Ishan Uday Scholarship 2018: UGC (University Grants Commission) has invited online applications for the award of Scholarships under the scheme of “Ishan Uday” For North Eastern Region for the year 2018-19. Check out the complete details of Ishan Uday Scholarships Programs 2018-19 like the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form and more details of Ishan Uday Scholarships for North Eastern Region.
“Ishan Uday” for North Eastern Region
The Ministry of HRD and the UGC (University Grants Commission) has taken special interest with regard to promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC (University Grants Commission) has decided to launch “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2014-15. Before launching the scheme the UGC undertook wide-ranging consultations with State Governments and Central and State Universities of the NE region, the Ministry of HRD, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, the North Eastern Council, Shillong and other stakeholders.
Also See: Scholarships 2019
The objectives of the Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region are:
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
1) Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
2) Only first-year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
3) For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending an applicant for the scholarship.
4) For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
5) Transgender applicants are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
The following shall not be eligible under this scheme-
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
- Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Form 2018
- The applicants fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online through https://www.ugc.ac.in/ner/.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Amount of fellowship
- An amount of Rs.5400/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs.7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Paramedical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.