JIPMER PG 2019: Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Puducherry has invited online applications from eligible applicants for JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam 2019 for admission to MD/MS Courses for the academic session starting from January 2019.
JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam 2019 Notification
Interested applicants can check out all the information of JIMPER PG 2019 Medical Entrance Exam like exam date, application form, application fee, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure, hall ticket, etc from this page give below. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Admission to all Professional Courses at JIPMER is through an Entrance Exam conducted by JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) at various Centers in India.
JIPMER PG Duration of the Course
- Duration of the MD/MS 36 months from the date of admission. The completion certificate will be issued only after 36 months of residency period (3 years).
Also See: PG Medical Entrance Exams 2018
JIPMER PG 2019 Exam Date
Online Registration form: 24th September 2018 (Monday) 10.00 AM
Online Registration Closes on 26th October 2018 (Friday) 05.00 PM
Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER Website (Hall Tickets will be made available through Internet download ONLY and NOT by Post): 14th November 2018 (Wednesday) 10.00 AM to 02nd December 2018 (Sunday) 8.00 AM
Date of JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam (Single Shift – Online Mode Only): 02nd December 2018 (Sunday 10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
Expected Date of Publication of Merit List: 12th December 2018 (Wednesday, 08.00 PM)
Counselling dates for choosing discipline:
First Counselling (Tentative): 19th December 2018 (Wednesday) 8.00 AM
Second Counselling (Tentative): 09th January 2019 (Wednesday) 8.00 AM
Third Counselling & Open Counselling (Tentative): 31st January 2019 (Wednesday) 8.00 AM
Final Counselling (Tentative): 27th February 2019 (Wednesday) 08.00 AM
Admission formalities (Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees etc): 28th February 2018 (Monday), 08.00 AM
An issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel Accommodation: 29th December 2018 (Saturday) 10.00 AM
Commencement of Course: 02nd January 2019 (Wednesday) 09.00 AM
Close of Admissions for MD/MS-January 2019 Session 28th February 2019(Thursday)
JIPMER PG Courses and Seat Distribution
MD/ MS Courses are offered in the following disciplines and the distribution of seats discipline-wise is as under:
- MD Courses: Anaesthesiology (07), Anatomy (03), Biochemistry (03), Community Medicine (03), Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology (03), Emergency Medicine (02), Forensic Medicine (01), General Medicine (01), Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion (01), Microbiology (03), Nuclear Medicine (01), Pathology (03), Pediatrics (08), Pharmacology (03), Physiology (03), Psychiatry (01), Pulmonary Medicine (01), Radio-diagnosis (03) , Radiotherapy (03).
- MS Courses: General Surgery (09), Obstetrics & Gynaecology (09), Ophthalmology (04), Orthopedic Surgery (03) and Oto-Rhino Laryngology (ENT) (03).
Distribution of 90 seats for Indian Nationals/OCI in
- The Number & Distribution of Seats are subject to variation depending upon the periodic directives /decisions from Competent Authorities (The vacant seats after final counseling will be carried over to July 2019 session)
Also See: Medical Entrance Exams
JIPMER PG 2019 Application Procedure
Applicants seeking admission to entrance exam is required to apply online. Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in and navigate to the link Apply online MD/MS admission for January 2019.
Read the prospectus and instruction carefully; the Applicant should acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application online.
JIPMER PG 2019 Application Fee
Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the Applicant using any one of the following mode of payment. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
General (UR) / SPONSORED Rs.1600 + Transaction Charges as applicable.
OBC Rs.1600 + Transaction Charges as applicable
SC/ST Rs.1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
NRI/OCI Rs.3000 + Transaction Charges as applicable
OPH Exempted from Application Fees
Mode of Payment
- Only through Net-Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card Payment through computer generated Challan Form in any branch of State Bank of India.
- The Applicant is advised to read the prospectus and instructions before starting online registration
- For any query or clarification sought for this admission and Entrance Examination, the replies will be provided only from the helplines and the emails mentioned below:
- Help (Toll-Free): 8002660669, Email: [email protected]; Enquiry (Academic Section): Please visit www.jipmer.edu.in regularly for notification/announcement etc regarding this exam
JIPMER PG 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Indian Nationals (IN): Applicant must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
Non-Resident Indians (FN): Non-Resident Indians Applicants are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi. All Non-Resident Indians will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for Postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy of the application and copy of the request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications
b) Educational Qualification
Applicants must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Applicant must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship / Practical training on or before 31st December 2018 [*Applicants not completing the internship on or before 31st December 2018 need not apply for January 2019 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date shall be accepted].
d) Minimum Qualifying Marks
(i) For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate;
(ii) For Applicants belonging to the SC/ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate;
(iii) For OPH Applicants the minimum aggregate as provided in (i) and (ii) for the category to which the Applicant belongs shall apply
JIPMER PG 2019 Scheme of Entrance Exam
Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only.
- The Exam shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium only. The Exam shall be held on Sunday, 02nd December 2018 (Sunday) from 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM.
- Duration of the Exam shall be 3 hours (Three hours); the Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in one shift.
- Therefore, all Applicants will be required to appear at CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Sunday, 02nd December 2018. The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the Applicants in the Admit Card.
- The Entrance Exam is common to all and consists of 250 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects, and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:
Subjects/No. of Questions:
a) Basic Clinical Sciences
Basic Clinical Sciences [(Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology)] – 100 Questions.
b) Clinical Sciences
Clinical Sciences [(Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine)] – 150 Questions
Applicants are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer-based Test (online Exam). Link for the mock test is available on JIPMER Website JIPMER MD/MS Entrance Exam January 2019 link.
JIPMER PG 2019 Exam Cities
The following 10 cities are tentatively proposed in India as the examination centres: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Puducherry, Trivandrum and Vijayawada.
- The applicant can opt only for THREE EXAM cities.
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis.
JIPMER PG 2019 Hall Tickets
JIPMER PG Hall Tickets for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download to Applicants whose applications are complete in all respects, from 14th November 2018 (Wednesday) 11.00 AM onwards (tentative) in JIPMER Website.
The hall ticket will contain (1) Name and date of birth as typed by the Applicant in the application; (2) Photo & Signature image as uploaded by the Applicant; (3) Examination city allotted and roll number.
NO change in the category/age/name/DOB (Date of Birth) will be entertained after submission of application.
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, (An Institution of National Importance, Under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India), Help (Toll Free): 8002660669, Email: [email protected]; Enquiry (Academic Section), Website www.jipmer.edu.in