JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam 2020 Notification
JIPMER PG 2020 (MD/MS): Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Puducherry has invited online applications from eligible applicants for JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam 2020 for admission to MD/MS Courses for the academic session starting from January 2020.
Interested applicants can check out all the information of JIMPER PG 2020 Medical Entrance Exam like exam date, application form, application fee, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure, hall ticket, etc from this page give below. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Admission to all Professional Courses at JIPMER is through an Entrance Exam conducted by JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) at various Centers in India.
JIPMER PG Duration of the Course
- Duration of the MD/MS 36 months from the date of admission. The completion certificate will be issued only after 36 months of residency period (3 years).
Also See: PG Medical Entrance Exams
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Dates
For JIPMER PG 2020 January Session:
|Application form filling starts||September 18th, 2019|
|Submission of application form||October 25th, 2019|
|Admit card availability||11th November 2019|
|Last date to download admit card||08th December 2019|
|JIPMER January 2020 Exam Date||December 8th, 2019|
|Merit List publication||08th December 2019|
|First counselling||December 12th, 2019|
|Second counselling||January 8th, 2020|
|Third counselling||February 5th, 2020|
|Final counselling||February 26th, 2020|
|Date of closing of admission||February 29th, 2020|
Counselling for choosing the discipline:
- OPH/Foreign Nationals/Sponsored (Tentative) 26th December 2019 (Thursday) 8.00 AM
- First Counselling (Tentative): 27th December 2019 (8.00 AM)
- Second Counselling (Tentative): 08th January 2020 (8.00 AM)
- Third Counselling & Open Counselling (Tentative): 05th February 2020 (8.00 AM)
- Final Counselling (Tentative) 26th February 2020 (Wednesday) 08.00 AM
- Admission formalities (Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees etc): 28th December 2019 (Monday), 08.00 AM
- Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel Accommodation 30th December 2019 10.00 AM
- Commencement of Course 01st January 2020 (09.00 AM)
- Close of Admissions for MD/MS – January 2020 Session 29th February 2020
For JIPMER PG 2020 July Session:
|Registration starts||4th week of January 2020|
|Registration closes||1st week of April 2020|
|Admit card availability||In the month of April 2020|
|JIPMER July 2020 Exam date||3rd week of May 2020|
|Result declaration||In the month of June 2020|
|First counselling||2nd week of June 2020|
|Second counselling||1st week of July 2020|
|Third counselling||4th week of July 2020|
|Final counselling||4th week of August 2020|
|Closing of admission||4th week of August 2020|
JIPMER PG Courses and Seat Distribution
MD/ MS Courses are offered in the following disciplines and the distribution of seat discipline-wise is as under:
- MD Courses: Anaesthesiology (07), Anatomy (03), Biochemistry (03), Community Medicine (03), Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology (03), Emergency Medicine (02), Forensic Medicine (01), General Medicine (01), Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion (01), Microbiology (03), Nuclear Medicine (01), Pathology (03), Pediatrics (08), Pharmacology (03), Physiology (03), Psychiatry (01), Pulmonary Medicine (01), Radio-diagnosis (03) , Radiotherapy (03).
- MS Courses: General Surgery (09), Obstetrics & Gynaecology (09), Ophthalmology (04), Orthopedic Surgery (03) and Oto-Rhino Laryngology (ENT) (03).
Distribution of 90 seats for Indian Nationals/OCI in
- The Number & Distribution of Seats are subject to variation depending upon the periodic directives /decisions from Competent Authorities (The vacant seats after final counseling will be carried over to July 2020 session)
Also See: Medical Entrance Exams
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Procedure
Applicants seeking admission to entrance exam is required to apply online. Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in and navigate to the link Apply online MD/MS admission for January 2020.
Read the prospectus and instruction carefully; the Applicant should acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application online.
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Fee
Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the Applicant using any one of the following modes of payment. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
- General (UR) / SPONSORED Rs.1600 + Transaction Charges as applicable.
- OBC Rs.1600 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST Rs.1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- NRI/OCI Rs.3000 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OPH Exempted from Application Fees
Mode of Payment
- Only through Net-Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card Payment through computer generated Challan Form in any branch of State Bank of India.
- The Applicant is advised to read the prospectus and instructions before starting the online registration
- For any query or clarification sought for this admission and Entrance Examination, the replies will be provided only from the helplines and the emails mentioned below:
- Help (Toll-Free): 8002660669, Email: [email protected]; Enquiry (Academic Section): Please visit www.jipmer.edu.in regularly for notification/announcement, etc regarding this exam.
Check out more Entrance Exams
JIPMER PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Indian Nationals (IN): Applicant must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
Non-Resident Indians (FN): Non-Resident Indians Applicants are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi. All Non-Resident Indians will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for Postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy of the application and copy of the request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
b) Educational Qualification
Applicants must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Applicant must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship / Practical training on or before 31st December 2019 [*Applicants not completing the internship on or before 31st December 2019 need not apply for January 2020 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date shall be accepted].
d) Minimum Qualifying Marks
(i) For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate;
(ii) For Applicants belonging to the SC/ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate;
(iii) For OPH Applicants the minimum aggregate as provided in (i) and (ii) for the category to which the Applicant belongs shall apply
JIPMER PG 2020 Scheme of Entrance Exam
Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only.
- The Exam shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium only. The Exam shall be held on Sunday, 08th December 2019 (Sunday) from 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM.
- Duration of the Exam shall be 3 hours (Three hours); the Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in one shift.
- Therefore, all Applicants will be required to appear at the CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Sunday, 08th December 2019. The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the Applicants in the Admit Card.
- The Entrance Exam is common to all and consists of 250 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects, and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:
Subjects/No. of Questions:
a) Basic Clinical Sciences
Basic Clinical Sciences [(Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology)] – 100 Questions.
b) Clinical Sciences
Clinical Sciences [(Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine)] – 150 Questions
Applicants are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer-based Test (Online Exam). Link for the mock test is available on JIPMER Website JIPMER MD/MS Entrance Exam January 2020 link.
Also See: AIIMS PG 2020 Notification
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Cities
The following 10 cities are tentatively proposed in India as the examination centers: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Puducherry, Trivandrum, and Vijayawada.
- The applicant can opt only for THREE EXAM cities.
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis.
JIPMER PG 2020 Hall Tickets
- JIPMER PG Hall Tickets for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download to Applicants whose applications are complete in all respects, from 3rd week of November 2019, 11.00 AM onwards (tentative) in JIPMER Website.
- The hall ticket will contain (1) Name and date of birth as typed by the Applicant in the application; (2) Photo & Signature image as uploaded by the Applicant; (3) Examination city allotted and roll number.
- NO change in the category/age/name/DOB (Date of Birth) will be entertained after submission of application.
Also See: AIIMS MBBS 2020
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, (An Institution of National Importance, Under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India), Help (Toll-Free): 8002660669, Email: [email protected]; Enquiry (Academic Section), Website www.jipmer.edu.in