Inlaks Scholarship 2019 at London | International Scholarship Program
INLAKS Scholarship 2019: Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation has invited online applications for the selection of Inlaks Research Studentship at the King’s India Institute, King’s College, London in 2019.
About Inlaks Scholarships
- Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programs.
- The ‘Inlaks Research Studentship at the King’s India Institute’ is geared to assist registered PhD students of Indian universities to undertake short-term visits to universities abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.
About the Award
The ‘Inlaks Research Studentship at the King’s India Institute’ offers financial support for a maximum of 3 months at King’s College London. The Studentship will cover:
- Reasonable airfare (booked by Inlaks on the student’s behalf)
- Maintenance expenses at a modest rate (up to Rs.115000/- per month)
- Funds for buying materials and books, and making copies of relevant literature (up to Rs.65000/-)
Eligibility for INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship
All applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Hold confirmed PhD registration for at least two years but for not more than four years.
- Have a first-class degree at either Bachelor’s (Honours) or Master’s level, preferably both.
- Be under 35 years of age on 31st December in the year of applying.
- Be an Indian citizen, currently resident in India.
- Subjects for which the Grant is Available: Humanities and Social Sciences.
INLAKS Scholarship Application Form 2019
(i) Fully filled the form for ‘Inlaks Research Studentship at the King’s India Institute’. The forms may be downloaded here: Application Form.
(ii) Updated CV/ Resume limited to two pages only: PDF.
(iii) The sample of written work on the subject of the applicant’s research; this should preferably be a draft (with full annotation and documentation) of a chapter of the PhD thesis along with details regarding the reading list, surveys, or any other work done towards the thesis. (3000-5000 words).
(iv) A written and signed statement from the applicant’s supervisor stating: The applicant’s ability, focus and progress in the work done under her/his supervision; the candidate’s need to go abroad.
The completed forms and other documents must be sent by email to the address ‘[email protected]’, with the title “Application for Inlaks Research Studentship”.
Details, including entry requirements, are available at www.inlaksfoundation.org
INLAKS Scholarship Application Deadlines
- Application Open: January 15th, 2019
- The Deadline for Submissions is April 15th, 2019