IUCAA NCRA Admission Test 2019 | IUCAA NCRA Exam Dates
IUCAA NCRA Phd Admission Test 2019: Application has been invited from highly motivated students for a Research Scholarship to do a PhD program at the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune or the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Pune of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR).
Eligibility for IUCAA NCRA Admission Test 2019
- Applications are invited from students who expect to complete their M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc., B.Sc., or B.E./B. Tech./M.E./M. Tech. degrees by July 2019 with 55% marks or more.
- Students in any branch of the B.E., B. Tech., M.E. or M. Tech. degrees, or in the Physics, Electronics, Astronomy or Applied Mathematics branches of the B.Sc. or M.Sc. degrees, are eligible to apply for INAT-2019. Students who have already completed any of the above degrees are also eligible.
- In addition, talented final-year B.Sc., 1st year M.Sc., 4th year Integrated M.Sc. and 2nd/3rd year B.E./B. Tech students may also apply to be pre-selected for the PhD program at IUCAA.
- Students who complete their M.Sc./Integrated M.Sc./M.E./M. Tech degrees by July 2019 will be eligible for selection to the PhD Program of both IUCAA and NCRA-TIFR; students who complete their B.E./B. Tech degrees by July 2019 are eligible for selection to the Ph.D. program at IUCAA and to the Integrated Ph.D. program at NCRA-TIFR (except for Engineering Physics students, who will be eligible for selection to the Ph.D. program at NCRA-TIFR). Students who complete their B.Sc. degrees by July 2019 will be eligible for selection to the Integrated PhD Program at NCRA-TIFR and for pre-selection to the PhD program at IUCAA.
IUCAA NCRA Phd Admission Test 2019 Selection Procedure
- Students from engineering backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for INAT 2019. IUCAA is looking for students who are interested in carrying out doctoral research in Physics, or Astronomy and Astrophysics. Prospective applicants are expected to have a good understanding of basic Physics
- Based on the applications and referee assessments, applicants will be short-listed and invited to take the written test, to be held in Pune on December 05, 2019 (Thursday).
- Those with 55% or more marks in the qualifying examination may walk-in for the written test by producing valid photo identification and a copy of their most recent mark-sheet. All applicants should report at the Chandrasekhar Auditorium, IUCAA, together with the necessary documents for verification (the ones mentioned above, for all walk-in applicants, and the Admit letter, for all invited applicants).
- Registration for the test will begin at 8 a.m. and end at 9 a.m. A seat in the test is not guaranteed unless registration is completed by the applicant during this period. The final selection to the research scholarship will be based on the results of the written test being held on December 05, 2019 (Thursday) and two interviews, to be held on December 05, 06, and/or 07, 2019), all to be held at IUCAA, Pune. Selection through INAT is in addition to the selection through the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)
IUCAA NCRA Phd Admission Test 2019 Application Form
- Applicants must apply online at http://inat.ncra.tifr.res.in/INAT2019. More details, including eligibility for selection to the different programs at IUCAA and NCRA-TIFR as well as information for walk-in applicants, are available at the same URL.
- Applicants must first register by entering their name and valid e-mail address in the appropriate registration boxes below. An application password will then be automatically sent to the applicants’ e-mail address; the e-mail address and the password must be entered in order to fill out the Online Application Form.
- The Application Form also requires the names and e-mail addresses of two referees.
- When the form is submitted, the applicant will receive an e-mail containing his/her Online ID, an account password, and confirmation that s/he has applied for INAT-2019.
Check out more Entrance Exams
IUCAA NCRA PhD Admission Test 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for the Online Submission of INAT 2019 Application is September 12th, 2019
- Last Date for the Online Submission of the Assessment Forms is September 19th, 2019
- Selection for the PhD Programme will be through a Written Test: December 05th, 2019
- Interviews on 05th, 06th & 07th December 2019 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)