JIPMER B.Sc Entrance Exam 2019 – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER Puducherry) has invites application for admission to the B.Sc. Nursing, BASLP and B.Sc. Allied Medical Science Programs for 2019 academic session.
Applicants can check all the details related to JIPMER B.Sc. Entrance Exam 2019 like eligibility, application process and other details through this post below.
JIPMER Puducherry Courses Offered
- The following Sc. Courses (Undergraduate) is offered at JIPMER, Pondicherry
- B.Sc. Nursing
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (BASLP)
- B.Sc. Allied Medical Sciences –Anesthesia Technology; Blood Transfusion Medicine Technology; Cardiac Laboratory Technology; Dialysis Technology; Medical Laboratory Technology Medical Technology – Radio diagnosis; Neuro Technology; Nuclear Medicine Technology; Operation Theatre Technology; Optometry & Ophthalmic Technique; Perfusion Technology; Radiotherapy Technology.
Duration of Course
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. Nursing course is a 4 (Four) years Degree course and will have only full-time students. The students are eligible for 1 (One) year optional stipendiary internship at JIPMER on successful completion of the course
- B.Sc. Allied Health Science Courses – BASLP & B.Sc. Optometry
- BASLP & B.Sc. Optometry Course is 4 (four) years (including one (1) year internship) and will have only full-time students
- B.Sc. Allied Health Science Courses
- B.Sc. Allied Health Science Courses is a 3 (three) years course and will have only full-time students. At the end of the course, the Applicants are eligible for 1 (One) year optional stipendiary internship at JIPMER.
Distribution of Seats
- B.Sc. Nursing – 75
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (BASLP) – 04
- B.Sc. Allied Health Science Courses (74 seats)
- Anaesthesia Technology – 04
- Cardiac Laboratory Technology – 04
- Dialysis Technology – 04
- Blood Banking Technology – 04
- Radio-diagnosis Technology – 04
- Neuro Technology – 04
- Nuclear Medicine Technology – 04
- Optometry – 04
- Perfusion Technology – 04
- Radiotherapy Technology – 04
- Medical Laboratory Technology (M.L.T) – 30
- Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics** – 04
- Total No. of Seats-153
- *Out of 75 seats in B.Sc. Nursing, 8 seats horizontally reserved for Male Students and remaining 67 seats reserved for Female students.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
- Online Registration begins from: April 25th, 2019
- Last date for submitting the application form: May 24th, 2019
- Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER Website: June 10th, 2019 to June 22nd, 2019
- Date & Time of Entrance Exam(Single Shift – Online Mode Only): June 22nd, 2019 (Saturday) Single Shift:10.00 AM to 11.30 AM
- Expected Date of Publication of Merit List on (or) before July 05th, 2019
- Counselling for Choosing B.Sc. Courses:
- First Counselling (Tentative) July 17th, 2019
- Second Counselling (Tentative): August 21st, 2019
- Third Counselling (Tentative): September 11th, 2019
- Final Counselling (Tentative): September 27th, 2019
- Admission formalities (Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees etc…): July 30th, 2019 (09.00AM)
- Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation: July 31st, 2019
- Commencement of Course: August 01st, 2019 (Thursday) 09.00 AM
- Closing of Admissions for B.Sc. Courses 2019 Session: September 30th, 2019
- The Applicant should be an Indian National (not applicable to nominated Applicants)
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2019, the year of his/her admission to the B.Sc. courses i.e. they should have born or before 01st January 2003.
- Age Criteria – No upper age limit
- The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher/Senior Secondary Exam or the Indian School Certificate Exam, which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Exam after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Botany and Zoology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research & Training after introduction of 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education or Higher Secondary Exam (+2) Vocational Stream with Medical Laboratory Assistant or any equivalent exam.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Botany & Zoology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Botany & Zoology at the qualifying exam and competitive entrance exam.
- For Applicants belonging to the SC/ST or OBC/OPH the marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Botany & Zoology taken together in the qualifying exam and competitive entrance exam is 40%.
- An Eligibility Certificate is required in the case of foreign nationals nominated by the Central Govt. for admission to B.Sc. (MLT) Course.
- Applicants who are studying/have studied Medical Laboratory Assistant in the Vocational Stream will not be considered for B.Sc. (Nursing) Course
- The Applicants, who have passed qualifying exam other than those mentioned in the list will have to submit an eligibility certificate to JIPMER before admission is finalized for B.Sc. Courses.
JIPMER B.Sc Exam Pattern 2019
- Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only
- The examination shall be held on Saturday, June 22nd, 2019.
- The duration of the exam shall be 1½ hours (One Hour and Thirty minutes).The common Online (CBT) Entrance Examwill be conducted for all B.Sc. courses in a Single shift i.e. from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Therefore, all Applicants will be required to appear at CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Saturday, June 22nd, 2019.
- The venue, time and shift of the exam will be communicated to the Applicants in the Admit Card.
- No Applicant will be permitted to appear in the examination unless he/she holds a valid “Admit Card” issued by the Institute and a proof of their identification.
Method of Entrance Exam
- The Examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
- The Entrance Examis common to all and consists of 100 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects. and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:
- Physics – 20 Questions
- Chemistry – 20 Questions
- Biology – 40 Questions
- English Language – 10 Questions
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning – 10 Questions
- Total – 100 No. of Questions
- The questions for JIPMER B.Sc. Course Entrance Examination 2019 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
- Applicants are advised to go through the Mock Test for Computer Based Test (online exam). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER B.Sc. Entrance Exam-2019 link.
- The examination centres are tentatively proposed in 7 cities all over India. List of Cities is as mentioned below.
- New Delhi
- Applicant can opt only for THREE EXAM CITIES
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2019 Selection Procedure
- The Applicants will be selected based on the performance in the entrance exam which is scheduled on Sunday, 22nd June 2019
JIPMER Entrance Exam 2019 Hall Tickets
- Hall Tickets for the Entrance Exam shall be available for download to Applicants whose applications are complete in all respects, from 10th June 2019 (Monday) 10.00 AM onwards (Tentative)
- The Hall Ticket will contain
- Name and date of birth as typed by the Applicant in the application
- Photo and signature image as uploaded by the Applicant
- Examination City allotted and Roll Number.
- NO change in the category/age/name/DOB (Date of Birth) will be entertained after submission of application. The Applicants in such case have to apply afresh before the closing date.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2019 Application Procedure
- Applicants seeking nursing admission to JIPMER 2019 Entrance Exam are required to apply online through JIPMER Website jipmer.edu.in.
- JIPMER Nursing Exam 2019 Online Registration starts from 25th April 2019
- Submission of Application through online mode only; Applicants seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply online
- Mode of Submission of Application – Through Online Mode only
Mode of Payments
- Only through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. Demand Draft drawn in the favour of “The Accounts Officer, JIPMER,” Payable at Pondicherry
- Applicant opting for demand draft payment should send hard copy of the application, along with demand draft, to the Registrar (Academic), JIPMER, D’Nagar Post, Gorimedu, Pondicherry-605006, on or before the last date.
- Application Fees (INR) (Fees once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances
- General (UR) & P- UR Rs.1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OBC & P-OBC – Rs.1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST & P-SC& ST – Rs.1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- PwD – Exempted from Application Fees