MBA Admission 2019 at IIT Madras | MBA Degree 2019
IIT Madras MBA Admission 2019: The Department of Management Studies at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has invited applications for admissions for 2years full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) program for the academic session 2019.
Check out MBA Admission 2019
IIT Madras MBA Admission Last Date 2019
- CAT Result Announcement: 02nd Week of January 2019 (Tentative)
- Online Submission of Application Form begins on: Next day of CAT 2018 result declaration
- Online Submission of Application Form closes on January 27th, 2019 (Sunday)
- WAT & Personal Interview Delhi: 20th to 23rd February 2019
- Mumbai: 16th – 18th March 2019
- Chennai: 23rd – 25th March 2019
- Kolkata: 06th – 07th April 2019
- Dhanbad: 06th – 07th April 2019
- Commencement of Classes: July 29th, 2019
IIT Madras MBA Eligibility Criteria
Regular Applicants: Regular applicants should possess a valid score in the CAT conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management. IIT Graduates who obtain a CGPA of 8 and above on 10 are exempted from CAT score. Their shortlisting will be based on a composite score with due weights to applicant’s CAT score, past academic performance, industry experience and gender.
Sponsored Applicants: This category is of two types: (a) Company Sponsored Applicants (b) Indian Defense Personnel.
a) Their employers to pursue an MBA may sponsor applicants. Applicants should forward their application through proper channel; they must have a minimum work experience of two years in the sponsoring organization and a valid, good score in national level entrance tests such as CAT/XAT/MAT.
b) Defense personnel are exempted from the national level entrance test. Applicants who are working with the Defense forces are encouraged to apply through respective government agencies.
Non-Resident Indian and Foreign Nationals: Shortlisting for this category shall be on the basis of:
- GMAT score,
- Past academic performance
- Letters of reference and
- Work experience, if any
They also have to submit copies of their citizenship-related documents obtained from the Indian Embassy of their residing country while applying for the program.
Minimum Academic Qualifications for Regular/Sponsored/NRI & Foreign Applicants: Graduates (or professional qualification equivalent to that of a University degree recognized by the UGC) in any discipline with first class or 60% marks earned in their degree from a recognized/reputed University for regular applicants, sponsored applicants, NRI applicants and foreign nationals.
For Defence personnel, the minimum percentage of marks in qualifying degree will be 55%; for other categories relaxation according to GOI norms will apply.
Final year students (of the above-mentioned program) are also eligible to apply.
IIT Madras MBA Selection Procedure
Applicants from all categories shortlisted based on the composite score shall be called for a personal interview to a given location (except NRIs and Foreign Nationals); the final selection for all categories except NRIs and Foreign Nationals will be based on the following:
- Performance in a group task, written communication and personal interview
- The composite score obtained by the applicant as explained earlier
For shortlisted NRIs and Foreign Nationals, the final selection will be based on a personal interview, which shall be conducted online.
IIT Madras MBA Application Form 2019
The interested and eligible applicants may apply online from the official website of the institute www.doms.iitm.ac.in
The applications will be accepted via online mode only; the link for filling up the online application form will be hosted on this page and; applicants must ensure that they enter all the details correctly.
- For Indian Applicants Fee for General and OBC applicants – Rs.1600/- and Rs.800/- for SC/ST/Pwd applicants. The Fee has to be paid only through Internet Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- For Foreign and NRI Applicants: Amount of Fee to be paid is US $100; the amount can be remitted by way of Demand Draft or bankers cheque drawn in favor of “The Registrar, IIT Madras” and payable at Chennai (Draft from any bank is acceptable).