invited applications from eligible applicants for admission into the 2-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) for the academic year 2020-22
- IMI Kolkata offers a two-year, full-time PGDM (Post-Graduate Diploma in Management) Programme, which is designed to prepare students for careers in corporate across all functional areas. The Programme inculcates a strong sense of business fundamentals along with ethical values.
Check out PG Diploma Courses
PGDM Program Duration
- IMI Kolkata follows the trimester system with the academic calendar beginning in June and each trimester is of 11-12 weeks duration. At the end of the first three trimesters of the Programme, all students are required to undergo compulsory summer internship for 8-10 weeks in industry.
IMI Kolkata PGDM Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date for online submission of application form: 02nd December 2019 (midnight)
Eligibility Criteria for IMI Kolkata PGDM Admission 2020
- In order to be eligible for admission to the PGDM Programme, the participants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) for admission in postgraduate Programmes.
- The Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years education after the completion of higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree or equivalent are also eligible, provided they furnish the proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria by September 20, 2020, failing which the candidates may be asked to withdraw from the Programme.
- Admission to the Programme is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management at different centres all over the country. CAT 2019 would be held on Sunday, November 25, 2019. (Refer to the CAT Bulletin for further details). IMI Kolkata will consider current year’s CAT score only.
- IMI Kolkata will obtain the test scores from the IIMs for those candidates who have appeared in the CAT Examination and also applied to IMI Kolkata for the PGDM Programme.
- IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the Programme.
- Foreign students, PIO and NRI – sponsored applicants are also eligible and are required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT), taken not earlier than January 2018 and not later than April 2020, and submit such scores while applying to IMI Kolkata.
- Indian residents who have appeared for GMAT, not earlier than January 2018 and not later than April 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be required to furnish their GMAT scores while applying and provide an attested copy of the GMAT score sheet to the Admissions Office for verification.
- GMAT scores without the above document will not be accepted and the application may be summarily rejected.
- Candidates who have appeared for XAT 2020 are eligible to apply. The XAT is usually conducted on the first Sunday of January every year. IMI Kolkata will consider current year’s XAT score only.
IMI Kolkata PGDM Admission 2020 Selection Process
- Candidates who have appeared for the CAT 2019 examination or furnished valid GMAT score or XAT (2020) score and have applied to IMI Kolkata will be short listed on the basis of information provided in the application form, CAT scores (sectional and overall) or GMAT/XAT score, educational background, marks in Class X and XII, graduation and work experience.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process.
- Applicants should note that mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria may not ensure consideration for short listing by IMI Kolkata. IMI Kolkata will not entertain any correspondence on this subject and decisions of the IMI Kolkata Admissions Committee will be final in all matters.
- Past academic performance in graduation, Class XII & X, Psychometric Test, Essay Writing and Personal Interview will constitute the components of the final stage of the selection process. The IMI Kolkata Admissions Committee reserves the right to modify these components while communicating the same to the applicants during the Personal Interview.
- The objective is to identify and assess the candidate’s potential for a managerial career.
IMI Kolkata PGDM Application Process 2020
- IMI Kolkata Admission Bulletin can be downloaded from websites www.imi.edu OR www.imi-k.edu.in
- For the application form the applicant may visit http://admission.imi.edu and the same may be submitted online.
- Applicant should complete the online application form and submit the same along with the admission application fee which is non-refundable.
- An applicant desirous of applying only to the PGDM Programme at IMI Kolkata will be required to pay Rs. 1000/- + GST @ 18% by clicking on the “Apply Now” button under IMI Kolkata Campus option provided at http://admission.imi.edu
- An applicant desirous of applying to the PGDM Programme at IMI Kolkata in addition to IMI Delhi’s any one Programme, i.e., PGDM/PGDMHR/PGDM B&FS will be required to pay the common application fee of Rs. 2200/- + GST @ 18%.
- In this case, the candidate needs to indicate appropriate interest for the PGDM Programme of IMI Kolkata by ticking ‘√’ on IMI Kolkata (box) as an option provided in the IMI Delhi application form under Programme Preference head.
- The admission fee can be paid through Credit Card/Debit Card/Bank Transfer through the designated payment gateway. Applicants are advised not to send to IMI Admissions Office the online receipts generated through the process.
Check out Admission Notifications