Jadavpur University MA in Journalism and Mass Communication Admission 2019
Jadavpur University MA Journalism and Mass Communication Admission 2019: Jadavpur University Kolkata has been invited admission for 2 years full-time M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication for the session 2019-20 offered by the Department of Adult Continuing Education and Extension (DACEE).
Check out more M.A Admission
Important Dates for Jadavpur University MA Journalism Admission 2019
- Online Submission of Application: 10th to 28th June 2019
- Last Date of Online Submission of Application: June 28th, 2019
- Last Date for Deposition of Application Fees through Online: July 01st, 2019
- Publication of list of eligible applicants for admission Test: July 02nd, 2019
- Date of Admission Test: July 06th, 2019 at 02.00pm
- Publication of list of provisionally selected applicants: July 22nd, 2019
- Date of Counselling: July 24th, 2019
- Date of Admission: 25th to 30th July 2019
- Publication of the 2nd list (if a vacancy exists): August 01st, 2019
- Commencement of classes August 02nd, 2019
- 50 (Free ship 20% of intake – University norms apply); those who applied earlier (session 2019-20) need not apply again.
Eligibility Criteria for M.A Journalism and Mass Communication Admission 2019
3-Year Honours/Major degree in any subject from a recognized University with at least 50% marks (45% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category and 40% for SC/ST category) in Honours/Major papers.
(In case Honours/Major is NOT specified/ mentioned in the mark-sheet for the Degree of an applicant, then he/she will NOT be eligible.)
Applicants who have completed Graduation Final Results and fulfil the eligibility conditions stated above may apply for admission to M.A in Journalism & Mass communication course for the academic session 2019-20. OR
Applicant who has appeared or due to appear in the Graduation Final Year/Semester Examination 2019, within June 28th, 2019 may also apply, provided he/she fulfils the minimum eligibility criteria (stated above) in Honours/Major papers in the earlier parts/semesters (PART I/ PART II exams or semesters up to the Final semester) together.
For such an applicant the latest available marks Honours/Major papers in semester system/ annual system of exam will be considered for preparing the merit list. Such an applicant, if provisionally selected for admission, shall have to produce their final Graduation mark sheet at the time of counselling/admission.
For applicants under SC/ST Quota:
As per circular Nos. BC-16014/1/82-SC dt.06/08/1984 & BCD-1, D.O.12017/11/89-SCD (R.CELL) dt.09/01/1990 and letter No.1510-SCW dt.31/05/2007 from the Government of West Bengal, Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of the states other than West Bengal are not entitled to get the benefit of reserved quota in educational institutions in West Bengal unless they can produce Domicile Certificate for residing in West Bengal for at least 10 years issued.
For applicants under OBC Quota:
The applicants who will be provisionally selected under the OBC- A and OBC- B categories must produce an OBC certificate (the date of issue of the certificate should not be earlier than June 2018) issued by the competent authority that clearly indicates (i) the category (A or B) they belong to; (ii) that they do not belong to creamy layer of the society, at the time of counselling/ admission.
For Applicants under PD category:
Persons with 40% or more disability will only be considered for admission under PD category under PWD (Equal Opportunity, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 2016.
Check out more Entrance Exams
Selection will be made on the basis of a Written Admission Test on General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Writing Skill.
- Rs.40, 000/- (Rs. 20,000/- per year)
- To Print Admit Card you have to upload the fees deposit details in this website www.jaduniv.edu.in.
- Click the Login option of this website, and log into your account using your Application No/ Login ID at any time. In the Acknowledgement and Admit Card page uploads your fees deposit details by clicking Insert Fees Details.
- On submission of fees deposit details, the Admit card (where applicable) will be generated.
Jadavpur University MA Journalism and Mass Comm. Admission 2019 Application Process
- Eligible applicants can apply online on or before the scheduled date. Applicants are requested to ensure their eligibility criteria and read the instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- Online applications are invited from Indian citizens. Application Form and relevant instruction will be available from our website www.jaduniv.edu.in form June 28th, 2019.
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies, Law & Management, Jadavpur University, Kolkata-700032, Website www.jaduniv.edu.in.